Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A bit more weather on the way

+6
toad
Bignuggs
Sporaticus
mulgadansa
Flying kiwi
K town swinger
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A bit more weather on the way Empty A bit more weather on the way

Post by K town swinger Fri 22 Feb 2013, 9:52 am

Looks like a bit more rain on the way for coastal parts of the North.Hope it doesn't have a chance to develop into the severe category that models are suggesting.

A bit more weather on the way Idy20002mslpprecip114

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

A bit more weather on the way Empty Re: A bit more weather on the way

Post by Flying kiwi Fri 22 Feb 2013, 12:17 pm

all the marine boys have demobed here already we are looking at tieing down tomorow morning.
the boffins recon landfall some where between karratha and broome so shouldent come to much here, not even a tropical low yet but is right on top of us so wont be much of a heads up when things start to happen, will wait and see...
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Fri 22 Feb 2013, 1:01 pm

Gday Ktown & FK
My son just headed home to K today. Looks like it's going to be more than just a "bit of weather" for most of the state I reckon. Have a look at this longrange http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/forecast.php?type=rain&region=waussie&noofdays=7
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Feb 2013, 1:27 pm

I usually go by what these guys have to say--seem a bit more accurate than BOM..
http://www.usno.navy.mil/JTWC/

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporaticus Fri 22 Feb 2013, 1:46 pm

I've given up on it. If it crosses the coast above Karratha, we get stuff all. The only hope we have is if it gets to head out off the coast a bit more......please, we need about 300mm of rain. Very Happy Very Happy

Brett, by the last pic in your charts, Perth has more to worry about, haha. I fly out of Dampier on Thur's and stay in Perth till Sat, so I'm hoping I get it twice. Very Happy Very Happy
Sporaticus
Sporaticus

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Fri 22 Feb 2013, 2:02 pm

Yeh, you guys know what these things are like. They change their minds in a heartbeat. But a system like this did go down through the Kal area a few years ago and flooded everything and cut the Indian Pacific if I remember.
The Metvuw site is pretty good but and it's one of the sites I use when planning long prospecting trips with the van. You can pick the weather a fair way out and even get a tail wind.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Fri 22 Feb 2013, 3:22 pm

The guys that predicted this lows formation last week must still think its going to be severe,feckin hope not.Maybe while they are up this way they can give me hand to tie down. tongue

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/perths-storm-troopers-to-fly-to-pilbara-ahead-of-cyclone-20130221-2etvs.html

K town.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 22 Feb 2013, 7:10 pm

Perth Metro area got nice and grey skyed this arvo, it tried hard to rain and the temperature dropped, but I think more is to come.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Sat 23 Feb 2013, 7:55 am

Damn! Looks like Gero is going to miss out on the rain again. Dongara may get some water down the Irwin though.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 23 Feb 2013, 9:22 am

Woke up this morning to find clear sky and sunshine. Where did the rain go Suspect
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 4:35 pm

no rain but humidity pouring of my back--prediction that the low -TC will head to Pt Hedland--hopefully no rain..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 23 Feb 2013, 4:50 pm

If ya got sweat running down ya back, it's time to let the young guys do the truck tyres and swing the bead breaker A bit more weather on the way 3179412840
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 23 Feb 2013, 4:56 pm

Yes bugger the asthma stick , get a hydraulic one
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 4:56 pm

got a better idea--give the whole lot away and let them all do it beween themselves..I only do car and 4x4 tyres now thank god..dont even need a bead breaker--its called a bead breakin machine and works great.. lol!
Got a new bloke starting on Monday so hopefully he will roll up to work..1 out of 4 not bad..

regards
Oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 4:57 pm

$90k plus accomodation and they whinge--wish someone paid me that--

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 23 Feb 2013, 5:16 pm

That's the problem these days. Everyone wants big bucks but they don't wanna work for it and I'll get my head bitten off here, it's worse with the younger generation. They want it now. Well guess what, they ain't gettin it and they can't understand why.
I hear it all day long from young people, they think they own the world and should be paid a million dollars for it. Yeah, right. If ya don't work, ya don't get paid and ya have to work ya way up the ladder, not start at the top.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 23 Feb 2013, 5:49 pm

Your head wont get bitten off by this right wing redneck Cliff about lazy ambitious people in general, but im sure theres some minority tolerati poofs that would but.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporaticus Sat 23 Feb 2013, 6:04 pm

Ahhh, I think you mean Labor/Greens handout grabbers Albo, haha. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

( sorry to all the labor voters out there who work and get stuff all )
Sporaticus
Sporaticus

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 23 Feb 2013, 6:09 pm

Yes Dion those wallys also , chuck em on the list , mandatory. lol!
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 23 Feb 2013, 6:11 pm

I do rave on at times but I work with the useless sods who want it all without working for it. "What does he know ?", I hear that all the time.
I'm just a dinosaur now Razz I know nothing coz I'm not a teenager A bit more weather on the way 3179412840
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2013, 6:14 pm

yep--I dont mind people havin to apply for a job --no problem--the problem is when u ask them what if anything they can give to enhance the position--i draw a blank..ohh well ---next

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 23 Feb 2013, 6:19 pm

Yes get it all the time at work myself .... MY reply is , Listen son im too old a cat to be flicked about with by kittens ... or.... Listen son i was doing this stuff in Bagdad when you were in Dads bag..... shuts em up for a while.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 23 Feb 2013, 6:30 pm

appologies k town , drifted off we did , back to the weather, good thing is il be back to the east pilbara on monday & tue , wed looking to be 26- 28 max , luxury, albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 23 Feb 2013, 6:39 pm

Weather ? what weather ? it's nice here in the Perth metro right now Very Happy and yes we did get off track. My apologies Embarassed
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sun 24 Feb 2013, 5:23 pm

Well this latest cyclone is still afew days away but its already windy as hell here in hedland.

Latest JTWC modelling is showing a cat 4/5 coming right over hedland, whilst BOM is predicting at the the moment it will swing east over sandfire way (poor bastards got a big one last year). Well see what happens, but there is a few worried faces around town at the moment.[img]

A couple of hours ago here in wedgefield.

A bit more weather on the way 13dd2323-3575-4944-bced-8f78886c1bd2_zps4f4a0096[/img]
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next