Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does the gold price effect you ?

+6
groundrush
Bignuggs
Flakmagnet
Goldbait
golden
madtuna
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How does the gold price effect you ? Empty How does the gold price effect you ?

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:16 am

i couldt cut a rabbit quicker

How does the gold price effect you ? T24_au11

Say all ya like but to a fella whose life depends on the gold price this is lookin like sh#t.

In WA theres plenty who not only are detector operators but full time prospectors with leases
ans PL's, these are the guys who are twitching at this info, it means to them whether they eat
decent grub or 2 minute noodles until it settles.
Its a defferent scene her in WA, its not like in Vic
or NSW or QLD where ya just go out for the day and are happy with a few scrapps surmounting to a
couple of grams if yer lucky, in WA for many its the BREAD n BUTTER that feeds the kids mouths.

we all are doin it hard these days , right or bloody wrong, so lets look at it this way, i'm short on
cash and cant meet the bills or even see paying for food until the next centrelink payment comes
into my account "and thats bloody me Shocked"
do i hold onto my gold until it rises ?? or do i sell so my mob can at least EAT a family meal and my
kids can have some NON vnnies presents in there xmas gifts...

F^%k it i'm sellin 2oz now so at least my kids can at least thank santa this year,
and if it wasnt for me being a gold prospecter they wouldnt be doin as good, and that goes
for many proud WA gold prospectors who feed their family's on gold like me..

there im friggin done hahaha, ive vented.... and now i'm gonna drink a carton o beer "which"
i paid for by detecting it up on the 5000 Razz thank Puck. Razz

I really hope some arent doin it as hard as some are this xmas, and dont forget Shocked
there's alway somone doin it harder than you are, so at this time of need, please if you can spare
a donation to vinnies guys please think of the family's that are not as lucky as we might be.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

How does the gold price effect you ? Empty Re: How does the gold price effect you ?

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 2:07 am

hey pete,

yeah its one hell of a drop to be honest in a pretty short time period. will be interesting to see where it goes. I guess the most important thing is to maximize the value of the gold you find. Sell the nice ones on ebay , with case e.t.c. as people seem to pay more for "pretty" gold for gifts or for collecting.

not easy if you replying on it for income tho !

Themrburns

Back to top Go down

How does the gold price effect you ? Empty Re: How does the gold price effect you ?

Post by madtuna Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:23 am

Although it does look nasty, I doubt we'll ever see gold below $1200 an oz again and I'm fortunate that my expenses would be less than 1gr a day so I'm not panicing or overly concerned.
I shouldn't have to sell again until welll into next year, and going by all the predictions it will most likely be up past where it was at its highest a few months ago Very Happy
madtuna
madtuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:49 am

Thats a big drop in just a few hrs Shocked
Your right Pete,It dosent effect us easterners the same as blokes in WA doin it for a living.
The only thing im worried about is the Missus. If I only get a few grams each trip,and dont even cover expenses( Vital Amber fluid) she may not see the value in a weekend away with the boys Sad
Even sold a few ounces back earlier this year and bought her a new Matteress and curtains for the house,but got no thanks there either.Bloody women,if they didnt have a pussy,they would be stacked 10 high at the tip Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by golden Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:57 pm

Well history repeats itself.Things go up and down, like gold.
Very bad times are ahead with all financial worries around the globe.

Thanks god I was not born rich, so i can live on little if i have to.Spend some time in army so if i have to i can survive in a harshest environment.
From small age l spend the most time with my grandmother.(she died few years back 92yrs old)She was the most influential person in my life.
Went to both word wars, single mother 3 daughters. Most of that generation were hungry and had no clothes , they had nothing.My mother use to say when she was a kid she saw the orange for Christmas-not have a orange-just seen it. My younger son after the dinner eats 15 mandarins nearly every day when they in season.what a turnaround in 2 generation.

Why we complain?The more we have the more we complain.
I personally dont get affected by gold prices.(wife likes diamonds).I prospect for hobby and as a newbie i suck at it.
God help me if i depend on my finds.For the amount of money i spend every month going detecting i could easily buy a half a kilo of gold so far.

Yes there are lot of prospectors and miners who depend on income from minerals.Let be honest some has done quite well.Look the richest people list in this county.Most are miners.
There are lot of detectors who find lot of gold but much more who dont or find very little.Cost of transport and food, accommodation etc is gone to the sky.
Decision to sell or not is sometimes easy, if you have to sell you sell, regardless of the price.
Then look historically chart of gold price.The best investment for last few years.
I do read a lot of fellow detectorist posts.Majority of them say to be successful in detecting you have to be patient.Be stubborn, have an iron will, and be patient.
I would have the same approach with gold.Be patient.Be very patient.
If you dont like gold swap it for something you believe in it or you are more comfortable it will protect your investment.

