Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX 6000 Problems

4 posters

Go down

GPX 6000 Problems Empty GPX 6000 Problems

Post by Pebbles Thu 06 Oct 2022, 10:17 am

Have any/many of the 6000 users here had problems with their machines?

From my reading of other forums, notably a US forum, it is clear that the 6000 has a number of issues. The main problems are cracking around the coil stem connection and excessive EMI interference from the external speaker. Minelab have admitted that EMI is a problem (https://www.minelab.com/anzea/support/product-notices?article=482551)

Another problem is that the stem locks don’t do up tight enough allowing the coil to twist

After returning from a recent trip, I inspected my coil and found a fine crack in one of the lugs. It is not a big deal ATM, but I will return it in case it worsens.
I use the BT headphones, so I am not aware if there is a speaker issue, but at the same time I will ask that the speaker modification be done.
I can live with the coil having a bit of a twist now and then.

This is my second season using the 6000 and quite frankly, the more I use it, the more I like it!
On the last couple of trips, I ran the machine with maximum sensitivity in Auto+. While it chatted and carried on a bit, I never ceased to be impressed at the depth of some of the tiny nuggets that were dug. The trick I found was to try and sort out those faint repeatable whispers from the background threshold. You will dig a few false signals, but you will also dig some gold!

Those in the know on other forums seem to think that Minelab will bring out a software update that will, among other things, result in a smoother threshold. I hope it doesn’t also dumb down the sensitivity of this great little detector!

Col

Pebbles

rustyhooks likes this post

Back to top Go down

GPX 6000 Problems Empty Re: GPX 6000 Problems

Post by hippyty Tue 18 Oct 2022, 10:12 pm

Damn shame, after 168 views no reply’s . I’ve been wanting to buy a 6000 for a while, but been waiting for the negative to come out. Hope you get the answer you need.
Cheers
Ty the ghost of dwag
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by vk6ti Thu 20 Oct 2022, 8:34 am

Here’s to my first post on forum.
Our 6000 went pretty good for a year ( a bit chatty but I can live with that considering what it picks up)
One fine day out it went into overload screaming it’s head off and any amount of adjusting and resetting was no help.
We sent it to Minelab for warranty and got the machine back with a new coil.
I will have to say that Minelab were good so far, I haven’t used the 6000 yet as I have been overseas but going next week to
Try it out Bush, hopefully it will be ok.

Wife likes the 6000, so I’m happy with that.

Ray

vk6ti

Back to top Go down

GPX 6000 Problems Empty 6000 problems

Post by scooter Sat 22 Oct 2022, 9:12 am

Hi Pebbles, Yes the 6000 seems to have some issues that Minelab are sorting out one by one as they surface, I got one towards the end of last season and I must admit I love the thing. Hardly pick up the 7 lately It went fine for about 4 weeks then developed a problem where it would not balance the ground noise.When I got home returned to minelab for fix. No parts so had to wait for new replacement but they did give me a loaner to use on my second trip, this ran ok second problem was headphones (bluetooth would not charge) had to use cable to headphones, Minelab have replaced these as well, my original coils seem to be ok at the moment they are the only things that havent been replaced. But I must admit the 6000 is dynamite on smallish gold and has more than paid for itself. So all in all problems sorted, great little detector.  Scooter.

scooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down