Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yesterdays Beach Finds with Sovereign GT

2 posters

Go down

Yesterdays Beach Finds with Sovereign GT Empty Yesterdays Beach Finds with Sovereign GT

Post by Ash100456 Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:23 pm

Yesterdays Beach Finds with Sovereign GT BeachFinds-1

Yesterdays beach Finds, 2 hours detecting . Photo shows the coins condition before attempting any clean up.

Yesterdays Beach Finds with Sovereign GT Cleanups

Cleanups photo shows Florin, Sixpence & Threepence that cleaned up okay, Black coins are Shillings & Sixpences that wont cleanup period. Pennies and halfpennies only cleaned up with a light sandblasting ( once i knew their year ) Note the Queen Victoria Jubillee Medal in a bad state, Originally thought it was dated 1897, on cleaning it up it was dated 1887. Got another 8 pre-decimals in same condition today along with 8 spendables.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Yesterdays Beach Finds with Sovereign GT Empty Re: Yesterdays Beach Finds with Sovereign GT

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:30 pm

Nice work Ash, I got out today with my Sovgt and hit some remote old sites. Only got two coins, 1921 Penny and a 1886 half penny

Yesterdays Beach Finds with Sovereign GT SovereignGT2411001

The half penny took some cleaning I can tell ya, just to find the date.

Back to top Go down

Yesterdays Beach Finds with Sovereign GT Empty Re: Yesterdays Beach Finds with Sovereign GT

Post by Ash100456 Thu 24 Nov 2011, 7:48 pm

Good one Goldstalkergpx, Relic site coins and finds are allways much better knick than the seawater variety, I keep hitting the beach as i allways get some that do clean up okay, especially like finding Florins. Todays coins were pennies & halfpennies, no silvers at all. Ah!, there is allways tomorrow !
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

Carefull with the sandblasting mate. If its worth a few bucks it will destroy its resale value.. Most coins are worth way more uncleaned.
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:38 pm

Yep. point understood, I check the dates first then when i know they are basically worthless i will sandblast them so at least you end up with something that looks okay rather than a very crusty coin. Only sand blast Pennies & halfpennies, not silver coins or anything i am unsure of.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down