Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where would you start

+2
boobook
Makaw
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where would you start - Page 2 Empty Where would you start

Post by Makaw Wed 08 Feb 2012, 3:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Its a 700k trip for me to have a swing, Here is my proposed area.
I have circled where i think i should start looking for a new patch.
But my question is. Where would you start?
Any tips appreciated...
Its all nice country, with salt and pepper everywhere u look. Wash on hills is about 20 cm , in the gullies up to 10 feet but mainly around 2 feet.
The circled bits are where i think i should go. What do you think?
I am looking at getting away from the mines and finding a virgin patch..
Where would you start - Page 2 Goldgr10
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Where would you start - Page 2 Empty Re: Where would you start

Post by boobook Fri 10 Feb 2012, 6:14 am

Lee.
Not sure what your saying here in relation to the excusive rights on tenure of permit holders.
Quite frequently an objection to the granting of a EPM or ML is made by interested parties such as the property owner lessee.
This is then initially heard in the Wardens Court and if not resolved to to a higher court.
The Court ultimately decides recommending/rejecting the application which then goes for Ministerial approval.
All time, money and red tape.
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Fri 10 Feb 2012, 6:24 am

boobook wrote:Lee.
Not sure what your saying here in relation to the excusive rights on tenure of permit holders.
Quite frequently an objection to the granting of a EPM or ML is made by interested parties such as the property owner lessee.
This is then initially heard in the Wardens Court and if not resolved to to a higher court.
The Court ultimately decides recommending/rejecting the application which then goes for Ministerial approval.
All time, money and red tape.
mike

Hi Mike
Okay now you have confussed me, not sure what you are reffering to.

All I am trying to point out from my understanding of what is written, is that the holder of an EPM has control over the mineral exploration on that land but does not control the activities of the fossicker outside of the 50m buffer zone which is in place for OH&S reason's, the only time a company or individual can exclude a fossicker WHO HAS landholder permission is when there is lease granted.

I intend to get written confirmation of this from the local mining registrar & post it here so there is no more confussion.
This is the great thing about these forums, open and honest discussion so everybody is better informed .
cheers all
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Fri 10 Feb 2012, 11:17 am

Lee.
I think I know where you are coming from, and it is certainly not my intention to try and confuse the issue.

You refer to "fossicking" also "prospecting", two completely different situations.
A fossickers licence you purchase for around $30, gives you access to all public fossicking areas in Qld. plus any other land without any tenure applicable. (permissions of landholder required)
A prospecting licence will cost you around $600 which will provide access to areas you have to nominate but excludes land under mining tenure.

Your interpretation of the Act is that you are entitled to access of EPM's subject to limitation.
However, part5,sect129/16 states:
"During the term of an EP, the rights of the holder of the permit relate, and are taken to have always related, to the whole of the land to which the permit applies"

Why would anyone pay the considerable amount of licence fee for an EPM covering what could be a vast area of land to not have exclusive exploration over it.

Perhaps I should suggest you put things to a practical test by advising the holder of a current EPM that you intend detecting/prospecting/fossicking over it.
I understand in WA this activity is covered by a section 20a permit?
mike

boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Sun 12 Feb 2012, 2:59 pm

This thread turned into a court room discsussion, Not that i am complaining.
The thread was aimed at where to look ( theoretically) if there were no EPM's on it..
Good to see all the discussion, and clearing up matter for everyone involved...
Basically in QLD we are screwed, LMAO.. Or anywhere theres an EPM...
Either way had a great weekend out on Private land, found a bit in a pan , and one with the tector, and brilliant company...
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Feb 2012, 3:26 pm

Man am i glad of our simple rules here in WA, get ya Miners Right do a 20a or ask permission and
go for it, that easy.

The eastern states have been ham strung when it comes to mineral wealth for far to long now
and its a bloody shame really, maybe if yous had stuff all tourism they might pull there friggin
heads in a bit and realize the good dollars are in minerals not Japs, although the Japs do
have a WHALE of a time here Razz Razz Razz

Doesn't QLD have a miners and prospectors watch dog like the PMAV & APLA ??
if they do then they're lettin you blokes down good n proper...

