Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 detectors this year..

2 posters

Go down

2 detectors this year.. Empty 2 detectors this year..

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 6:49 am

with the eventual release of another minelab detector within the next 2 months,  one should be cautious to see what awaits in the windy hallways of the design team.

From what I have see and read the 7k is quiet heavy and so far only has 1 coil with its own style configured plug--not interchangeable--

the sender unit for the cordless headphones will be a blessing especially in overgrown creeks.

Having a 14" solid new chipped coil and rechargeable batteries it will not be lightweight.

To me from what I have read -and the comments on the PR page of its release-its a mid range detector...hopefully it will have the virtues of the 2300 with its ability to strangle out the problems of EMI.

The other night we were out the back of Ktown and the 5 boys with the 5K were struggling big time yet the 2300 was in a world of its own..

Geez I don't know why they never test their proto types here in the Pilbara--if u can overcome the effects of mother nature and the causes of Emi then the prospecting world will be your haven.

One thing to note that once again there is a round coil attached--round coils always go deeper than elliptical--the elliptical coils are as good as there width....here in the Pilbara the spinny dictates a lot of the desired features.

have fun out there..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

2 detectors this year.. Empty Re: 2 detectors this year..

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:14 am

BY ALL ACCOUNTS U MIGHT NEED ONE OF THESE...
http://www.bunnings.com.au/full-boar-1750w-heavy-duty-demolition-hammer-_p6290254

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:31 am

The 7k definatley isn't the mid range, the mid range was the SDC.

The dealer I spoke to yesterday said the gpz7000 was the new top of the range model and would cost around $10k.

The other new release scheduled for this year is the budget detector which will be cheaper then the SDC.

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 9:45 am

ok then trent--rest my case.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 10:22 pm

G'day Oneday, GPX5000 2.4kg includes 11" coil, excluding battery and accessories, Battery weight 780g, GPZ7000 2.36kg with battery ( from ML spec sheet they leaked ) As always time is going to tell !
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Sun 01 Feb 2015, 1:16 am

oneday wrote:BY ALL ACCOUNTS U MIGHT NEED ONE OF THESE...
http://www.bunnings.com.au/full-boar-1750w-heavy-duty-demolition-hammer-_p6290254

regards
oneday

I bought one of these a few months ago, bloody great jack hammer for the price.

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 6:28 am

u just gotta keep it lubricated.
--I brought the extra wide spade as well..
good shop that bunnings..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down