Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mt Remarkable ground???

5 posters

Go down

Mt Remarkable ground??? Empty Mt Remarkable ground???

Post by Guest Sat 03 Feb 2018, 5:50 am

HI All,
I have been studying the Geo maps of this area and would anyone care to comment on the depth of ground the gold is in please.
Also the contact of the two host rock that carry the yellow , in this area and in general terms only don't want anyone giving too much away.
Thanks
Greg

Back to top Go down

Mt Remarkable ground??? Empty Re: Mt Remarkable ground???

Post by pilko Sun 04 Feb 2018, 7:27 pm

roughly 35km of crust in this area that could contain Au enrichment.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by peterau Tue 06 Feb 2018, 7:03 am

Gonna need a bigger coil

peterau

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Tue 06 Feb 2018, 6:50 pm

What out for the pastoral lease holder had trouble with him in the past for harassment.
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Feb 2018, 3:00 pm

Thanks fellows ,
i will take on board all the good advice
Cheers
Greg

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Fri 09 Feb 2018, 12:11 pm

I was out there way back in early 90s, VLF machines back then. There was a "one hundred ounce" patch found around the Mud Hut Well location but it took 'em a whole year's detecting to get that.

The ground is situated on a "cliff" that overlooks a salt pan. There are some prominent quartz blows all over and at the foot of the cliff. One track goes down the lake flats and there are old dryblows at the base of the cliff just off the track. We found small quartz species about 300 mtrs towards the flats.

We also found a good patch on the brown, laterite gravel at the "summit" of Mt Remarkable. Not far off the main track from Yerrilla. But don't let the name fool ya! The "mountain" pinnacle is about 3 mtrs higher than the ground around it! More of a slope or perhaps a pimple than a mountain!!

More gold found by walking west from Mt Remarkable that patch, about one km, to the next track to the well. Small stuff only.

There was an alluvial operation for sale in the area a cuppla years ago. Dunno what happened to it.

HTH

W

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Feb 2018, 2:41 pm

Thanks Wedgetail,
The old ground has seen many a prospector walk over it i guess.
The chances of finding any good size nuggets would have slipped away years ago by the sound of it.
Still every where is not done to death yet!!!!.We march on to live and breath this prospecting hobby and
have fun too , you have given me some info which i will use thanks again.
Greg

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko Sat 10 Feb 2018, 3:15 pm

Mud hut and Prospectors Pool have been good areas for small gold. Been well and truly hammered for many years but of course there will be stuff left. Last time I spoke to the fellas dryblowing out there they had a lot of equipment issues...that aside they haven't got the tonnage to make it economic. It's a nice area in the dry...good luck.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:31 am

Thanks Pilko,
couple of mining companies working there .
One found good gold in the south of the mine,so we are told on the mining notes.Photos look good anyway.
Like they say no gets all the gold.

Thanks for the help every one
Cheers.
Greg

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotrock Sat 03 Mar 2018, 5:16 pm

Hey Topcat

You wouldn't be referring to Tommy Lowe surely??

He is long gone now and unfortunately when I look at the abandoned homestead now I have a tear in my eye, it use to be paradise!

I knew him from a boy and was a top notch fellow.

Unsure of the stations status now as his family was nearly to see the 99 year lease out!

Hotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Mar 2018, 5:34 pm

Everyone I talk to has found gold around the area, but it was mostly small gold.
There are some things that follow with gold,and that is small gold is almost never alone.
There is always a stray larger one poking around near the small stuff.We all live for the thrill of the chase with gold ,it is what keeps us going to the next horizon.
Cheers
Greg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down