Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this the new Jupiter GPZ7000?

3 posters

Go down

Is this the new Jupiter GPZ7000? Empty Is this the new Jupiter GPZ7000?

Post by NuggieDreamer Mon 24 Nov 2014, 7:51 pm

Jupiter GPZ7000 @ AU$8750
The read is, it's due for release 2015, CTX3030 styled, with wireless headphones and will have larger chipped (reproduction protected) coils that have the same SDC quality EMI protection and knock the socks off the GPX5000.

Is this the new Jupiter GPZ7000? 14158310

NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Is this the new Jupiter GPZ7000? Empty Re: Is this the new Jupiter GPZ7000?

Post by Banjo Mon 24 Nov 2014, 9:17 pm

this pic has already had a bucket of water thrown over it by Nenad, apparently they are mine detectors.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Tue 25 Nov 2014, 8:31 am

A few weeks ago I had a holiday in Melbourne with a bit of sightseeing through the Golden Triangle. While having a cup of coffee at the Central Deborah mine in Bendigo, I got chatting to a tradie who was doing a bit of maintenance work there.

It soon became obvious that he only worked to live and that he lived to go out looking for gold. In the course of our conversation, he mentioned that he had done a bit of testing for Minelab. How much and how recently he didn’t say. Anyway, when the subject of a new detector and possibly new technology came up, his reply was quite interesting. I forget exactly how it was worded, but he seemed to be suggesting that the new advances would be “in the coils”!

Coincidence? Maybe ND’s post above might just be on the money.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:59 am

Pebbles wrote:but he seemed to be suggesting that the new advances would be “in the coils”!
Coincidence?  Maybe ND’s post above might just be on the money.
Col

Makes sense to me mate, why wouldn't they want to corner the coil market too...

The recent Codan meeting forcasts a release in 2015, how soon, some suggest the next ML AGM, who knows,

Now, to think whether it is worth worrying about selling your current PI machine over before it's release?
Does everyone want to dig 6ft down for a 0.1g speci after spending most of the time bashing a chisel and cursing ML for their new AU$9K machine that is on the verge of giving you sterility and brain cancer?

... my thoughts, are still a simplified 5000 with better EMI shielded coils and a waterproof plastic construction.
For those that are apt operators of the newer PI machines maybe not enough to budge them to upgrade their arsonnel of machines and coils, but maybe a machine less prone to the elements could cure a lot of headaches.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Dec 2014, 4:29 am

All I could wish for would be a PI detector that has a fully functional and full depth descrimination capability.

There is still lots of gold in trashy areas, but they cant be worked effectively with what we have at the moment.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down