Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two weeks out

+2
martinjsto
goldseeker58
6 posters

Go down

Two weeks out Empty Two weeks out

Post by goldseeker58 Sat 26 Jul 2014, 11:08 am

Just had 2 weeks out, caught up with Tom, and the others last weekend, had a great time, only got the 2 Two weeks out S1290013
goldseeker58
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Two weeks out Empty Re: Two weeks out

Post by martinjsto Sat 26 Jul 2014, 2:16 pm

my last trip to yalgoo resulted in two similar size nugget, yours look a bit bigger actually. a great trip IMO any gold is good gold eh. also makes me wonder how much smaller undetectable gold is in the dirt where they were found. I dug a few 40kg wheat bags full out of a very productive creek on one trip, carted 4 bags all the way home and panned off to find zilch. good fun but and the neighbors thought i was quite weird panning what looked like dirt from my front garden.  scratch 

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldseeker58 Sat 26 Jul 2014, 2:32 pm

Yes, I can imagine, you panning, and being in an area where there is no known gold in your back yard, it would look weird... lol.. one thing I must tell you, even though you may pan carefully, you will lose gold panning, and your pan will seem empty, you miss the fine microscopic gold... even though you may think it's not much, I've used mercury to extract the gold from the fine sand, and once came up with 7 grams, it is a lot to lose, had I panned, I would have lost more than 90% of it...
I've had people next to me panning, and say there is no gold, I would tell them to dig in the same spot I am, and still they would come up empty, so I got them to pan into a large pan, they were still empty, I'd pan off the large pan and show them what they lost, and it amazed them, panning is a skill, and you'll only get the larger gold...
goldseeker58
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Sun 27 Jul 2014, 6:20 pm

Hey Paul nice nuggets mate, here's a pic of another target you dug haha  lol! Two weeks out 02411
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by goldseeker58 Sun 27 Jul 2014, 6:50 pm

Thanks Kev, pity that jar wasn't half full of gold....

But I'm waiting to see your guys find.... l;wfh 
goldseeker58
goldseeker58

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Mon 28 Jul 2014, 3:34 am

Nice 2 bits it,s better then none they all add up
 cheers  bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Mon 28 Jul 2014, 8:09 am

G`Day Paul.Yeah it was good catching up with yourself and others at Toms lease.Kev and I had a great trip,covered a lot of new areas and will put up pics of our finds soon.
Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Mon 28 Jul 2014, 11:13 am

nice one Paul be good to see what Phil and Kev got up to while the rest of us mugs went back to work.... Very Happy 

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Mon 28 Jul 2014, 11:53 am

Hey guys just posted story in Prospecting Trips and Stories.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down