Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving House

4 posters

Go down

Moving House Empty Moving House

Post by Wotif Tue 24 Sep 2013, 4:36 pm

Well its finally happened .Bought a house at Curra ( just north of Gympie )so am moving to old gold country of Gympie in a few months time so when i get there i will call out for help from any detectorists in the area for help for any spots in the area to practice with the 5000.Any help will be appreciated
Cheers Wotif

P.S Am moving down from Boyne Island A place i have been for 31 years so might miss the place a bit but its getting to busy for me now
Wotif
Wotif

Back to top Go down

Moving House Empty Moving House

Post by albo Wed 25 Sep 2013, 10:24 pm

good onya mate , went to the 100 th year gold centenery celebration years ago in Gympie , billy cart races down the main street , people sitting up on the old verandah roofs with eskys loaded up , country western bands goin off in a couple of the pubs ,i stayed at an old pub top of the hill [the bed bugs ar still nippin:P  ] great town , my first decting experience , bought a deepseeker pro model & hit the deep sands in the Mary river with no experience , got no gold of coarse, but a great time, albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Moving House Empty Re: Moving House

Post by Guest Thu 26 Sep 2013, 8:09 am

Oh oh!!! Wotif, what have you done!!!Shocked Shocked Shocked 
Do you own a boat?Moving House 3179412840 

Courtesy of Wikipedia

"Significant floods along the Mary River have caused inundations of the town in 1893, 1955, 1968, 1974, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2011[10] and 2013. The first recorded flood in Gympie was in 1870. Most of the floods occur between December and April and are typically caused by heavy rainfall in the headwaters to the south.[11]

The highest flood ever recorded in Gympie occurred on 2 February 1893 when the river peaked at 25.45 m.[11] Gympie was declared a natural disaster area during the 1999 floods.[12] The river peaked at 21.9 m then.

Numerous highways and roads in and around the town which were destroyed or damaged during floods in 2011 will be repaired under Operation Queenslander.[13] This is the name given to post flood reconstruction efforts in Queensland.

In March 2012, the Gympie Regional Council decided to spend about $30,000 for a cost benefit analysis on flood mitigation measures."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotif Thu 26 Sep 2013, 9:29 am

Where the house is at Curra (20 minutes from Gympie) the 2013 didn't get there but was isolated from from Gympie for a few days at the Matilda servo so hopefully we will be ok
Wotif
Wotif

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotif Tue 05 Nov 2013, 8:34 am

Well we took over the house on the 11/10/2013 & stayed 4 days down there tiding up a few things & returned to Boyne Island until the 30/10 when we returned with some gear to start moving in,but when we arrived we found some fekin a**sehole had knocked off both pressure pumps,one from the house & the other from the dam.Canvased the neighbours to see if they had seen anything but no luck,on coming back the wife had found one down in the bush so they were probably coming back for that one but it put us in a situation as we could not get any water to the house until the next day after i had a plumber come up from Gympie to repair the cut copper pipe.They at least could of undone the fittings in stead of cutting the pipe also letting about 4000 gallons of water down the drain so lucky the other tank was turned off (NOT HAPPY JAN) GRrrrrrrrrrr as we only have tank water to rely on.So not a happy camper at the moment.The next door neighbour had her diesel pump stolen the month before.
So it sounds like we have to move asap now.Well thats my gripe for the month so off to have another JD
Wotif
Wotif
Wotif

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:38 am

Feel sorry for ya mate , not a good way to start the new life , but probly theres only 1 bad egg & after some time there you will get some local knowledge of who it is & you can blow him up . cheers albo .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 05 Nov 2013, 1:47 pm

sorry to hear that mate, there are scumbags everywhere but to let the water drain out of the tank as well, what a tosser. shoot on sight IMO, feed to wild pigs. problem solved.
We hope your new home is all you dream of and a great life ahead for ya buddy.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Thu 07 Nov 2013, 10:35 am

albo wrote:Feel sorry for ya mate , not a good way to start the new life , but probly theres only 1 bad egg & after some time there you will get some local knowledge of who it is . cheers albo .
[edited after a reread &blowing him up was a little harsh]Laughing 
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotif Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:45 pm

don't worry i was thinking worse than that
Wotif
Wotif

Back to top Go down

Post by salt-d Thu 07 Nov 2013, 7:56 pm

Hope the move goes well Wotif and nothing else gets thieved, once you settle in and get to know a few of the locals they will point out the ones to look out for. Has been a few lowlifes/dope heads there and up the highway a bit over the years. but then it seems there every where these days. Good luck with the gold detecting, haven't heard of much found in the way of nuggets about Gympie.
salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Fri 08 Nov 2013, 8:25 am

That's the spirit watif, good too see mate ,they don't know who there dealing with & you have friends .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down