Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salt lakes- any restrictions Continued!

5 posters

Go down

Salt lakes- any restrictions Continued! Empty Salt lakes- any restrictions Continued!

Post by Yibidavid Fri 16 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm

Even though this topic is supposed to have ended I must have my say & maybe clarify things. When I asked about the Salt lakes, I thought it was a good question. I hadn't seen anyone talk about this subject in recent times,over here in the Eastern states we hardly have any salt lakes so you can understand my ignorance . I have followed most of your new forum for a few months & think it is invaluable & also funny at the same time. Firstly to Caterpillar, I didn't find your comment offensive maybe a little blunt but I am 59 so can handle that. I just hope you do stay on this forum as I don't want to be responseable of ridding you from this site, especially as I thought I asked a legitimit question. To Biggnuggs I do appreciate you supporting me & trying to keep this forum in order. To Pete, thanks kindly for your time & effort for your useful info you have provided me. Oneday69 thanks for your comments, I was thinking of heading to the Leonora & Laverton region probably spring, when the AFL home & away season has finished. I have checked the annual weather charts so this seems a good time for me, don't want to be trapped in my camper trailer by the rain! If I can take a bit more of your time, it is funny how people think that we might be a newbie by our comments? Just for the record I worked in Porthedland for 2.5 years 1984-86, got my first detector " Goldseeker 10000 for 980 bucks, I managed to order Gold & ghosts vol1 for a whole $30 which I still have in top nick. I used to work 6 days per week so really couldn't get to the goldfields, except I had 2 days off once so ventured in my old subaru to Nullagine, it was magic country but had no hope penetrateing those highly mineralised hot rocks. I tried a few spots on the way back to the eastern states still for no colour. 6 years ago I decided to get back into this hobby ( for some) & bought the GP3500, 2nd hand in good nick off Jack Lange- when he owned his shop in NSW. If you know Brisbane at all, you have more chance of being hit by lightning than finding gold here. I originally shifted from Vic back in 1979 & the way the triangle is, I definately will be coming back to WA after 28 years to try & break my dux. PS I did try Clermont for a week 5 years ago, lovely place but nothing for me just the same. Finally am I a newbie? I'll let you guys decide, thanks for your time. In the future I will think extra carefully before I post a thread, cheers David
Yibidavid
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

Salt lakes- any restrictions Continued! Empty Re: Salt lakes- any restrictions Continued!

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2012, 3:21 pm

Gday David

Thanks for your kind comments on my post mate, i'm more than happy to help anybody from any state
Regardless of newbie or been in the game for a fair while like yourself, there is one thing that will always hold true - - All men are equal on a goldfield :eureka:

A bit more info, the time of year you picked is the best time for leonora/Lavo,
the weather is unreal with a average around 25c and blue skies and a gentle breeze, the sun can be powerful
even tho the temp is low so a brimmed hat or Arafat hat is the go, the shoreline of the top 1/2 of lake Carey
is a good place to swing on and also back up onto the bank and up any feeder gullies.

Nth of Lavo you still have a good chance of gettin onto some good gold all the way up to Duketon, Leonora
is always a steady bet and the triangle encompassing Leonora/Mertondale/Cardinia & sth onto the Leo/Lavo rd
is all good ground, nth/west of Leonora you can run up the old Agnew rd and there are many good spots to
the nth off that rd inc Mt Clifford,Puzzle,Jasper hills, etc.
Most have seen a fair bit of action but using the right gear and technique will still get you onto some decent gold
out at the areas mentioned...
If your not up to speed with the WA Tengraph system i'd advise ya to get stuck into it while you have time as
this is crucial to you not encroaching on live active tenements in your travels for gold.

Miners rights can be gotten over the phone at the WA mines dept on - 08 9222 3333 $25 for life, or
picked up in Kal on your way through.

Make sure you have a good large solid pick, no soft dirt here, GPS, UHF 2 ways,spare power lead,spare headphones
or ext speaker, strong boots no steelcaps, and at least 2 spare wheels for the bush, and 100ltrs water minimum.

If you need a bit more info have a look at this - http://www.detectingwestaustraliangold.com/t876-ok-so-your-coming-to-wa-where-do-you-start

Good luck this season Dave and hope you get here and enjoy every minute of it..
If you need any detailed info on certain fields or gear/settings PM me.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Salt lakes- any restrictions Continued! Empty Re: Salt lakes- any restrictions Continued!

Post by Bignuggs Fri 16 Mar 2012, 7:23 pm

Hi David,

I'm glad you are liking what you see on our little forum and we hope to see more from you. Got some Pics or questions, just fire away.

I guess I better explain to everyone why I locked the original thread. The topic wasn't locked to stop the discussion about salt lakes, it was locked to stop any further adverse banter which may have gotten heated. It's unfortunate but it happens in all forums and to be honest, I've had enough of prima donna's who think they are the best thing since they invented sliced bread and who get there nose's put out of joint when they are challenged.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by keating.gold Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:02 pm

Well said bignuggs
keating.gold
keating.gold

Back to top Go down

Post by the speciman Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:25 pm

GDAY GUYS
good response fellas (cliff and pete) and good advice from ya both.

YIBI DAVID i think ya put up a good case and if ya think ya got a valid question buy all means ask it??
ya might get a few adverse comments from those that dont read ya post fully but just take that tongue in cheeck my friend.
you will allways get a honest and informative responce from alot of the crew onboard here they are just that sort of blokes!!!!
good scratchin
cheers the speciman
(PS my advice to tecting salt flats is allways do it at LOW TIDE)
im not kidding we have tidal flats at the nickol river as ya would remember from ya last visit.

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Fri 16 Mar 2012, 9:42 pm

Ok ? Some useful Salt Lake info I think.

http://www.janetsgoldnuggets.com/index.htm

Cheers, Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Salt lakes- any restrictions Continued! Empty Salt Lakes- continued!

Post by Yibidavid Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:26 am

TO Pete, Bignuggs, Zap & Speciman, Would like to thank you all wholeheartedly for your support & especially for the great info you have been supplying me. I certainly feel a lot more confident & definately appreciate the great vibes I'm getting from you fellas. For people I haven't even met you guys are surely the right recipe for keeping this ideal challenge & lifestyle of this fantastic country in the positive mode. I must mention that I recently applied for a Miners right from Perth. A pleasant surprise cause they said I've held a Miners right since 1984. I don't usually forget important things like that, but hey it's been 28 years. As far as tengraph goes I bought myself that CD from Tony Fogarty " Preparing for Gold in WA" He guides you through it all quite professionally. I haven't mastered it yet but I know that active leases are coloured Green so no go zone unless you have their permission & Blue is pending where you do have a chance! I think the Tengraph could change not o nly daily but even by the hour , so there is a fair bit of vague- ness happening here, if there is such a word? No I have been planning this trip for a while, so it won't be rushed with plenty of careful planning & research. I need to get some Topo maps from " Mad Tunas" shop very soon so I can study them properly. I managed to download a copy of those Pastoral Leases- Owners that thankfully Bignuggs provided us. I concentrated around Leonora& Laverton & will be sending the owners an email which they have provided, so hopefully I can get some positive feed off them. Anyhow enough rantings by me ( for now) so lucky scratchings to you all & hope this year your dreams may be fulfilled whgirt - & mind to
Yibidavid
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 17 Mar 2012, 12:40 pm

As much as I'd like to, I can't take credit for the list of Pastoral Leases. It was kindly provided by one of our member and now that I think about it, I'll find it again and print it out myself.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down