Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

couple weeks out bush

+6
AnnieL
albo
snapper
martinjsto
Bignuggs
rarebreed
10 posters

Go down

couple weeks out bush Empty couple weeks out bush

Post by rarebreed Mon 03 Jun 2013, 12:07 pm

Hey Gang,
This is sort of an update on Jasons (AKA)Used to be newbie) trip and our own.
Started our trip a few weeks ago Me my wife and old man, we rocked up into the gold fields and took a night in town for a rest break after the long drive out.
Caught up with Jason the next morning and headed out to find some gold, got out to our camp location and started setting up our camp, By this time it was starting to get late in the day. Jason and I decided to head off anyways to try get an hour in.

My wife and father stayed at camp and setup the rest of the gear and get the fire going.
After doing no good for the hour we were out, we headed back to camp, but i was determind to find a bit the first day, so when we got back to camp, i decided to look around the area were we camped and pinged a little 0.3 Gram 30 meters away from camp.

That week we covered a lot of ground but struggled to get any solid weight up, Jas pinged a nice 5 gram piece and i managed to get a small 4 gram bit, We were getting small bits and pieces but no patches.
So we decided to move on and try our luck at a different spot down the road.

First few days the same thing, bits and pieces, some days there was no gold to be had, but the company was good and the food was awesome which made the trip.
Getting close to the end of our trip Jas got a nice sized speci at good depth, so we decided to focus on the area to try pull some good gold, but it was a vast open flood plain.
We did not manage to pick up anymore pieces in the area.

I managed a small run of nuggets about 8 bits on the side of a hill running down a small wash, Jason also picked up his first Meteorite which he was pretty happy about, It weighed in at about 18 grams.

Anyhoo the trip came to and end and when we got home we processed the speci, we got just over an ounce of gold and fines from it, once we smelted it, we got a total weight of 32.5 grams.

All in all the trip was really good in fact i wish i was still out there Razz, we managed to pay for our fuel, we managed to pull a few ounces all up.
Anyways enjoy the pictures, Also a big thanks to Jason it was a great trip mate, look forward to doing it again.

Cheers Johno

couple weeks out bush 079

couple weeks out bush 088

couple weeks out bush 061

couple weeks out bush Milkyway

couple weeks out bush 143

couple weeks out bush 138

couple weeks out bush IMG_1596

couple weeks out bush Speci

couple weeks out bush Crushing1

couple weeks out bush Crushing2

couple weeks out bush Panning

couple weeks out bush Smelting2

couple weeks out bush Smelting3

rarebreed

Back to top Go down

couple weeks out bush Empty Re: couple weeks out bush

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 12:15 pm

thats what its all about--great company and obviously a bloody good cook..the gold is a real bonus just to top everything off
good on yas one and all.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 03 Jun 2013, 1:02 pm

Pure magic. nice to read a story of a fine trip and some nice pics also.
I was starting to wonder where Jase had got to as we hadn't heard from him for awhile.

cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 03 Jun 2013, 3:24 pm

great trip jonno and some gold to boot cheers , I had a trip with jase 8 odd weeks ago and also had a wonderful time, found my first ever gold. nice one.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Mon 03 Jun 2013, 3:27 pm

Well done, i love the pic of the gold pan with all that yella, cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 03 Jun 2013, 6:02 pm

yes Jase has a few bush tucker skills, he cooked up some lambs fry with his special sauce and boy it was good, followed up the next day by a chicken stew, hmmmmmm hmmmmm wegr

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Mon 03 Jun 2013, 9:54 pm

Top shelf Rarebreed, hope you post some more of the same later on, albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieL Tue 04 Jun 2013, 7:01 pm

Thanks for the story rarebreed! Good pics too.

Annie

AnnieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevenh120 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 9:19 pm

Good post Johno...... Note to self, need to take more bourbon with us when next out with Jason. 2 Litres didnt cut the mustard.
I think the fish curry with fresh chillies was a life changer, although I think those chilly sausages from Scarfo's got Jason's attention jhgigfif

Was a bloody good trip, can't say I've ever walked so many km's a day before though.

Stevenh120

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:19 pm

bottles of rum - bourbon on a trip ... the rule was made with a prospecting partner , a top bloke for a seal basha he is ...the lid only came off if we managed to crack a 10 oz day ,otherwise drink beer at night .... after the rule was made we returned to meeka for supplies & went back to our ongoing patch mid arvo ... yep the lid was off before dark with 16 oz , he had a 4 oz piece , I had a 3 oz piece was the largest & all sizes in between, bragging I spose ,but a great trip il never forget .....drinking spirits in the bush can make you tired & lazy .... I know, cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

couple weeks out bush Empty couple weeks out bush

Post by arizonayank Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:23 am

Johno great story and pics,im coming over from the us hope to have a pinch of luck.Get a little yellow maybe,nice to see the photo of the milky way.It will be full moon when i'm over so might not see it so bright.Hope to get some good photos the two weeks i'm out,Thats some good looking gold congrats Kelly
arizonayank
arizonayank

Back to top Go down

Post by Oziegal Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:49 pm

Fabulous photo's, thanks for posting them.

And well done on your gold finds....!

Very Happy

Oziegal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirtfisher Sat 08 Jun 2013, 3:50 pm

Great story and top photos. Gee I miss the bush, those clear nights are the best.

Dirtfisher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down