Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So...Stoppsy

+7
Makaw
Evan2010
Peaky
Kanakers
rarebreed
Quiet Bloke
Oldfart
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So...Stoppsy Empty So...Stoppsy

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:06 am

I think you might be damaging your good reputation Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/gold-nugget-/140708256881?pt=AU_RocksFossilsMinerals&hash=item20c2dd9c71

Robert

Back to top Go down

So...Stoppsy Empty Re: So...Stoppsy

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:33 am

it's a try out as it was getting talked about on another forum, there was a person who posted on ebay they posted the oz, grains,grams ect. i said that i'll try it out and if it sells i'm going to tell the buyer that if he took any note that the gold was in grains not grams. if it goes way over gold price i'll be giving them money back to make the nugget the right price. i sold one a few days ago in grams so i could see if they took any note that this is in grains.

in away it's just trying to see if buys on ebay know what they are buying after what has been happening the last few weeks , and try and help them understand what grains, grams, oz ect is all about... i don't wont people to be getting ripped off and stuff the market of gold on ebay.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:12 am

i'm not shitting anyone about this, i do believe in doing the right thing by others, the reason we need to stop it as people will stop buying gold on ebay and that will stuff a lot off people up in selling it. if you have a problem with trying to stop something that's not right there's some wrong with you by my books.
cheers
stoppsy
ps, now the best way is to tell the people is, who bids on the item tell them about what they have just bidded on and then once they see that they'll have more off understanding about it. if you don't believe what i'm saying well what can i say.... i do believe in karma.... the other thing why would i wont to get a bad rating on my ebay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:11 am

Oldfart wrote:Stoppsy,

Justify it however you think.

If you are so set on educating the un educated and you are prepared to wast money on an add, then why would you not put a bold explanation in the Item Desctription?? You could educate far more people in here with a full explanation of the difference in measurements of gold.

IMO this would have been the better waist of that hard earned cash?? Evil or Very Mad

Please refer to my first post.

Oldfart
it's not wasting money as i'll be still selling the nugget but as i said they will be getting the right amount for it not getting ripped off. i was going to copy the messages i was going to send the bidders and post them on the other forum to show what i was saying and doing, then post there reply...so you would rather see people just keep getting ripped off? people who buy gold don't always read the forums, and we all know about grains and grams so we are educated enough, but some other people are not and they need to be. ...it cost a few bux to put something on ebay and if that helps 1 to 4 people out well that's a start. the more we can help the better.

if you think i'm a lier well good on you mate
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:36 am

i'm just jack off it and for the ones who don't believe what i was trying to do...well i'll take it off the ebay just to make them happy... Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:50 am

EBAYERS have a lot to answer for anyway.

Stick with grams---mmmmh not hard --I thought
That way everyone who buys gold out of aussie knows of grams =--god help the rest.

Its a pity how we attack each other on the way we conduct a legitamit business over a mistamena...
Those who want to sell in grains do so--those who sell in grams good luck.

Its like buying a private second hand car--u get it at the right price for a reason..

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 7:58 am

well to make everyone happy i'v put a don't bid on the item.... i'll never bother helping anyone anymore fark it getting called a lier and that well they can go and jump off a cliff i'v had enough off the bull shit... if you have something against me PM me and we'll work something out so we can meet face to face... i'v had it i'm out

what's this world comming to? it was like when the old bloke come off his scooter thing and me and the wife went and helped him and eveyone just kept driving or pulling up to watch... what is wrong with people these days don't they wont to help others? this is what the forums are ment to be about not slagging...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:40 am

Yeah Stoppsy

Life can be a bitch.

These other members should pull there heads in...

Do what ya wanna do and be done with it.

if someone wants ya item for sale -- then they buy it---grains grams nuggets who gives a rats--if anyone thinks they are getting ripped of then they retract their bid..
Enough said holy shite--go to bunnings.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:43 am

all i wonted was to help other but this is what it comes to... i'v just had enough
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:55 am

Well i might put up some gold in grains, nothin wrong with that, never was, never will be
and if anybody has a gripe ya can BLOW IT OUT YA ARS.

Stoppsy what you did was pure genlemanly, and in good faith, good onya mate..

The Axe is bout to come down very fuckin shortly. Twisted Evil

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Bloke Thu 23 Feb 2012, 10:32 am

stoppsy wrote:i'm just jack off it and for the ones who don't believe what i was trying to do...well i'll take it off the ebay just to make them happy... Mad

Gday Stoppsy, your intensions were nothing but honourable and you have nothing to answer for :!: Oh shit yes you have got something to answer for, how the fark do you get that 4500 running so good :?: It's got some off em scratchin there heads and there hankies are out Sad
Keep up the good work with the vids and pickies mate, and it's your right to advertise in grams or grains to try and help some ebayers understand what gold weight they are buying. He's a picture mate so you can use on some of your future posts if some get a bit upset, all the best.

So...Stoppsy Homer_10

cheers
Quiet Bloke
Quiet Bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by rarebreed Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:41 am

I think Oldfart has a very valid point in the regards to educating people in your sale of gold Stoppsy.
What i mean by this is that if you were to sell gold on ebay and had a small notice at the bottom or top of your sale items stating something like.
"Make sure you are aware of the difference between Grains and Grams when buying gold off ebay" in a bold red font, anyone that looks at your item will instantly want to educate themselves on the different measurements.

