Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goldfields closed when the border opens ?

+2
Bignuggs
Viper
6 posters

Go down

Goldfields closed when the border opens ? Empty Goldfields closed when the border opens ?

Post by Viper Tue 28 Dec 2021, 5:41 pm

We see the absolute chaos now SA and QLD have opened their borders..

The regional health systems cannot cope, the system is breaking down and its just the start...

What hope have our regional hospitals and nursing posts have once its open slather.... they are under pressure now....

If McGowan opens us up their will definitely be restrictions again to the regions....

I myself am dead against opening the WA border.....

Just my 2 bobs worth
Viper
Viper

Pebbles and Charlie 59 like this post

Back to top Go down

Goldfields closed when the border opens ? Empty Re: Goldfields closed when the border opens ?

Post by Bignuggs Fri 31 Dec 2021, 5:30 pm

We are living in interesting times. I'm a great believer in free speech and everyone has their opinion.
But Western Australia will not be immune and the sooner our governments understand it the better.
I used to be against opening the border but, the new variant of the virus is nothing more than catching a cold and there is no way to stop it. Everyone will get it.
It's time for Emperor McGowan to tell the truth.
Not just my opinion but the experts from South Africa and the UK have already published the evidence.
Don't take my words here, do some research.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Goldfields closed when the border opens ? Empty Re: Goldfields closed when the border opens ?

Post by Pebbles Sat 01 Jan 2022, 11:27 am

Quote: “I myself am dead against opening the WA border”

Viper, I am 100 percent with you on that. Unfortunately, it is a stark fact that WA cannot remain isolated for ever and must, sooner or later, open its national and international borders. Let’s hope that it does not result in restrictions on travel between our regions.

Bignuggs, I cannot understand your obvious dissatisfaction with Premier McGowan. From the very start of the pandemic he has been upfront and prepared to make some hard (and unpopular) decisions. Consequently, most people here have enjoyed a safe and covid free lifestyle.

He is certainly no dill either and is well and truly aware of the flood of infections that open borders will cause. But, being the last state to open its borders, he has given WA the opportunity learn from the other states.

Yes, the Omicron variant appears to be more contagious than previous variants and many more people are likely to be infected. However, to say that it is “nothing more than catching a cold” is an understatement. Certainly, for the already vaccinated, the healthy and the young, the symptoms appear to be less severe. However, for those people not in these categories, the prognosis is less certain at this point in time.

I hold hope for the future in knowing that there are some very clever people out there beavering away looking for the means to defeat, or at least, ameliorate the
symptoms of the covid virus.

Anyway, have a good New Year and stay safe.

Col

Pebbles

Charlie 59 and rustyhooks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Mon 03 Jan 2022, 5:55 pm

From the early 1900s WA has tried to seperate from the rest of the colony, we are a resource state. The way the east is handling COVID by opening their border is a burden on us West aussies, they recorded 157000 test in one day in NSW costing millions, some stood in line for up to 8hrs also costing the Economy millions in lost workforce, the 20 odd thousand that tested positive per day have to isolate, plus anyone they have had contact with, they hospitals are overrun, costing the economy further, people are dying from omicron, so I’d say it’s a little more dangerous than the common cold.
Try and do some calculations of the cost to the economy on just the testing, and you understand why they’re trying to push rapid testing, I don’t know what the gov is paying but if you want to travel overseas and come back it start at $150 per test.
As for South Africa I’ve had a friends mum recently pass from omicron, I was told that because of lack of hospital beds ambulance driver would drop medicine and a air tank, they had to get their family doctor to sign saying she died of natural cause so she could get a proper burial.
Those with Covid get buried together.
Attached an article from NSW.
Happy New Year
Ty
https://au.news.yahoo.com/woolworths-shelves-bare-as-staff-forced-to-isolate-015729105.html
hippyty
hippyty

Charlie 59 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Mon 03 Jan 2022, 7:03 pm

Further to my earlier post, I’ve been in business now for over half my life and would never vote for labor and probably wouldn’t in a federal election, but Mc Gowans name will go down in history. The liberal premiers and the Prime Minister will also go down in history for putting their seats over health, it will interesting to see where the next election swing?
hippyty
hippyty

