Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MINELABS NEW DETECTORS---

+3
Biggest Kev
Flying kiwi
Nightjar
7 posters

Go down

MINELABS NEW DETECTORS--- Empty MINELABS NEW DETECTORS---

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 2:50 pm

Ok folks its no big deal that 2015 will see at least 2 new detectors released by minelab to get everyone buzzing again.

The exact dates are yet to be leaked but keep an eye on Minelabs website to be sure.

A little baked bean,dollar consious machine to get a lot more people into the cycle of metal detecting.

Then theres the long awaited machine that will turn u green if u r not wearing a lead apron...
This machine is not for the faint hearted or those with medical problems.. lol! --nah just kidding..
but it will be like most things Minelab --GOOD.

so those who just go out say for 6 weeks a year then stick with yah 5k....

so stay tuned and when I hear something I will post on here.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

MINELABS NEW DETECTORS--- Empty Re: MINELABS NEW DETECTORS---

Post by Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 4:28 am

My advice is to sell your 5000's now or they will be only worth $2500/3000 by next season, as soon as something new arrives there will be a glut of them and they will drop in value for a short time, the price will slowly go back up on them if the new machine has teething issues.

Or if its a lemon they will be back in demand, I have a feeling that what we will see will be very different and like the garrett axt have its own coils so what you have now you wont be able to use, this fact alone will make some reluctant to upgrade.

I will just sit on the fence and wait for the bullshite and dust to clear and then listen to the feedback coming in from the peanut gallery.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 6:40 am

I don't know how u can give financial advice into punters selling their machines etc etc coz for 1 u don't know a lot of aspects if any on the new machines let alone the weight factor and the cost.

If the machine is priced at $10,000 then u would certainly be hard pressed to justify 6 weeks 42 days of use..

I for 1 would stick with the 5k regardless

One point u have missed is that everyone isn't using a 5k so a lot of upgrading may play a factor.

There is also a growing demand by punters that want to get into detecting and a lot cant afford to jump in at the top end.

so don't get overly excited till the fat lady sings--

peanut gallery--what don't u have faith in reports that get posted.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:07 am

Yep! 6 week/year hobby prospector here, the 4500 serves our needs and we certainly won't be getting bitter and twisted over the new machine.
Will enjoy all the hype from the arm chair experts (peanut gallery)on the MHz & pink coils that go DEEPER etc etc.l;wfh

MINELABS NEW DETECTORS--- Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:40 am

I recon there are two markets out there they are,

1) the nightjars of the world are happy roll with the machine the know, comfortable in the knowledge that their machine is going to work just as well next year when there is a new model out as it did this year when there wasn't, hell he has already saved a few grand by not jumping on the 5000 and SDC bandwagon, let the good times roll on...

2) those who no mater what trade up to the next one, reason - think it will give them an edge and find more gold , after all that's what the ad's say also who doesn't like shiny new toys.

by my actions im in the second camp I like shiny new toys and like to hope im getting an edge and hopefully more gold. am I proud of my actions? hmmm not really yes there is a small improvement in hotter ground, would the upgrade have paid for itself? nope don't use it enough.

unfortunately those in camp one get slugged with a drop in value on there machine cause all us buggers in camp 2 abandon our perfectly good machine in favour of the latest option as Au-fever has eluded to. just look what happens when a new shape car model comes out same thing, but really minelabs hold there value pretty good I recon.

good luck out there...

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri 09 Jan 2015, 9:13 am

Good points there Kiwi, I also like new toys but I certainly wear out the old ones.
Bought SD-2100 new, (after a 4 way share in a 2000) and enjoyed it talking to me for 10 years (sold it for $2100.00;) ) before finally updating to the 3500, this was a lemon back to ML several times before Berndt & Petra (Reeds) gave me new price trade in on a 4000.
My little lady had got the gold fever by now so we traded the 4K on two new 4500's, never happier than memories of the old 2100.
First 4WD MQ 1982 Patrol sold at 480k (Sheared water pump shaft, alternator, injectors + services & tyres)
Second 4WD 1993Ford Maverick sold at 390k (services & tyres & injectors)
Third and current 2002 Patrol coil cab (1st ever brand new vehicle)
Was discussing this recently with my mate who has spent $55k+ over and above upgrades in this period, a two year period he had more vehicles than me in a life time, one vehicle bought $21k, 10 months later $12k on a trade in. affraid

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Fri 09 Jan 2015, 9:19 am

Yep aint that the truth Tom, I'll stick with me 4500 I love it.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 09 Jan 2015, 10:27 am

i am getting feedback that some are turning their 5K up to max in just about every setting and really push their machines and ears to be able to find enough gold to survive now. seems a new machine is needed for the major players detecting anywhere near populated areas as all the ground is flogged. you can always get out further but try to find virgin ground out there now isnt easy, still a lot of smaller stuff around and the 5k or sdc will find that anyway. its still about where and how well you swing the coil and operate the machine. I will wait and see how they go. the price of a 5K may drop but it is worth all of $5000 and will come back.
good hunting

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Fri 09 Jan 2015, 11:46 am

Depending on just how expensive the new machine is, if is a bit over the top price wise, and they stop making 5000's, the desirability of 4500's and 5000's may rise rather than fall. Just a thought.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 09 Jan 2015, 1:15 pm

