Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellip Mono vs Round DD

2 posters

Go down

Ellip Mono vs Round DD Empty Ellip Mono vs Round DD

Post by pilbarachad Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

Quick question- i know an elliptical wont punch as deep as a round coil-for instance an 18x12 wont go as deep as an 18 round, and that a DD wont go as deep as an equal sized mono. But out of and 18x12 mono and 18" DD whats gonna win for penetration?

Thanks guys
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Ellip Mono vs Round DD Empty Re: Ellip Mono vs Round DD

Post by pilbarachad Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:22 pm

Sorry i should state i am aware of all the differences between the two coil types eg search field shape, sensitivity, handling of minerilization etc-just wanted to know about outright depth.

Cheers.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm

Hi Chad

It all comes down to the way the mineralization is deposited, if you have multi layers of different mineralised
ground types like a layer cake, and each is very different in its GB characteristics "ie" opposing, then a DD
will be the better choice to cut through the layers and penetrate way down.

But if the mineralization is pretty much the same from top down to target, a mono will get down easy.
The problem with Mono's is if you GB to the top layer and then there are underground opposing layers
the coils field can sometimes be splayed out on hitting the bad layer instead of cutting through and searching
below it.

Hope this makes sense Very Happy

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Ellip Mono vs Round DD Empty Ellip Mono v Round DD

Post by Yibidavid Sun 04 Mar 2012, 2:54 pm

Hi pilbarachad, Good question I've thought of that before. We know that a 18 x 12 is equalled to a 15'' mono. ie 18 + 12 =30 divided by 2 =15, so I'm only guessing- in my opinion a 18DD should out punch a 15'' mono, but probably not by much? David
Yibidavid
Yibidavid

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sun 04 Mar 2012, 5:03 pm

Thanks guys.

Pete-the area im planning on using it on actually has a very distinct change at about the 10" mark, the one nugget i found at this place was actually sitting right on the interface of the 2 layers-im hoping there may be some more down in that second layer? Sounds to me anyway that the 18"DD is definately worth a shot.

Gonna hit it with a 20" mono aswell, so we will see what happens.

Yibidavid- i never knew about adding eliptical dimensions together and then halfing to get a rough round equivalent, so cheers for that.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down