I always think about people who dont have or they are less fortunate then me.I see them every day.And i help lot of them, and always give to lot of charities.Unfortunately one of the richest country on earth doesn't look after their own.There is no need for people in this country to be in that position.
Hope you have a very good year and find a lot of gold wherever the detecting trips takes you.
Cheers
golden
golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:50 pm

these are only my personal opinions.

but i don't think gold has finished falling. in saying that. when it rises again, prob in the next year or 2, it's going to hit record prices. The US election has started for presidency and that means they spend a lot of $$$ in their campaign. Our dollar to the US is still on par which isn't good for the US economy.

i don't have any hard facts, or references for my opinions. it's just something i believe will happen.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Flakmagnet Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:32 pm

really wonder if it's not being manipulated like almost everything else
having to do with finances these days.

Boy do I wish my expenses were near a gr. a day...nice going.

Flakmagnet
Flakmagnet

Back to top Go down

Post by madtuna Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:40 pm

Admittedly I'm a tightarse....I finally finished a packet of Wheetbix with the use by date of Aug 2009 so my expenses may go up a bit when I finish all the crap I bought over with me and actually have to buy food Very Happy
madtuna
madtuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:54 pm

Steve

I'm sure the laverton store will lighten ya wallet fairly quick Razz

Must be 15 years ago now, i actally specked a 2 grammer out the front of that place Very Happy

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by madtuna Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:10 pm

Hopefully Pete we'll have store in Lavo soon! At the moment kal every 6 or 8 weeks is where you go to do a big grocery shop.
I cleaned out my pantry and bought it all over with me and have enough tins and stuff for another 6 months! I've come to realize that either my stomach is made of kevlar or use by dates are BS some of those tins have Moses's fingerprints on them.
madtuna
madtuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:31 pm

Has that store on the cnr of the main drag and Mcpherson st closed now, i havnt been to lavo
for a few years now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:44 pm

The general store was closed due to flooding in Laverton back in Feb if my memory is correct. back in Sept I checked out the servo and caravan park but the range of food stuffs was pretty bad.
It's a wonder the general store isn't open my now.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by madtuna Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:50 pm

Should be opening soon, admittedly they've said that for a bit but things look promising now
madtuna
madtuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:04 pm

hahahaha strategic starving out of certain types maybe lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

Hello everyone thought I would drive down the track to the new paddock
and join in , Cool

Strategic starving? na reckon the takeaway next to the pub has picked up the slack nicely ,

Don’t think the slip will go below $1300 ,but with so many producers coming online , the magic $2000 might be a bit further away than we would like. Sad
GR.
groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:59 pm

Welcome to the NEW RUSH mate Very Happy

No good floggin old ground ay. lol!

Crazy Pete :.8:

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:01 pm

Thanks fella , and to add if any of you mob decide to blow thru the central Australian
gold fields give me a shout , love to show you around GR Very Happy
groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:34 pm

Pretty good gold website if you dont already know it -

http://www.kitco.com/

Looking at the chart it could be on the way back up ! (Making lower lows, good sign)

Probably the worst Xmas in my life too ! There's a lot of pain around if you're not FIFO. (Libs in WA & Labour in Oz so who do u vote for ??? )

Cheers, Zap.

Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by El Dorado Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:16 am

As soon as the world figures out that paper money is not worth a hoot, gold will be king again! I make jewelry from my gold and the price being high has slowed down the jewelry buying a bunch......gonna have to start drinking cheap beer soon!
El Dorado
El Dorado

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan2010 Sat 17 Dec 2011, 9:58 am

Gday Groundrush good to see ya here mate.
The drop in gold shouldnt worry me too much as I got rid of a cpl of oz of small bits for $1700 each early last month, before the price started to drop. Cheers Evan
Evan2010
Evan2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 8:02 pm

Less than a full month and now look at the difference in price.

How does the gold price effect you ? Before10

How does the gold price effect you ? T24_au12

Slipery than a hay st Maddam Very Happy

This little black daffy is off to the gold buyers early tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:52 pm

gonna buy some gold then and bank it for a increase ?

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:25 pm

No Sam, i'm off to sell some before it goes down any more.

As you know mate, my gold takings are a very big part of my earnings and i'm not waiting
for my boss to reduce my wages any further Very Happy

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 5:56 am

lol! Fair enough mate! hope you get a good price mate!

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by xenon Fri 30 Dec 2011, 7:14 pm

I see it like this. As long as the gold I find pays for the petrol and other expensies incurred on a trip then I am happy. At the end of the day, what you find is free and having a week away prospecting and finding gold beats the hell out of a week elsewhere where I would only be spending money.
xenon
xenon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next