Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums

+12
Bignuggs
toad
Flouro
Stingray
aussie18
goldstrijk
Boulder
matelot
martinjsto
NuggieDreamer
Banjo
Nightjar
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty Forums

Post by Banjo Sat 21 Feb 2015, 6:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Forums are great for connecting with like minded people, sharing idea's, have a bit of fun but most of all making new friends, when i decided to try and learn the banjo i joined a US banjo site and since i had a redundancy coming up i thought i might head over to experience it first hand.
I decided to put a post up asking if anyone could put me up, one of the mods from Tennessee soon replied saying i would be most welcome to stay with him in Jackson, another very well known instrument designer in San Francisco also said to come on over, another guy from North Carolina offered me a place to stay as well.
So off i went on my big banjo trip and because of the forum i met so many great people, got to see the parts of the US i visited more intimately due to staying with people with local knowledge and the best part of all made life long friends.

I have too many hobbies so tend to be drawn to all the different forums, some i really enjoy like this one, others i don't like because of the way they are run or i just don't get on with some of the members because lets face it we are all different and have different values and views on life but at the end of the day some of that stuff just needs to be put aside because the forum is about detecting, banjo's, rotary mazda's, photography etc etc etc and discussing/sharing experiences/info is the reason why we are there in the first place.

Forums can be very time consuming, especially if, like me you visit a number of them, one thing i have learnt over the years though forums obviously can't operate and grow without members so it's a delicate path the Admin/Mods have to tread, they generally need to take a back seat and be impartial otherwise there is always the risk they will alienate members and they leave or some are even banned, yes others will come and fill their spots and seemingly life goes on but over the years on various forums iv'e seen some very knowledgeable members disappear into thin air along with all their experience which in my opinion weakens the forum considerably.

Now let's talk about Facebook and how time consuming and bitchy that can be Laughing

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Forums - Page 2 Empty Re: Forums

Post by Bignuggs Mon 23 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm

This has to be said. At no time have I ever wanted to be liked or thanked for getting this forum up an running for your benefit, not mine. I've always known I'm the most hated person here and I accept that.
Yes, there has been trouble along the way but the forum is still here regardless. And contrary to popular opinion, I have a lot of respect for the people who helped and I thank them deeply.
So I will only say this once, Les, who was also known as caterpiller, cat and now wedgetail has never been banned from this forum contrary to what he says, he has always left of his own accord. Sure, we don't like each other and it should never have been argued publicly.
Ok, I make another f##k up and all hell breaks loose. Thanks, but I see the forum members are still here, it gave ya's something to talk about and it's another black mark against my name. That's ok, I can handle it.
Yes, I'm totally p*ssed off with attitudes from people who don't know the full story, that's life and I'll live it. But don't condemn this forum or me because of a man who has been a pain in the ar*e since day one. I will not accept it.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Mon 23 Feb 2015, 4:30 pm

Cliff, you obviously have never heard the saying " quit while you're behind "

I think Ray might have to sit you in the naughty corner for a bit to cool your heels.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 23 Feb 2015, 4:46 pm

Banjo wrote:Cliff, you obviously have never heard the saying " quit while you're behind "

I think Ray might have to sit you in the naughty corner for a bit to cool your heels.

Wrong, It's not in my DNA or genetic make up to quit and I'm not behind.

Next please, I need to hear your comments.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Mon 23 Feb 2015, 5:20 pm

Gday Cliff
I wouldn't know you from a bar of soap, so how the smeg can I hate ya???
Cat, Wedge, whatever, obviously an opinionated man, so what, anyone with half a brain has to have a bit of grunt about them I reckon.
You guys run a good, down to earth forum and everyone seems to enjoy it. Keep it up Very Happy
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Feb 2015, 6:07 pm

I've no reason to hate you either. This forum is the best run one I am a member of. (These are not detecting forums). We all have little hissy fits, but we all need to get over them. The distance we are all apart is a good thing, and helps us refocus. I thank all the posters on this forum for their input, but I specially look forward to Rays posts.
CheersĀ 
Russo

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeboy Mon 23 Feb 2015, 6:23 pm

COME ON MEN SHOW A BIT SUPPORT FOR CLIFF AND A GOOD FORUM
& I like what wedgetail has to say also

BIKEBOY

bikeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbara snapper Mon 23 Feb 2015, 6:25 pm

Me three......keep up the good work....love this forum.....move on don't look back

Regards snapper

pilbara snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Feb 2015, 6:42 pm

I don't think this matter needs to go any further--

the situation has been corrected thus far.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Mon 23 Feb 2015, 7:07 pm

Good post Banjo
Bloody lot of skill to play it
Don't head much of it these days
Not even in Tamworth !
If you organise a session in Hedland
Id luv to see it !!

Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Mon 23 Feb 2015, 7:17 pm

Ttrash wrote:Good post Banjo
Bloody lot of skill to play it
Don't head much of it these days
Not even in Tamworth !
If you organise a session in Hedland
Id luv to see it !!

thanks Ttrash, but that's the problem right there, i don't have the skill but i try Laughing
It would be a very short concert because my repertoire is very short and besides i don't feel like getting pelted with rotten fruit Forums - Page 2 3179412840

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Feb 2015, 7:50 pm

just eggs and tomatoes

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Tue 24 Feb 2015, 7:42 am

Yeh, went to Tamworth last year and there was only one young bird playing a banjo. Lost art I reckon.
cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2