Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where would you start

+2
boobook
Makaw
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where would you start Empty Where would you start

Post by Makaw Wed 08 Feb 2012, 3:20 pm

Its a 700k trip for me to have a swing, Here is my proposed area.
I have circled where i think i should start looking for a new patch.
But my question is. Where would you start?
Any tips appreciated...
Its all nice country, with salt and pepper everywhere u look. Wash on hills is about 20 cm , in the gullies up to 10 feet but mainly around 2 feet.
The circled bits are where i think i should go. What do you think?
I am looking at getting away from the mines and finding a virgin patch..
Where would you start Goldgr10

Back to top Go down

Where would you start Empty Re: Where would you start

Post by Guest Wed 08 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

Maka i'd be havin a look at the Geomap of that area 1st and sussin out the sheer zones and fault lines,
then i'd also be lookin for company drilling records if any are online at the qld mines dept.

The areas you circled could have elevated benches of tertiary wash on them as long as there was some
gold or old digins in the big gully below them.

When lookin at new areas sometimes it pays to first find some old alluvial workings and just look
at the type of ground/rocks etc that the gold is associated with on any field, that way when you
go walkies and see the same ground you know you might be in with a chance mate.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Wed 08 Feb 2012, 4:08 pm

The old workings are varying depth from 2 feet to 10 feet, Over old wash. Bottoming on pipe clay. with verticle shale, and quartz fragments as far as the eye can see.
Even uprooted trees on the hills have weather worn rocks in the root balls on close inspection.
Will have a look for drilling records if i can find em. Just been doing trove on that area for a few days, and it looks ok.
Did pull 2 subgrammers from the old diggings last week, but every man and his minelab has been around the diggings quite a while ago, as you can see old rakings everywhere. so i am just looking for the scraps the left...
I dont really want to do that, i want to have a do or die attitude, either look for better stuff or come home empty handed and still have fun doing the hard yards.

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Wed 08 Feb 2012, 4:58 pm

Just looking at your locality map.
If it were me, I would be very wary I was not on an active EP without permission.
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Detrackozi Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:06 pm

good spot oop's

looks like you got it covered, in Black but at one time think it would of been moving along the red area.
Just my thought Laughing

Some good reef lines running across in a few locations

Where would you start BlackRed

Detrackozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:27 pm

Cheers for the responses.
Only time will tell i guess. gotta do the ground work..
Every square inch of QLD is covered in EP's or state forest or private land with EP's, you just cant win...
Just got an invite to some old chinese diggings on private property this weekend, so this plan will go on the backburner for a fortnight..
Gotta check em out, and take some pics of the old sluices, puddlers etc, while i get the chance...

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Wed 08 Feb 2012, 5:29 pm

Detrackozi i dont even want to know how you know where the spot is, lol.. Are you a Queenslander? or just good on PC's?

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Thu 09 Feb 2012, 5:21 am

Hi Makaw.
It was even easy enough for me to pick where you are talking about. (not a Qlder)
The area is granted EPM18194, I would not like you to be sprung by the titleholders without permission.

As detrackozzie points out, all the ancient weathering of that area tends WSW and if you notice the general line of strike is NNW for all the group of mines on the Eastern side of your map.
The underlying sediments provide a perfect gold trap.
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:24 am

Hi All
In QLD there is no problem accessing EPM's as long as you have property owners permission as far as I know, property owners can prevent expolration companies gaining access to area's with reason.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:59 am

Lee.
Here is an extract regarding Qld. Tenements (minerals) and I quote:
"The holder of an Exploration Permit for Minerals (EPM) under the Qld. Mineral Resourses Act 1989 obtains a right of entry on to the specified land for the purposes of undertaking exploration activities for specified minerals, subject to certain obligations regarding notice of entry on to land and payments of compensation for damage.
An EPM grants to the holder of the permit an excusive right to explore for minerals specified in the grant, within the area of the licence. The holder of an EPM also has a priority right to the grant of a MDL or Mining Lease over the subject land." end quote.

As a partner in holding EPM's and ML's in Western Qld., I can assure you that anyone caught on any of those tenements without permission is dealt with by law.
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Thu 09 Feb 2012, 1:26 pm

Hi Mike
The extract below is directly from the mines dept site as you can see in makes no mention of EPM's, I have personnally questioned staff at the office who gave me the above advise, If you could provide a link to your info or a copy and paste of a document to clarrify the info in question that would be appreciated by many I am sure,

What does a fossickers licence entitle?
A fossickers licence entitles entry and fossicking on any non-exempt land throughout the state, with the written permission of any land owner or mining tenure holder. These may include lessees of State land, trustees of reserves and holders of mining leases, mining claims and any extraction permits under the Forestry Act 1959 or Water Act 2000. If more than one owner or holder is involved, all must give permission.