Charlie 59 and rustyhooks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rustyhooks Tue 04 Jan 2022, 6:51 am

I agree with You Hippytv always been a nationals voter as i have lived most of my adult life in the bush, but i think Mc Gowan has done a stirling job, and i might add he should head to Federal politics if given the chance, our current leader seems to be to me all about self preservation and bull*, since becoming a aged pensioner i have lost all Faith in the coalition and looking at the news now am sick of hearing about f*%$#@@ g covid.
On another note it was really pleasing for the dragon lady and myself and our crew this year along with the barefoot prospector to hit all of our usual places in the Pilbara and Goldfields and see no East Coast Poachers and the like, maybe succession is not so much a dirty word anymore seeing as we more than likely support them with our royaltys etc, anyways thats my hungover bitch for today, Happy new year to you all and safe and fruitfull prospecting.

rustyhooks

Charlie 59 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopperite Tue 04 Jan 2022, 11:38 am

You only have to look at the state of our hospitals and the ambulance ramping to see why McGowan is frightened to open our borders.

Labor came in with promises to fix the situation and under McGowan's watch the situation has only became worse. Just an ar*e covering situation.

In saying that, we have obviously benefited from the situation. McGowan is a con man.

From the time McGowan was going to ban the passenger ships I knew he was a straight out liar. This was from a man who was a Naval lawyer and must have known he couldn't do that, or he is straight out incompetent.

A non fan.

Regards
Hopperite

Hopperite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 04 Jan 2022, 4:29 pm

I think the virus is a serious subject to talk about but I refuse to accept lies.
Now for 2 years I have been following the real science, not the BS that is being fed to us.
Check out what this man has to say.  He posts a video everyday with the latest medical science from around this planet including Australia and Boobtube can't ban him.  There is a difference between lies and truth.  Check out some of his vid clips since Omicron hit.
We are all going to get it eventually and nothing will stop it.
McGowan and his so called Chief Medical Officer are lying to us.  Even the Yanks have finally admitted that masks don't work.
Make up your own mind but do some research.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Hopperite likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Tue 04 Jan 2022, 7:26 pm

Around 16years ago I had pneumonia, spend 1 night in emergency before being discharged because of lack of beds available, then had silver chain come twice a day for a week to administer my intravenous antibiotics and two others in pill form.
The health system hasn’t been that crash hot for a while now.

It always worth checking researchers credentials before taking their option onboard.
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Thu 13 Jan 2022, 1:36 pm

See the panic buying in Perth.....

Even Blind Freddie can see whats going to happen when the borders open.....

An apt name for Mark McGowan if he is silly enough to do so...

Me... under the circumstances would wait for the kids, (our future), and the booster shot, at least for the elderly...

F&^%..... thats me.....!
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Thu 13 Jan 2022, 11:13 pm

I’ve been working 7 days a week since the border announcement, supplying supermarkets, consist delays with transport company’s due to antivax truck drivers leaving the job, one truckie gets Covid or deemed a risk the whole shift gets shut down, shut downs in production in the eastern states leaving us with no stock for weeks on end,if I could sell my business tomorrow I would and find the smallest populated town to live in, this is going to hit hard of the bat.
It’s all easy for the average joe blow to question border restriction, but when you live and watch it happening to your business, you understand.
If you shop at the big supermarkets a majority of their stock comes from the east including meat, support your local where the meat come local
Cheers
Ty

hippyty
hippyty

rustyhooks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 16 Jan 2022, 10:03 pm

Some interesting info.

Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Mon 17 Jan 2022, 9:16 am

This is an interesting watch also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0AoRkmj9YM&feature=share
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Fri 21 Jan 2022, 7:32 pm

Thankyou Hippyty the place would definitely stop if people didn't have the work ethic you have....

WA is locked up again for all the reasons the premier said.....

He is copping some stick no doubt about it...

But giving WA the time it takes to be ready for the inevitability of Covid makes a great deal of sense...

I am sure he has given us the extra breathing space we needed....

I have to say unlike Scomo he listens to fact not self indulgence.....

In my opinion we are blessed with a premier that looks after the people first.... good on him
Viper
Viper

rustyhooks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down