Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc

+6
Goldbait
Makaw
delapan
fencejumper
the speciman
pilbarachad
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc Empty Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc

Post by pilbarachad Sat 14 Apr 2012, 6:32 pm

Gday everyone,

Just wanted to hear some thoughts and experiences about boosters. Ive been thinking about them a bit since rc62burke suggested i get one on another thread, and pretty sure i will get one. Many people out there use them?

Im running a GP extreme so would be most interested to hear from other extreme users that use a booster. I noticed theres a couple different types out there aswell, not sure if they are much of a muchness or if one particular brand stands out from the others.

Cheers Very Happy
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc Empty Re: Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc

Post by the speciman Sat 14 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

GDAY PILBARACHAD
i used a SUPER SOUND signal enhancer on the older sd series it worked well.
ill see if i can find it a show ya a picture it was green and yellow on the front panel.
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc Empty Re: Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc

Post by pilbarachad Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

Thanks speciman.

Theres actually 2 of the super sound enhancers on ebay at the moment that i am keeping my eye on. If you reckon they work well i might throw a bid on.

Cheers
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by the speciman Sat 14 Apr 2012, 10:30 pm

YE PC
give it a crack m8 !!it worked well on me 2100
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by fencejumper Sun 15 Apr 2012, 7:39 am

g'day
i can recommend SUPER SOUND by detacc aswell, used one on the sd2100 and the three gp's and then a five pin one on the 4000
they are the bees knees,
keep an eye on e'bay as they have been comming up realy cheap. i got another 5 pin (sold last one) to try on the 5000 for $30 a couple of weeks ago..
i have no high pitch hearing, but a detacc and running a low tone and the signals jump up and grab you by the balls. What a Face
cheers fencejumper
fencejumper
fencejumper

Back to top Go down

Post by delapan Sun 15 Apr 2012, 8:46 am

just purchased a coiltek GPX battery system for the 4500, has on/off switch, and a volume control, constant 8v until runs out of power, me thinks will be able to up the settings on the detector and turn down the volume control on battery to a comfortable level, cheers
delapan
delapan

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:07 am

I ran a booster on my extreme, and its worth every cent..
I hated running without it once i used it a few times..
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 10:14 am

fencejumper wrote:g'day
i got another 5 pin (sold last one) to try on the 5000 for $30 a couple of weeks ago..

cheers fencejumper

FJ, I tried my DeTacc I used on my 4500 on the 5000 but it wouldn't work with the 5000 battery. I took it to the tech at Bendigogold and he modified it for $0 and it works well. Still worked on the 4000 also.
I think the new Rooster Booster is an upgraded DeTacc

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:17 am

Its an absolute "must do" to run an external booster on all ML's from the 2000 up to the 4000,
turn the detectors volume up flat out and then use the booster to set your final volume level.

Ive never run a booster on the 45 or 5k although i do always use a speaker, personally i just cant
see the reasoning behind running an external booster when i have a good one built into the
battery, maybe 'im missing out on something here ?? scratch Very Happy

Perhaps someone could explain the advantage of an external booster VS Gpx built in booster
and their settings that make it worth the while doin so, and why the internal booster cant do
the same thing. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

Thanks for all the replys guys.

Looks like i may have been doing myself a major disservice this last 6 months by not using one. Evil or Very Mad
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

On the SD's and Gp's i used to run an in line Coiltek Mini booster, runs of the detectors battery
and draws stuff all power, built like a brick shitouse with aluminium case no plastic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by fencejumper Sun 15 Apr 2012, 2:41 pm

goldnomad wrote:
fencejumper wrote:g'day
i got another 5 pin (sold last one) to try on the 5000 for $30 a couple of weeks ago..

cheers fencejumper

FJ, I tried my DeTacc I used on my 4500 on the 5000 but it wouldn't work with the 5000 battery. I took it to the tech at Bendigogold and he modified it for $0 and it works well. Still worked on the 4000 also.
I think the new Rooster Booster is an upgraded DeTacc

Robert

thanks for the heads up mate, i have a spare 4000 battery i got the detacc to use with that and speaker.
cheers fencejumper
fencejumper
fencejumper

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:00 pm

i can only vouch for 1 nugget i found when using a booster/external speaker setup. i went over the same area i found a nugget with the headphones and didn't hear the signal. i used my mates setup(my detector) and i heard the nugget. I also like the fact that i can adjust the volume externally without going into the detectors settings.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sun 15 Apr 2012, 3:59 pm

Thanks goldbait-makes me wander how much stuff i have walked over and not heard.

Just out of curiosity what detector were you using at the time? Dont suppose you can remember how big and deep the nugget was also :?:

cheers
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Sun 15 Apr 2012, 4:02 pm

yeah. using a gpx5000 in fine gold settings. rxgain 13, stab 8. 11" mono coil.

gold went 1.8g. it was atleast 8 inches down. very faint signal, but a nice mellow sound.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2012, 5:22 pm

interesting goldbait , and that was on a gpx5000 yeah ?

burnsy

Back to top Go down

Boosters, amps, signal enhancers etc Empty Re: boosters,amps,signal enhancers etc

Post by johnf Sun 15 Apr 2012, 5:49 pm

5000 manual reads : " after market boosters may not operatein conjunction with this built in amplifier. The 'Target Volume' adjustment allows you to adjust the target signal volume and threshold, so accessory boosters are not recommended" cheers,john

johnf

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Sun 15 Apr 2012, 5:58 pm

yeah mate. it's one of jonathon porters twin speaker designs.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:18 am

If your still using the dome top 6vlt battery with your extreme,you will be experiencing voltage drop
The dome top batteries have a surface voltage of 6.7vlts when fully charged,but will
Fall sharply an hr or so in. Thats where a voltage regulated battery sytem comes in. If you run one of these
you will be running at 6.7vlts all day,not just the first hr or so.
You can also run a booster as well.
Just my opinion mate,as I ran them on my 2200,Extreme,3000 and 3500 with good results.Iii

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:53 pm

Thanks Crustygus,

I dont use my minelab dometop battery much, got a couple of smaller batteries off ebay but ive got no idea weather they are voltage regulated or not??? Might have to take my multimeter out next time and do some tests
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by the speciman Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm

GDAY PC
i found my signal enhancer dont buy one!!
you can HAVE mine. for cost of postage
pm me
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:26 pm

Thanks very much Speciman but i bought and payed for one yesterday!!! Appreciate the offer though mate, very kind of you.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by the speciman Mon 16 Apr 2012, 8:59 pm

HE PC
no worries m8 thats how we roll up here !!
just help each other out. be nice to people and they be nice to you!!
good scratchin
cheers the speciman
(be good ta have a beer and chat) catch ya up m8

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Apr 2012, 5:44 am

i find the B&Z booster awesome on the 5000 and have picked up gold that i had missed just running the 5 normal. i'm glad i brought it for sure.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Apr 2012, 7:00 am

Gday PC,
I think I know the batteries your using. They are the 6.5vlt 5 amp hr
lightweight models. A mate got a pair with chargers recently for his Extreme.
They seem to go allright,and he has velcroed it to his control box cover along with his booster and a speaker
so he runs totally wireless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next