Such permission must be endorsed on or attached to the licence. Permission may be conditional on any matter, including the payment of a fee, at the discretion of the land owner. Land owners may withdraw permission at any time provided adequate notice is given to remove equipment. No permission is required on unoccupied land provided that a determination that native title exists has not been made. On road reserves, no permission is required, but fossickers may only collect and not dig.

Club, educational organisation, and commercial tour operator fossickers licences authorise fossicking for a maximum of 50 people at any one time and place. Commercial tour operators' fossickers licences do not authorise fossicking for fossil specimens. They also do not remove the need for any permits necessary under other legislation.

Royalties are payable on fossicking materials which are the property of the Crown (minerals under the Mineral Resources Act 1989, quarry materials on State lands and streams under the Forestry Act 1959 and Water Act 2000), but threshold exemptions of $100 000 under the Minerals Resources Regulation 2003 mean that generally most fossickers are not liable.

rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Feb 2012, 2:19 pm

This is a good thread as it helps us understand what is and isn't permissible as regards entering EPM's.

Keep up the good work fellas.

Isn't it a shame we live in six different countries all under the banner of Australia.

Robert

PS Makaw, Detrackozi (David) is a proud Victorian Razz Razz Razz I reckon he's got his own spy satellite affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Thu 09 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

Why has everything got to be so technical... Cant a bloke just go into the scrub a hundred k from anyone and have a swing without, getting permits, licenses, written permission, a form to blow ya nose and have a crap.... ect...

The problem i have is the American company that owns the EPs on half of QLD doesnt return calls, nor email in regards to going onto their land.
Which is also state forest, so its easier for me to try to get onto private land, and have a swing.. But even private land has an EPM, so if the landholder says it ok, the mining company can still call the authorites for me having a pan or swing?

Need nightvision goggles to detect these days..
The company in question also has an EPM on a block i was looking at buying and couldnt give me an answer that if i was to pan on my own land. Would their legal team jump on me?
3 weeks later no phone call from the CEO nor a reply via email.
Hard to buy a block when the vendor owns it and so does a mining company... Unless the sale goes thru and they sell you the EPM ( bad for their investors) or they lift the EPM,,, never gonna happen...
I wish i was born 150 years ago, without all the red tape, , just a pack horse and a pan. with no boundaries or fences to worry about...

Back to top Go down

Post by Detrackozi Thu 09 Feb 2012, 4:24 pm

Currant Mining Claims (Mc) 2012

Made up as kml file load into Google and just click on the Icon for details.

Click on skip Add top right of page

David

Last edited by Detrackozi on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Detrackozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Detrackozi Thu 09 Feb 2012, 4:54 pm

Currant Mining Lease 2012 (Ml)

David

Last edited by Detrackozi on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Detrackozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Detrackozi Thu 09 Feb 2012, 5:32 pm

EPM Currant 2012

Last edited by Detrackozi on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Detrackozi

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Thu 09 Feb 2012, 5:39 pm

Lee.
You have answered the question yourself within your post:
"with the written permission of the land owner or tenure holder"
In Qld. (and I think WA would be similar) the land owner or lessee has no tenure or control over mining tenure. They become separate entities on that land area.

Now, if you approached me as an ML holder asking permission to "noodle" on the mullock dumps I would give the permission in writing with the proviso that you or any of your party do not go within 50metres of any open pit or mining structure.

You would be asked to sign this acceptance which gives me a "degree" of protection in the event an accident occurred in which you or one (or more) of your party were injured and litigates for compensation.

And this is the nub of the whole business.
For instance you may be fossicking/detecting on an area which is a current EPM and has been explored by deep costeans. You fall into one, are injured and your legal advisor commences litigation on your behalf.

So if you are caught on my EPM or ML without my permission I take action simply to protect myself. I would also point out that the establishment of any mining tenure is not a cheap exersize done for the benefit of all and sundry.

If there are no exploration/mining tenures on land you want to prospect, permission from the the landowner/lessee is all that is required.
It is not bloody mindedness, just the way our society wants things these days.
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Thu 09 Feb 2012, 5:47 pm

Makaw.
Could pay to have a look at the expiry EPM18194.
They are seldom renewed.
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 09 Feb 2012, 6:18 pm

Bugger me, reading thru this post, you guys are screwed. Hope to hell it never takes hold here in WA. They do make it hard enuff now but nowhere as tuff as QLD.

Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Thu 09 Feb 2012, 6:54 pm

boobook wrote:Makaw.
Could pay to have a look at the expiry EPM18194.
They are seldom renewed.
mike

EPM 18194 Australia Mingoola Gold Pty Ltd 100% 28.03.14 3 years
Only 2 years to go .... I am confused?
Also found this....
http://mines.industry.qld.gov.au/assets/native-title-pdf/EPM-18968.pdf
Looks like its getting tied up for 5 years.....

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Thu 09 Feb 2012, 8:25 pm

boobook wrote:Lee.
You have answered the question yourself within your post:
"with the written permission of the land owner or tenure holder"
In Qld. (and I think WA would be similar) the land owner or lessee has no tenure or control over mining tenure. They become separate entities on that land area.

Now, if you approached me as an ML holder asking permission to "noodle" on the mullock dumps I would give the permission in writing with the proviso that you or any of your party do not go within 50metres of any open pit or mining structure.

You would be asked to sign this acceptance which gives me a "degree" of protection in the event an accident occurred in which you or one (or more) of your party were injured and litigates for compensation.

And this is the nub of the whole business.
For instance you may be fossicking/detecting on an area which is a current EPM and has been explored by deep costeans. You fall into one, are injured and your legal advisor commences litigation on your behalf.

So if you are caught on my EPM or ML without my permission I take action simply to protect myself. I would also point out that the establishment of any mining tenure is not a cheap exersize done for the benefit of all and sundry.

If there are no exploration/mining tenures on land you want to prospect, permission from the the landowner/lessee is all that is required.
It is not bloody mindedness, just the way our society wants things these days.
mike

Hi Mike & All
Not trying to be a pain in the butt, just trying to get a better understanding for all,

fossickers licence entitles entry and fossicking on any non-exempt land throughout the state, with the written permission of any land owner or mining tenure holder. These may include lessees of State land, trustees of reserves and holders of mining leases, mining claims and any extraction permits under the Forestry Act 1959 or Water Act 2000. If more than one owner or holder is involved, all must give permission
An EPM under my understanding is not a mining TENURE please correct me if I am wrong.

Mike as I said above can you provde a link or direct extract from the Legislation that you are getting your info from as I am sure there are many people with an interest on this.
thanks
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Fri 10 Feb 2012, 5:11 am

G'day Lee.
No, you are certainly not a PITA!
My take on this forum is for help and staying on the right side of the law. (not saying the "law" is always a good one though)

The link you are looking for:
www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/M/MineralReA89.pdf

Look in Pt.3 Prospecting Permits
Sect.19(5)
Also Exploration Permits.
There is a heap of reading for you!

ps. Also hope the link works
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Fri 10 Feb 2012, 5:22 am

Hi Mike
Thanks for putting up those links for all to read.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Fri 10 Feb 2012, 5:26 am

G'day Makaw.
Well that sort of says it all, eh.

This bloody NTA.
We (and other applicants) have been waiting over 5yrs. for a particular EPM application to be resolved because 3 different native title claimants are arguing over who should get the royalties/compensation out of the ILUA.

We are not giving up because even though I have "retired" from mining one never says "never"!

By the way, the reason I said EPM's are seldom renewed is because the granting of one allows some a sneaky way of mining a fairly large area under the guise of exploration.
mike

boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Fri 10 Feb 2012, 5:48 am

Hi All
I have done some reading from the link supplied the following extracts are from that link.

"Land excluded from prospecting permit
(1) Land is excluded from a prospecting permit if it is covered
by—
(a) a mining claim, mineral development licence or mining
lease; or
(b) an application for a mining claim, mineral development
licence or mining lease that has not been finally decided"

As you can see above there is no mention of EPM'S

"Further, a prospecting permit holder may enter land within
50m laterally of a place where activities are being carried on
under an exploration permit only with the written consent of
the exploration permit holder"

As you can see in this extract there is only a requirement to get consent when going inside the 50m buffer zone of any work being done.

"For the purposes of subsection (1)(a)(ii), the holder of an
exploration permit has the consent of an owner of land if that
consent in writing has been previously lodged with the chief
executive and has not been withdrawn as provided for in
subsection (6)."

This section outline that a holder of an EPM need's written concent from the land holder.

Obligation to consult with particular owners and
occupiers
(1) An exploration permit holder must consult or use reasonable
endeavours to consult with each owner and occupier of private
or public land on which authorised activities for the permit are
proposed to be carried out or are being carried out.
(2) The consultation must be about—
(a) access; and
(b) the carrying out of authorised activities for the
exploration permit (including, for example, crossing
access land for the permit) to the extent they relate to the
owners and occupiers; and
(c) the exploration permit holder’s compensation liability to
the owners or occupiers.

cheers
Lee

Last edited by rc62burke on Fri 10 Feb 2012, 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add more extracts & comment.)
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum