Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quartz and gold

Go down

quartz and gold Empty quartz and gold

Post by leinsterlad Tue 07 Aug 2012, 6:16 pm

this may be a bit off wishfull thinking but,i have been driving out the back of town today (leinster)and about 13 ks out the north side of town there is a massive section of quartz ,i am wundering would this be a good are to investigate or will it be just quartz with no gold,
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

quartz and gold Empty Re: quartz and gold

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2012, 6:26 pm

If its just a massive white qrtz blow (Horse) then no, you want to be looking for burnt lookin qrtz with jet black ironstone, most times you will see a mixture of both on the spots worth swingin on, but i can tell you this "No iron = no gold".
All of the big obvious white qrtz blows were inspected in the 1890s for gold, if that one had gold there would be a deep pit there now.
When you see a blow like that ignore it, and look for the thin stringers of qrtz running out at 90 degree angles or so, these are your best bet for gold deposition within a large reef system like that one.

Remember "No Iron = No gold" mate.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by leinsterlad Tue 07 Aug 2012, 6:50 pm

thanks pete ,there is some areas with strips of quartz with iron stone a few klms away so i may do a bit of investigating around there,
leinsterlad
leinsterlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:32 pm

Have you downloaded the "WA gold mines google earth file" yet ??
comes in handy in new areas to know where the main run was.
Have a hunt around some of them.

Get em here

http://www.detectingwestaustraliangold.com/t819-google-earth-aus-goldmines-files?highlight=google+earth+file

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:48 pm

I know sweet FA about the geology of the WA goldfields,so I would listen to Gold Guru Pete.
On the topic of Pure white quartz.......
There are some reef workings I used to detect that gave up speci`s in the real white stuff. No mineralisation whatsoever. Chunks of pure white with no gold visable on the outside at all.
But fark me,when they were cracked open(and this stuff was farken hard to crack)some of the most beautiful bright crystaline gold you had ever seen.
Makes me cry I didnt keep a few for the collection instead of flogging it all off cheap Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum