Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE EUREKA STOCKADE least we forget

+2
aussie18
martinjsto
6 posters

Go down

THE EUREKA STOCKADE least we forget  Empty THE EUREKA STOCKADE least we forget

Post by martinjsto Tue 02 Dec 2014, 4:40 pm

tomorrow is the 160th anniversary of the Eureka stockade and not a word of it in our media. this event is one of the most significant in our history with men banding together and swearing allegiance under the southern cross resulting in 30 men loosing their lives to become the birthplace of Australian democracy. its time our pollies realize what made us who we are. Our kids are taught nothing of our history today and pretty much all of our immigrants wouldn't have a clue who was Peter lalor and James Scobie and where and how the term Digger originated.
shame pollies shame.

http://www.australia.gov.au/about-australia/australian-story/eureka-stockade

http://www.visitvictoria.com/Regions/Goldfields/Things-to-do/History-and-heritage/Gold-rush-history/Eureka-Stockade

Last edited by martinjsto on Tue 02 Dec 2014, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

THE EUREKA STOCKADE least we forget  Empty Re: THE EUREKA STOCKADE least we forget

Post by aussie18 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 4:51 pm

bloody well said martin
gpost
aussie18
aussie18

Back to top Go down

THE EUREKA STOCKADE least we forget  Empty Re: THE EUREKA STOCKADE least we forget

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 5:50 pm

yep--I'll try to buy a eureka flag to replace the one that perished and hang it proudly over our office at home for all to see.

if anyone knows of a good manufacturer or supplier please let me know--the last one I had came compliments of the MUA.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:23 pm

Plenty on Ebay mate.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by blh Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:13 pm

Well said Martin.
Read The book by Peter Fitzsimons, great read. Understand it all better. Also good reason to be a paid up member of APLA. too !!!
Cheers. Harro

blh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rege-PA Tue 02 Dec 2014, 11:39 pm

Every Digger should fly the flag.....

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:50 am

oneday wrote:yep--I'll try to buy a eureka flag to replace the one that perished and hang it proudly over our office at home for all to see.

if anyone knows of a good manufacturer or supplier please let me know--the last one I had came compliments of the MUA.

regards
oneday

Rays outdoors has em for real cheap Wink  get em online if not up your way Ray.

CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:12 pm

i remember watching some of this when very young. took me most of the day but i just finished watching again and it is a great series on the Eureka stockade events. thanks for posting Pete.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down