Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc

+6
Goldbait
Makaw
delapan
fencejumper
the speciman
pilbarachad
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc - Page 2 Empty Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc

Post by pilbarachad Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Gday everyone,

Just wanted to hear some thoughts and experiences about boosters. Ive been thinking about them a bit since rc62burke suggested i get one on another thread, and pretty sure i will get one. Many people out there use them?

Im running a GP extreme so would be most interested to hear from other extreme users that use a booster. I noticed theres a couple different types out there aswell, not sure if they are much of a muchness or if one particular brand stands out from the others.

Cheers Very Happy
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc

Post by pilbarachad Tue 17 Apr 2012, 6:13 pm

Gday CrustyGus,

Your mate probably does have the same batteries as me, they sound the same and they are on ebay all the time.

Dont know how your mate will go with the velcro holding the batteries on, it didnt cut it for me as the adhesive would just go soft in the heat up here and before i knew it they would be dangling buy the chord!!!. I ended up buying a control box cover with a side pocket to keep my battery in.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc - Page 2 Empty Re: Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc

Post by Flakmagnet Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:55 am

Hi Pete,

Just a short comment re your question about using a booster with a 5000.
Is there any way you can borrow a B&Z booster from a mate?
Use it for a day and compare using it with just the 5000 booster battery alone on an undug signal,
I think you will not have to be convinced beyond that.

I have been using one for the last four detectors and I wouldn't be without it with speakers,
slightly less so using headphones but I feel for sure they lift signals that might otherwise be missed.

fwiw and best wishes,

Flak
Flakmagnet
Flakmagnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:07 am

Hi Flak

No i dont know anyone who has a B&Z who could lend it me for a go unfortunately.

Perhaps one of our members could be so kind as ta lend us one for a while and i'll post up the findings Very Happy
Please PM me if you can, i would much appreciate it..
Can pick up in Perth region.

Good to hear from you Flak Very Happy hope all is well across your way
and all the best to the family mate Wink

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Apr 2012, 11:30 am

Flakmagnet wrote:Hi Pete,

Just a short comment re your question about using a booster with a 5000.
Is there any way you can borrow a B&Z booster from a mate?
Use it for a day and compare using it with just the 5000 booster battery alone on an undug signal,
I think you will not have to be convinced beyond that.

I have been using one for the last four detectors and I wouldn't be without it with speakers,
slightly less so using headphones but I feel for sure they lift signals that might otherwise be missed.

fwiw and best wishes,

Flak
i wouldn't go without my B&Z booster as i have found heaps that i had walked over just with standard gear. the 8g i found yesterday i wouldn't picked it if it wasn't for the B&Z....wish i had one when i had started this hobby...money well spent.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Boulder Tue 08 May 2012, 6:08 pm

Hopefully Pete can get a hold of a B&Z and give us some test findings.

I prefer headphones with my 5000 using my own set instead of the ones supplied. My detecting mate prefers using an external speaker with the B&Z on his 5000. When we have compared signal responses over a suspect target I seem to be able match it with his Speaker /Booster combo. Might have try out his B&Z with my headphones to see if any improvement.

Is anyone here running a B&Z or some other booster with headphones?

Boulder

Boulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 6:44 pm

G'day Boulder

Mate i decided to put my money into a NF 30x7 Mono to hunt up new patches
so the B&Z is gonna have to wait a while, but still if anyone wants to lend me
one for a quick go that would be great.
I'm very skeptical, after all a sound amplifier is a sound amplifier and until i use a B&Z
i'm one the fence on the B&Z or Rooster booster must have trinket craze..

Hey Boulder be careful ya dont blast ya eardrums out mate, set all volumes to zero
before ya crank up any boosters with h/phones.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 7:11 am

Get off the fence Pete.

The Detacc or Rooster Booster or B & Z all improve signal quality and volume. hjjo

Period!

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 7:37 am

So does the inbuilt GPX booster Rob Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Flakmagnet Wed 09 May 2012, 8:02 am

Pete,

While it is true the inbuilt booster also lifts the signal,
I hope you will talk about the pro's and con's of the B&Z
after you have tested one. Cool
By the way, I am only being persistent about this
in the interest of you finding even more gold than you usually do.

I have owned and used a Detacc which is also good
I like the B&Z better,
I have not owned the other brand.
I have no connection with B&Z - which you know
but I want others to know too.

My best...
Flakmagnet
Flakmagnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Boulder Wed 09 May 2012, 4:23 pm

Thanks Pete and Flakmagnet for your responses.

I previously ran a Detacc booster with an GME external speaker on my 3000 before I updated to the 5000.

Never having owned or operated a B&Z booster I would be interested in its advantages?

Also since I now prefer headphones with my 5000 is it worthwhile for me to invest in say the B&Z for use with my headphones?

Thanks for further replies.

Boulder

Boulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flakmagnet Wed 09 May 2012, 11:44 pm

Hi Boulder,

I use the B&Z with dual speakers.

When I use headphones I find the inboard amp on my 5000
works just fine. I do have individual volume adjustments on the headphones
which helps me if I want a slight boost in volume.

All the best...

Flakmagnet
Flakmagnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Mon 14 May 2012, 11:09 pm

The big advantage having a booster not wired to the inbuilt booster is when its windy.
The inbuilt booster cannot cope when the ambient's is to noisy...the booster ups this problem.

I use the inbuilt 90% of the time with no probs......but there are times it lacks the grunt....running from an angry lease holder and waving over the ground tagging a target while on the run is one of those times you wish you had a booster....after all...your going to come back to that spot when its dark ...you know it and so do i. :rolf:

Remember when wiring it up if not pre wired is to not engage the inbuilt amp. This will probably turn you off boosters as the speakers overload....However, you can have it wired to the inbuilt amp and just keep the target volume and amp volume matched. ( not recommended)

ML gives you an inbuilt amp that is of good quality, it just needs a little more volume in my opinion. Top it off with a good ext speaker and it works well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flakmagnet Tue 15 May 2012, 12:21 am

Narrawa,

That says it better than I was able to, the in-built amp is good.
When used with a booster it is better - and better is what we are all looking for.

I trust all is well with you
Best wishes,

Flak
Flakmagnet
Flakmagnet

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Tue 15 May 2012, 4:22 pm

G-day Flak,
All is well m8, loving the outback and loving the freedom.
Just have to deter some of these eastern staters from coming over here and rummaging our goldfields. spank fghghg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 May 2012, 9:18 pm

Rolling Eyes Geez - the Turon crew will think yaz abandoned em Razz Razz

Hope you n the Misses are gettin a bit out there mate.

Nudge Nudge Wink Wink say no more Razz

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2