This way you reach a larger target audience rather then the person that just won the bid.
Anyhoo good luck with it :)

Cheers

rarebreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanakers Thu 23 Feb 2012, 11:45 am

I don't know if anyones noticed but, there are some ads that just say for instance " 5 g, instead of 5 gms or 5 grains and you just know that these arseholes are doing it deliberatly.
Kanakers
Kanakers

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:17 pm

To all that buy things on E bay Or GumTree

I check all things I get so I don't get Ripped Off

The internet is full of people trying to Ripp people off

If Stoppsy said he was trying to help people out then till proven GUILTY that is What I will beleve

f##k the Knockers

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:19 pm

Oldfart wrote:To all fellow members,

I cannot believe all the fucking ass kissers that have shown there support.

You hang shit on other people on this forum about other forums for not allowing freedom of speech and back slapping, well kiss my ass you fucking pack of hypocrite's.

After a heated discussion about a bloke making good money by selling something deceptive, this bloke then tries to cash in. With no explanation in the item description box of his add as to what he is doing, he gets caught by a fellow member ( not me ). He then makes up some piss poor excuse about helping people, if wanted to fucking help we would have posted it in the add??

There are laws called deceptive advertising, and that is exactly what he is doing, and to all the other pullers don't tell me that we sell gold here in Aus as grains, get real and get your hand off it.
I'm sure this will get edited under the so called freedom of speech so I will make a copy of it and post it on the next forum I join. Probably go back to Doug's forum at least they are consistent in their moderation.

To the mods on this site, I thought it was going to be better than the rest, maybe just to much pissing in each others pocket and protection

Save ya the trouble Pete

Oldfart
well there you go, i thought you had said you didn't call me a lier? what i was going to do was just evey bidder was going to get a message from me asking if they new what they had bidded on. the reason was because THEY DON"T READ WHAT HAS BEEN WROTE DOWN FROM THE SELLER OR THIS SHIT WOULDN"T BE HAPPENING......this is why i didn't have anything put down in the box about grains and grams.... why would i stuff my ebay up for? once you get bad feed back that stuffs you up for selling anything else...go back to the pub and have a chill pill or go and listen to some music...or go for a detect mate

cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:26 pm

Again i think its up to Buyer Beware,some guys may be trying it on but i dont agree that all are
in this case, how many think that every place they spend money at isn't in the game of skinnin ya
for all they can get away with cause thats just plain old business my friends...

Now if its a mate your tryin to fleece thats just a c@nt act and deserves a slappin.

Look some may agree and some may not on this topic but thats life bla bla bla.

When it comes to shit talkin like our old past mate "Oldfart" just did and abused every member
and the admin here, all i say is Bye Bye clown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

Cheers to that! drunken

I back you 100% Stoppsy,
That gold is hard won gold mate,and if want to sell it in Grains,go for it Bloke.
Nothing Farken deceptive about that,and if they dont read the add properly and pay too much,stiff shit.
Dont listen to the shit c*nts and run the add mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

stoppsy wrote:it's a try out as it was getting talked about on another forum, there was a person who posted on ebay they posted the oz, grains,grams ect. i said that i'll try it out and if it sells i'm going to tell the buyer that if he took any note that the gold was in grains not grams. if it goes way over gold price i'll be giving them money back to make the nugget the right price. i sold one a few days ago in grams so i could see if they took any note that this is in grains.

in away it's just trying to see if buys on ebay know what they are buying after what has been happening the last few weeks , and try and help them understand what grains, grams, oz ect is all about... i don't wont people to be getting ripped off and stuff the market of gold on ebay.
cheers
stoppsy

I didn't start this thread to belittle you Stoppsy. I just wanted to understand your thinking.
Btw, the current spot price for one gram-that's the approximate weight of your nugget-is $55.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan2010 Thu 23 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

I reckon Dougs F**kWit Forum is the Best place for Idiots like "Oldfart" Laughing
Good Riddance!! cheers
Evan2010
Evan2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Thu 23 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

Your doing the right thing Stoppsy. If you do also put in red down the bottom, what the difference is between grains and grams that would help many people who dont bid, they will just read it and google the difference.
Theres some deceptive people on ebay, and i always read the add twice b4 i bid. Some sell in G so i ask if its grams or grains to save confusion.
G is always grams but it always pays to double check.

Old fart needs a liverpool kiss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:23 pm

a message i got from a ebay member and my reply

member off ebay
I know you donot want any bids.
What is the weight of your nugg?

me

i'm not sur if that message went through... it's 15 grains wich is 1 gram. i was hoping to get some bids so with each bidder i was going to see if they know what they had bidded on. the reason is there's been some gold getting sold a silly prices, so i thought this would have been the way to do it so they know what they are buying later on down the track. if the nugget sold i was going to give the money back to the winner and would have just paid the right price for it... i hope this makes sence
the reason i stopped the action was a person on a gold forum went a bit silly and thought i was doing wrong and just after the money

cheers
stoppsy

ps, so if i can tell 1 person from ebay that's a start.

Last edited by stoppsy on Thu 23 Feb 2012, 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:50 pm

10/10 stoppsy Very Happy now ged on the Rum mate Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next