Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headphones for gpx 5000

5 posters

Go down

Headphones for gpx 5000 Empty Headphones for gpx 5000

Post by Golditch Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:33 pm

Hi gents/ ladys, was wondering on best headphones for a 5000 unit and what others use ? Goid / bad comments welcome. Cheers itch

Golditch

Back to top Go down

Headphones for gpx 5000 Empty Re: Headphones for gpx 5000

Post by Wedgetail Sun 11 Feb 2018, 11:31 am

Well, not the Minelab issued KOSS ones for a start. They are useless for detecting. I won't criticise the sound 'cos everyone's ears are different. But the floppy, flimsy, fly off yer head at the slightest tug are hopeless when digging out the target or locating once the target is in yer hand I have several pairs hanging around the place - I dunno why I keep 'em!

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Jin Tue 13 Feb 2018, 5:18 am

Gogg headphones are pretty good. Also, Aldi noise-canceling headphones for $40 aren't to bad. I've heard a few people say that the BOSE QuietComfort 20 acoustic noise cancelling headphones are very good. I've tested 5 different brands and for me, the goggs have come out on top. I haven't tried the Bose QuietComfort yet.

Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Feb 2018, 5:02 am

I have some early model Koss TD80's that work well, they are a smaller fit than the later issue UR90's, they have better sound and stay in place on your head a bit better, you might have to hunt around to get them though, probably only get second hand ones but you can buy the replacement ear muffs for them, I got the replacement muffs from Reeds the last time.

Mostly I use some behind the neck lightweight headphones, they are very responsive and comfortable, as you can wear a hat and cover them over with the fly net as well, you can get Koss ones but I used to get the ones Dick smiths sold, think it was their brand ones, I picked up several new pairs some time back from a garage sale and have been using them ever since.

cheers

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by cueite Sun 18 Feb 2018, 6:47 am

for me the only ones are R.P.G.s cost $50 from reids p rospecters patch or any mine lab outlet they are compy and the wind doesent bother them have used them for over 40 years and will take a bit of rough handling as wedgtail said the koss ones are crap cheers john

cueite

Back to top Go down

Post by Golditch Fri 23 Feb 2018, 7:24 pm

Thanks gents, I will check theses out and pick a pair.

Taa gold itch.

Golditch

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Fri 23 Feb 2018, 7:48 pm

I just picked up Gray Ghosts. They feel very comfortable but they haven't uttered a sound yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down