Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Similar story, better ending than, "fallin off the back of a truck--gpx4500."

3 posters

Go down

Similar story, better ending than, "fallin off the back of a truck--gpx4500." Empty Similar story, better ending than, "fallin off the back of a truck--gpx4500."

Post by Nightjar Sat 12 Jul 2014, 7:40 am

After reading this story a couple of instances popped up in the memory box.
When GPS's were first hitting the market we four mates went out and bought a Magellan, being a new toy we were all over it.
The first trip back to the goldfields all four of us were trialling it and one of us inadvertently left it on the roof of the 4B. We bush bashed about a K back to our camp and of course it was gone.
Fortunately grass covered the ground so we emu bobbed our tracks and luckily found the new toy undamaged.

Second story was losing a white pill jar with almost an ounce of AU on a quartz covered hill side. The immediate thoughts were it was an almost impossible task because every pill box sized piece of quartz jumped out at us. About 1/2 hour into search I was elated to find the bottle and yell out to my little lady. kwdf 
Actually got a hug for that effort.  Similar story, better ending than, "fallin off the back of a truck--gpx4500." 2598739884 

Similar story, better ending than, "fallin off the back of a truck--gpx4500." Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Similar story, better ending than, "fallin off the back of a truck--gpx4500." Empty Re: Similar story, better ending than, "fallin off the back of a truck--gpx4500."

Post by cruiser1 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 8:29 am

Luck was truly on your side Peter finding the lost items.It is amazing what can be found whilst wandering around.I actually found a five dollar note at the bottom of an old dig hole.The mate found a watch which was still ticking and holding the right time.

cheers

phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Similar story, better ending than, "fallin off the back of a truck--gpx4500." Empty Re: Similar story, better ending than, "fallin off the back of a truck--gpx4500."

Post by pilbara snapper Sat 12 Jul 2014, 8:00 pm

Many years back in my commercial diving life we were laying pipelines across spencer gulf in SA, I was on the deck of the work barge getting ready for a dive when one of the riggers borrowed my favourite dive knife to cut a rope, he dropped my knife and it bounced and went over the side into 27mtrs of water.
During my dive I had a look around but could not find it, well that was the end of that knife so I thought.
About 3 years later I was employed by another company to do a inspection survey on the same pipeline and was zooming along the seabed on a underwater scooter when I spotted my old knife sticking out of the sand alongside the pipeline !!!
Something's are ment to be found I guess

Regards snapper

pilbara snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 8:39 pm

Good story snapper.Had a similar story but this was a propeller lost.We were going out for deep sea fishing from safety Bay in two boats.The mate was ahead of me and came to a sudden stop,his prop had come off so he anchored up in about 45 feet of water.I went back and got the hookah from home and also anchored behind him.Visibility was shite and some ground swell.Dived over the side and could not believe it,went straight to the bottom and there was the nut then the washer and further back his stainless steel prop.Finding the washer first was like finding a needle in the hay-stack.the mate said ,finding the prop was equivalent to two Dhuies so good outcome in the end.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down