Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got me a 5000

4 posters

Go down

Got me a 5000 Empty Got me a 5000

Post by BenGPX5000 Tue 17 Jul 2012, 10:24 pm

Well, after a crudload time of research, umm-ing and arr-ing and more procrastination. I bit the bullet and went and bought a GPX5000 fhsdfg . I pick it up tomorrow with a few other bits and bobs, get a quick run down and some base line settings. Only problem is, i need to find someone willing to go with me and show me a few things so i can start the swinging. I am heading to work Thursday night, so it might be a case of resting my soul and patience and waiting until im on my days off and tag along with someone. If anyone is keen to head out next week sometime (Tuesday - Thursday) drop me a line.

Any help or hints for in the field but preferrably when actually in the field would be greatly appreciated. Dammit, i'm looking forward to the day i find my first piece. Hopefully it won't take me a year wegr

BenGPX5000

Back to top Go down

Got me a 5000 Empty Re: Got me a 5000

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jul 2012, 11:24 pm

G'day Ben

Congrats on gettin ya 5k mate, you wont be sorry, dont even unwrap the 11"DD coil just stick
with the 11" Mono mate.
Where abouts are you situated, might be someone close thats willing to show you a trick or 2 Wink

In the meantime have a look at my post on the 5000 for beginners guide

http://www.detectingwestaustraliangold.com/t391-some-advise-for-new-gpx5000-users#2148

Good luck and it wont be long til you see colour inya hand cheers

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by BenGPX5000 Tue 17 Jul 2012, 11:29 pm

G'day Pete,

I'm in Kalgoorlie. Cant freaking wait to get out there and give it a swing. Bring on the endless days of wandering this incredible countryside. Very Happy

Crazy Pete wrote:G'day Ben

Congrats on gettin ya 5k mate, you wont be sorry, dont even unwrap the 11"DD coil just stick
with the 11" Mono mate.
Where abouts are you situated, might be someone close thats willing to show you a trick or 2 Wink

In the meantime have a look at my post on the 5000 for beginners guide

http://www.detectingwestaustraliangold.com/t391-some-advise-for-new-gpx5000-users#2148

Good luck and it wont be long til you see colour inya hand cheers

Pete Cool

BenGPX5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Wed 18 Jul 2012, 11:22 am

don't cover too much ground by taking big steps and walking afield. i'm sure most of the areas you will go to will be old scrapings and there is still plenty of gold left to be found there.

but if you take big steps and miss covering a lot of ground with the coil, then your going to miss the small gold. 1sq metre should take you atleast 20 seconds to cover.

overlap your swings and swing slow and steady. keep the coil aboug 1 inch off the ground and keep it level.

best of luck, and don't be discouraged if you don't find gold first time out.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 18 Jul 2012, 6:00 pm

Good advice there, slowly does it. Walk or swing to fast, forget it, ya just wasting ya time. And get the coil on the ground, don't scoop ya swing.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 18 Jul 2012, 7:25 pm

Slow & steady works great if you have time in your favour, but sometimes if your doing a virgin area & theres half a dozen other hopefulls around & 20 gramm sunbakers are comming up here & there, its bolt on the twin johnsons to your rear & powerchain quick as , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:00 pm

albo, if thats what ya up against, pack up an leave, go to another area. it then makes them wonder why you are going. but no sense trying to put bad practices into someones head coz of that.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:25 pm

Hi Biggnugs , that situation did happen once & when big gold is coming up , you do have to motor along & get the lumps. We powerchained half a footy oval 2 blokes in one day & got 16 oz . & then moved on to another run which was not as good. The low an slow bloke spent a week crosschaining & got 2 oz saying look what you missed. Its what you get , not what you miss! I know where id rather be. If things are perfect , yes low & slow is the way to go. albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:36 pm

There we go. you had more doin a patch than just ya self, so get it and get out. doesn't matter what ya leave behind, as long as ya happy.
We is still talking newbies here and we need to put them on the right track.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BenGPX5000 Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:46 pm

I picked up the 5000 today, took it home, charged the battery, put it together and after a while went for a test. Unfortunately, the control box decided to be faulty. I took it back and luckily they had another one sitting there waiting. So i swapped it out and this one works fantastically.

I took it out past Kanowna and wandered around for an hour or so to test things out. No idea if the area was good for gold, but it was just to get it out there and start swinging. I found a 223 casing, 22 projectile and a few other bent and smashed up projectiles.

But you know what? I had a freaking blast. It works and it will find things, unfortunately not gold on this trip out. I had used a 4500 previously, and i found it confusing because of the ground noise you could balance out. This one is as quiet as a mouse once it's balanced. Sensational.

Anyone care to tell me where a good spot is. Willing to tag along and spend a few days out and about searching. Will supply beer etc as a thankyou for the opportunity Very Happy

BenGPX5000

Back to top Go down

Got me a 5000 Empty .Got me a 5000

Post by albo Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:55 pm

Yep even if your lucky enough to get a good run , big slope or wide area , chain it out quickly, get the lumps & that will show the expanse & direction of the run & then go back finally & crosschain & polish low / slow the hotter areas of the run.... well this ones for the new blokes, albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 18 Jul 2012, 8:59 pm

You supplying the beer, bugger me. I'm in Freo or I would take ya up on ya offer.
Just keep swinging but get outa the tourist areas, look further than the ground everyone walks over.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 18 Jul 2012, 9:50 pm

Hi Ben, keep trying new ground thats worth a chance & paddle your own canoe, yool come up trumps eventually.Theres plenty of crumbing spots , go for the new ground allways. albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm

hey there ben im a 5k guy and i live in kalgoorlie.....i do trips into the bush by myself.....maybe some company would be good...whgen you say you supply beer etc...what is the etc...you got me interested there....its very hard to get in kalgoorlie.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

Sex is easy ta get in KAL Rolling Eyes Got me a 5000 2225825816 lwkgh ;xs;sp

Oh! its not sex ya after wegr Wink Wink :rolf: Jah Rastafari hjjo

Back to top Go down

Post by BenGPX5000 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:54 pm

General hercules wrote:hey there ben im a 5k guy and i live in kalgoorlie.....i do trips into the bush by myself.....maybe some company would be good...whgen you say you supply beer etc...what is the etc...you got me interested there....its very hard to get in kalgoorlie.....

I'll be heading out in 6 days time to see if i can find something. Got a 12 day stretch at work at the moment so i haven't been able to head out as much as i'd like.

I'm also heading out by myself, its a little awkward as i havent got the best sort of tyres on my ute. Just about got stuck out near Lake Penny on the haul road. It was night time and i went for an explore for sh#ts and giggles. Company would be good. I'm looking at heading a bit further afield though. Head a few hours through Kanowna and up that road. Got a few ideas.

PM me on here if you're at a loose end, i'll bring some beer. But there is no etc apart from the stubby coolers.

Ben

BenGPX5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down