Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find!

+6
groundrush
Inhere
Flying kiwi
Bignuggs
Someday
golddiggerdave
10 posters

Go down

36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! Empty 36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find!

Post by golddiggerdave Fri 30 Nov 2012, 2:50 pm

Hi All,

Here's a story I thought worth posting. Not from the WA fields but this find gives us all some hope!

A regular customer came into the Miner’s Den Sydney store and brought in an enormous 36 KILOGRAM specimen of quartz the other day. He’d found it with his Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector very close (within 25 feet) of his last major find.
He brought in the quartz because I’d asked him to show me the next chunk before he crushed it to extract any gold. We photographed the quartz and found that it did indeed have a strong metal content inside.
This specimen triggered a strong response from the Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector and even the store’s Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pin Pointer before crushing.

The ingot below is HALF of what came out of the specimen: 7,134 grams. The second ingot was almost the same weight.
The large slab of quartz and a smaller one combined to produce just over 14 kg’s of fine gold.

Worth in excess of $500,000.

This is the second such specimen brought in by the same prospector within four months.

36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! Quartz-speci

36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! Gold-ingot

Good Luck and Happy Prospecting

Gold Digger Dave

golddiggerdave

Back to top Go down

36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! Empty re: 36kg quartz speciman

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 3:21 pm

geez great post dave, get's the mouth watering ay!!
good luck to the prospector who is finding these large speci's.
cheers
jase

Back to top Go down

36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! Empty Re: 36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find!

Post by Guest Fri 30 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

On the surface was it Dave, goin by the lichen and moss on it.

Pete

Back to top Go down

36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! Empty Re: 36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find!

Post by Someday Fri 30 Nov 2012, 6:57 pm

Now thats a nice little button!
Fine, dig every target, I get the hint Shocked
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 30 Nov 2012, 8:50 pm

Stuff that dreams are made of. Magnificent, I want one Razz
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Sat 01 Dec 2012, 5:34 am

bugger i thought it was a hot rock!!
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Dec 2012, 5:31 am

Thanks Dave. Ya just ruined me whole day!!! 36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! 3179412840

Geez, he could have bought your shop with that. affraid affraid affraid

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Sun 02 Dec 2012, 5:52 pm

Great find and I believe that Pete is right, on the surface. cheers
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Sun 02 Dec 2012, 6:49 pm

ouch ..dig everything is the way to go..must have sounded like a VW
hub cap. Shocked
groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 4:27 am

groundrush wrote:ouch ..dig everything is the way to go..must have sounded like a VW
hub cap. Shocked

Is it better to use a German-made detector then Groundy? lwkgh 36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! 3179412840

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Dec 2012, 6:29 am

Not the NOKTA Shocked I've just shampooed the hubcaps 36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! 3179412840

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Mon 03 Dec 2012, 8:21 am

[
OK for the sake of peace Ill make that an FJ hub cap.36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! 1356778991

Nokta, na Pete that’s the second best German detector.

I want the one with the worlds best ground balance.TM.
groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Dec 2012, 4:42 am

Might be better to leave things "aziz" hey Groundy? 36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! 3179412840

Robert

PS. We gotta wait till 7/2/2013 now

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Tue 04 Dec 2012, 1:00 pm

36 Kg Quartz Specimen Found Containing aprox 14 kg’s of Gold - What a Find! 3273188554
Looks just like the rock from the movie "The Nugget"
are ya sure he's not some country Victorian road worker who followed the hand of god rainbow to NSW?
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by wandwaver Tue 04 Dec 2012, 9:18 pm

Wish my muffins would turned out that good! lol

wandwaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

Awesome, what a fantastic find

Back to top Go down

Post by Digginerup Wed 30 Jan 2013, 9:54 pm

Wow, they look very similar to some rock and ingot reported on GDPForum by Nero Design( I think) a couple of months ago? scratch

Wayne. cheers

Digginerup

Back to top Go down

Post by carms Fri 08 Feb 2013, 1:40 am

looks the same because i believe it is the same person....damn lucky guy, i believe he has put in the hard yards though so good luck to him....i also see he has perfected the technique of crushing and melting the gold a bit better this time...last time his ingots still had little bits of quartz showing! shows that NSW is still producing!
carms
carms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down