If all the rumours are true and the new machine punches deeper, do you really want to be digging a 4 foot hole for a 0.5 gram piece.
totally agree if it finds bigger stuff deeper, then the investment might be worth it but it will kill what is left of a great hobby unless you are willing to spend a lot of time finding new ground.
you can bet ya bottom dollar, there will be people who will buy the new machine.
just my opinion.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Fri 09 Jan 2015, 4:07 pm

gpost  and responses guys.
I'm still hiring why? 9 days detecting in 2014 and although I'm back on my feet financially cannot justify $6+grand for such little use, until I can get out more I will continue to hire.
peter I'm the same with cars, just brought a new s/handy bt50 because I have ran me old bravo into the ground for 10 years/190k k's and plan to do the same with my new rig.
back on subject I'm sure the new minelab detectors will sell well, as ray stressed only for full timers or those who are lucky enough to do the months long trips or the tom's who like there shiny new toys. I would not worry about the 4500/5000 dropping in value especially if the new machines are pricey, they are proven great gold detectors and if I do dig deep in my pockets I'm thinking a 4500/SDC combo would do most casual operators like myself as it covers deep and shallow nug's. fhsdfg
I'm am very pleased it is Friday as it has been a very hectic week back at work
anyhow the beer is cold and I'm buggered
cheers MINELABS NEW DETECTORS--- 1214499189
jase

PS I hope my desensitised recreated post is to all's liking, I'd like to take the opportunity to apologise for my offensive language and to the religious folk and our hard working ladies off the night in our beautiful world that may have read my offensive post

Last edited by aussie18 on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : australian male 41yo drinks beer lays bricks and is offensense to the poofter world)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 09 Jan 2015, 4:24 pm

TFIF is still my motto but now I say TFIT (thank F**K it's today  lol!   )
I really can't see the sense in paying top dollar for a new machine when the machines we have at our disposal do the job for the time you can get out.
as for vehicles, if it runs and is mechanically sound, then why do you need a new one ? guess some people just like new toys every year.

PS. does anyone have a spare yellow top recycling bin, mine fills up too quick now MINELABS NEW DETECTORS--- 1472621687

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri 09 Jan 2015, 4:32 pm

Screw a can cruncher next to your yellow wheely Cliff, you can pack more in.. lweg

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Fri 09 Jan 2015, 4:34 pm

good onya cliff, and I like the change to my post except if Pete was Christ this world would have long been over with, sorry if it was a bit to religious, I have been to church once, but that was for my grand mothers funeral long ago
PISSST that's anothery getting cracked cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 09 Jan 2015, 4:42 pm

Now I have to ask ya Jase.  do you mean you changed ya post, I can't see any sign of it being edited by anyone else.
I'm probably wrong.
Update: appears the editing function is not working for one of the management team so it won't show the reason at the bottom of a post.
I've been informed a couple of words got changed.

Last edited by Bignuggs on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more added)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Fri 09 Jan 2015, 5:43 pm

the original post had for Christ sake and somehow got changed to for crazy Pete sake, no skin of my nose mate and I'm sure Pete has been called worse then Christ before.
somebody playing tricks ay!! all good fella's after all it is Friday.
cheers and enjoy
jase

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 09 Jan 2015, 5:54 pm

post changed again.  what can I say, thank f**K it's Friday   Razz    kwdf
might have to go ass add some words to the word censoring gizmo.
personally I don't have a problem saying thank Christ or Jesus Christ but I guess we do have to keep the peace.
and so ends freedom of speech or you could end up being shot. bugger me, what a life we are in.
time for another beer.

Last edited by Bignuggs on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more added)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Fri 09 Jan 2015, 6:02 pm

HAHAHA I seriously was not offended guys, shite I better stop using imaginary characters in my vocabulary, but I will add seeing that change reminded me I hadn't contacted the old border crossing bugger in a while, geez cliff the almighty one hahahaha.
I think this topic has been well and truly screwed now, sorry
jase

Last edited by aussie18 on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my fingers were stuttering)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 09 Jan 2015, 6:31 pm

as a sheila at my last work place used to say "I don't give a fat rats clacker" if the original thread is now stuffed    MINELABS NEW DETECTORS--- 1472621687    kwdf
we can always start a new one Very Happy whgirt lweg

Last edited by Bignuggs on Fri 09 Jan 2015, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more added)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:04 pm

oneday wrote:I don't know how u can give financial advice into punters selling their machines etc etc coz for 1 u don't know a lot of aspects if any on the new machines let alone the weight factor and the cost.

If the machine is priced at $10,000 then u would certainly be hard pressed to justify 6 weeks 42 days of use..

I for 1 would stick with the 5k regardless

One point u have missed is that everyone isn't using a 5k so a lot of upgrading may play a factor.

There is also a growing demand by punters that want to get into detecting and a lot cant afford to jump in at the top end.

so don't get overly excited till the fat lady sings--

peanut gallery--what don't u have faith in reports that get posted.

regards
oneday

[quote="oneday"]I don't know how u can give financial advice into punters selling their machines etc etc coz for 1 u don't know a lot of aspects if any on the new machines let alone the weight factor and the cost.

I can give financial advice about detector prices, (even though I am not a dealer), and of course I don't know a lot of aspects of the new machine (do you?) but that has little or nothing to do with the drop in value of current machines does it???, if you have been around long enough you would know that with the release of every new machine there is a fall in the price of the current top of the range detector, mainly due to people scurrying to get the latest machine and dealers offering low trade in prices to what you call the "punters", this creates a glut of detectors on the market for a short time.

Its good for the newer detectorist's to be able to get these machines at lower prices rather than settling for an earlier less effective machine, but the point I was making was that its a bad time for the seller as they wont be able to get a fair trade in price or sale price on the open market if they leave there run too late to sell it.

I have been involved for 28 years or more of swinging detectors and have owned pretty much every Minelab machine made, and I have bought and sold dozens of detectors as well so I am familiar with the prices and the trends that go with new machines hitting the market, for the record I was offered a Minelab franchise some years ago but decided I preferred to spend time in the bush than in a shop.

Anyway time will tell.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down