Maka
Good to hear you had a great time out bro, keep it up, hows the 5000 treatin ya now mate Very Happy

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Sun 12 Feb 2012, 4:19 pm

Loving the 5k Pete. best thing since sliced bread.. 2 trips 3 pieces... I know it doesnt sound that great, but for where i am limited to go in QLD, i am happy , and thats all that counts...
But feeling comfortable with it, and not coming home empty handed, makes it worth it...
Its easier to use than the extreme, easier to tame down, and walks over the stuff that i struggled on before..
Still have to kick off the top layer every now and then because of mineralisation, to get a positive signal, but thats why the little bits are still there.. the minerals hid them for a long time and i am sure wearing out a pair of boots kicking mineralised soil aint gonna kill me...
What i do like is the 3 pieces i have pulled , have come out of ground thats been raked and still missed... :)
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Where would you start - Page 2 Empty hey m8

Post by madmav Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:07 pm

just remember it is all a learning curve as to the machine and what we can get away with, persistance is the name of the game and we will get there eventually,, glad you had an awesome weekend, hoping to get out soon with ya m8,, take care

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmav
madmav

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Sun 12 Feb 2012, 5:50 pm

Hi Maka
Im sorry about the highjacking of your thread, As far as where to start, the inside bends of the gully maybe take a hand auger and do 3 to 6 holes down to 300mm at right angles to the flow, pan the gravel & see what you get, don't forget the bigger nuggets should be further up stream as long as the flow isn't to strong.
cheers
good luck
PS, I have more info on the laws coming this will suprise many it seem's
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Mon 13 Feb 2012, 5:39 am

Makaw.
The last thing I want to do is hijak your post into a court hearing with no end.
As a partner in a pissant opal mining venture in W.Qld. I can only relate to our own experiences.
We currently have 2ML's, 3EPM's and 1EPM application.
If only you knew the bloody red taped hoops we have to go through to obtain these tenures you would make sure you had full and exclusive entitlement to the ground.
So quite confident that that anyone on the tenements, whether EPM, ML or claim without written permission would discover the law would be on the side of the permit holder.

Pete: yes a section 20a certificate would be a benefit over here to legally permit prospecting on say a granted EPM. I say this in the context we would give written permission with conditions.
The problem with opal (open cut pits), is like gold, tenured ground can be opened up, gone over and some missed on the first pass. A person not authorised to be there could quite easily pick up colour worth several k$. Which is stealing, just as it would be with gold in WA.
The problem with gold over here in the East is not really the lack of it, but the fact that so much is located and tied up in bloody NP's. In NSW the bloody NPWS has "stolen" so much old forestry and Crown land, locked gates and created the massive bush fire hazards we now have.
I have so many short lengths of chain, courtesy of their locked gate policy in country which everyone should be entitled access to.
The potential for detecting in Northern NSW is enormous, but unobtainable with these bloody Green influenced pollies.
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:24 am

Mike

Yeah its a crying shame aint it Mad

Wouldn't it be nice to see a head to head comparison between the green sector and the miners to see
who really does put more money into the countries coffers, i think it would be a miners grand slam to
be honest, but Mining doesnt earn the Govman brownie points on the "lets hug a tree" World
sook scene.
If every miner world wide did a stop work for one bloody day i reckon the world economy would be
so effected that the "trees for votes" pollies would have to listen to the miners and pull their bloody
green henchmen off us.
Shit, just the fact that the ladies jewellery prices would sky rocket after a stop work would swing the
voters to demand respect for the mining sector.

Very Happy dont think the MANGO BAT wears gold or Opal Rolling Eyes only seen her with a Pearl Necklace Razz Razz Razz

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Mon 13 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

Yeah i can understand the hassle to get great ground and then get ya EPM etc up and running in this day and age.
I just hate being told i cant walk on ground an overseas company owns and ties up just for the sake of share holders and making their portfolio look better.
Knowing that they will never put a shovel in thousands of kilometers they are entitled to by law.
I have all the respect in the world for Aussie ventures and the small guys having a crack at it, but not mass corporations who should be made to either dig or hand back their EPM's..
Seriously to tie up land for a decade and never set foot on it is beyond a joke...
I would never set foot on a working claim without permission or invite, nor on an EPM thats someone actually has intention of working ...
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Mon 13 Feb 2012, 4:46 pm

Hi Maka
I can vertually guarentee you & everyone else that the holder of an EPM cannot prevent you from gaining access to the land the only permission you need is land owners.
I will have undeniable prove of this statement as soon as the Mining Registrar sends me the requested email, I spoke to her by phone last week.
I can't be any clearer than that until the email show's up.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Tue 14 Feb 2012, 4:57 am

G'day Lee.
Dyou reckon it may be worth starting a fresh thread on this particular subject, I am very interested in your findings.
It will also allow continuation of Makaw's original question for which I am sure there would be some very interesting geological reasons as to which way alluvial gold may gravitate or otherwise travel from its source.
mike

boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2