Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GEO MAPPING

5 posters

Go down

GEO MAPPING Empty GEO MAPPING

Post by peter_s Thu 18 Feb 2016, 6:45 pm

can anyone tell me if theFree Geo Maps listed at top of page can be downloaded into geo maps?? and if so how??

peter_s

Back to top Go down

GEO MAPPING Empty Re: GEO MAPPING

Post by peter_s Sun 21 Feb 2016, 1:45 pm

ANYBODY ????

peter_s

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Sun 21 Feb 2016, 2:21 pm

Hi,

I'll try, download your map from the free geo maps and save into pictures on your computer in a separate file so that when you want to download more you will know where to put them

now if you have a camera and download all your pictures onto your computer you will have abilities to trim pictures down to size ie; take all the borders off and just leave the actual geo map and take notice of the corner lats and longs, this helps to relocate over google earth( to download onto google earth ...google it)

When you have resized your geo map you will need to save this into your file in pictures so that you have the original and the resized one side by side

When you have read the google earth blog on how to overlay your map it is just a question of placing it in the right place and being of the right size should fit into the right cooords

I know of one smart ar*e who downloaded every geo map of wa in one go but that's not me

Anyways hope this helps you along

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by peter_s Sun 21 Feb 2016, 2:52 pm

thanks Ron i'll give it a try

regards

peter_s

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 21 Feb 2016, 2:55 pm

Hi peter, i have downloaded some maps and tried to load then into gomaps on my comp. i had limited success as when the maps opened they were a different scale and wasnt any good for referencing ground, tracks etc. i am doing something wrong im sure, lol. i do as ron says above and crop them then overlay them into G/E and use a mouse gps to navigate with, works as good as you get the image correctly placed on the G/E satellite image, if you go into the properties of the image you can adjust the opacity and make the image semi transparent to align features, set it back to full once your happy with its location, start importing the image doing like Ron does by dropping pins at the geo maps corner lats and longs makes it easy to stretch the map to those corner locations b4 zooming to locate it accurately . I also use the earth link software, it will auto open G/E once your gps has a fix. hope this help
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 21 Feb 2016, 4:54 pm

Peter,
Haven't attempted any of this but this fella has presented Tengraph information, there is a number of videos that follow on from this one.

Aussie Bloke Prospector YouTube Video;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 21 Feb 2016, 6:38 pm

The man who does those vid clips is extremely helpful if you contact him.
I had trouble getting tracks from GE onto my Hema, follow his vid and it's simple.
He does have one vid clip which I've had a go at, that's loading multiple tenements from GE onto the Hema which didn't work for me. Appears he does have a work around but I just gave it a miss, it involves using Babel software to convert KMZ files to PLT, which you have to do for tracks also. Tracks work fine but the bulk tenements can be a problem.
It helps to just play around with things until ya get the hang of it all.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by peter_s Sun 21 Feb 2016, 7:47 pm

thank you all for the input I shall give it a good shot

peter_s

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down