Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gpz trial

+12
Gold Diver
goldstrijk
madmav
norwest gold
pilbara snapper
Flying kiwi
CrazyPete
K town swinger
martinjsto
toad
Banjo
UTBN
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gpz trial - Page 2 Empty Gpz trial

Post by UTBN Mon 23 Feb 2015, 8:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

G'day all quick report on zed. Had a crack with one for two hours or so on a recent patch I found with the 5. The gold was all pretty small in the patch and very bad noisy ground.
So was pretty surprised to see a few nuggies come up (16) for a weight of 6 grams. Nothing major but hopefully more to come.
Ran zed in high yield/difficult, auto gb, sensitivity 9, audio smoothing off.
It is a temperamental unit when you try to ramp settings up in very hot ground.
What I saw did impress me but the true test is deep ground with good targets at depth.
So I'm 50/50 atm.

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Gpz trial - Page 2 Empty Reply with quote Re: Gpz trial

Post by goldstrijk Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:14 pm

You will be staggering Mark, dizzy from goin round and round, but you never know you might fall on a nuggie haha Gpz trial - Page 2 3273188554 lwkgthgt

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Gpz trial - Page 2 Empty Re: Gpz trial

Post by CrazyPete Thu 26 Feb 2015, 2:32 pm

Gold Diver wrote:I will need to do a bit of circle-work on the bike just so I can get my detector to go an extra 40% deeper.
Might do it in the middle of camp so I to don't have to walk/ride far??
Ah yes, the bogan burnout has its uses

Hahaha ive seen one of these Bogan burnouts up at Pinny, wouldnt be one of your creations ? lol!

Pete Cool
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Gpz trial - Page 2 Empty Reply with quote Re: Gpz trial

Post by goldstrijk Thu 26 Feb 2015, 4:41 pm

Don't encourage him Pete FFS!
Very dusty at that calcrete scrape you showed me!

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 17 Apr 2015, 8:15 pm

Seems all a bit iffy at the mo. Some are saying it's the ducks guts and others aren't impressed.
There's a lot in the East who are using them. Seems it's still a big learning curve or a hit and miss affair.
Haven't seen much from the West Oz users, maybe it is working well here and it's being kept secret. I dunno.
I'd like to here from some of the West Oz detectorists. Is it doing the job, Yes or No.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Fri 17 Apr 2015, 9:33 pm

i was a doubter cliff but from a few quite whispers i think the west oz crew are just keeping to themselves and going about business.
have not heard about large gold deep but hitting small bits where the 5k ain't . but lets not tell everyone
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 20 Apr 2015, 3:45 pm

Understand what ya saying Jase, just after some feedback on how they like it or not.
I'm still a mile away from getting out and haven't made up my mind to get it or just buy a 5000.
Don't wanna know where they found gold, just how the machine performed.
cheers
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaz Mon 04 May 2015, 9:49 am

We are heading out to the goldfields soon so will let you know how it goes. We have tried it once but got nothing. I think we had it running to quietly as we are only new at this but have taken some snap shots of settings from you guys so will try them. I got some smalls with the sdc. When detecting a patch should I follow the gpz with the sdc or should they both pick up on fairly flat ground?

Shaz

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Mon 04 May 2015, 2:06 pm

g'day Shaz
when out having a go last weekend we had 2x5k's, 1x4500 1x7000 and 1 x SDC.
from what i witnessed hit it with the 7000 and if you pull some nugg's it wouldn't hurt to run the SDC over the ground again.
we were on very shallow gold, i don't think to many holes would have been deeper then a few inch's.
good luck out there, all i can say is at least your going armed with the best minelab has to offer ATM.

cheers
jase
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaz Tue 05 May 2015, 7:07 pm

Thanks gold n beer will try my best. Hopefully this beginner will have some luck. I have only found 2 tiny nuggets and they were with the sdc in shallow ground, but i I was pretty happy as it was my first time and found the first one within 5 minutes of starting out. I don't think it would register on the scales but to me it was a massive find and so exciting ha ha.

Shaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2