Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning gold

5 posters

Go down

Cleaning gold Empty Cleaning gold

Post by gcause Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

This was just posted on another forum so sorry for the cross post but thought others might want to know about this.

Aldi are having a special on Ultrasonic Cleaners for $25.

Here is a review of the unit.

They use it to clean bullet casings. They add a squirt of dishwashing liquid as per the manual but also add 1tsp Cream of Tartar to the water.

http://www.shooting.com.au/forum/index.php?/topic/10587-review-visage-aldi-ultrasonic-cleaner/

Back to top Go down

Cleaning gold Empty Re: Cleaning gold

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:45 pm

yeah that looks like it would be pretty awesome! might have a look and see if I can pick one of these up!

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by gcause Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:09 pm

Word of warning dont put anything made of aluminium into an ultrasonic cleaner.

They use this to test the effectiveness of the cleaner as it will break down the aluminium.

Here is an example of the test being carried out using aluminium foil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryBVlIoLULk&feature=related

Back to top Go down

Post by nvchris Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:14 am

Before and after using an sonic cleaner and vinegar. Took about a half hour.
Cleaning gold IMG_0812
Cleaning gold IMG_0821
nvchris
nvchris

Back to top Go down

Post by madtuna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:28 am

I've had one of the Aldi cleaners for a few years now and it's a quality bit of gear and works extremely well. I'd highly reccommend it.

Also, as per most Aldi "good" specials, numbers are usualy very limited so get in early.
If you see a few and can afford it, be a good samaritan and grab a bunch, they are not in all stores and you'll shift them in no time via the forums to those that missed out.
madtuna
madtuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2012, 4:59 am

madtuna wrote:I've had one of the Aldi cleaners for a few years now and it's a quality bit of gear and works extremely well. I'd highly reccommend it.

Also, as per most Aldi "good" specials, numbers are usualy very limited so get in early.
If you see a few and can afford it, be a good samaritan and grab a bunch, they are not in all stores and you'll shift them in no time via the forums to those that missed out.

Good advice 'Tuna.

I picked one up about 3 months ago and it works a treat.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:18 am

Grabbed 2 yesterday, and they had dozens at the Bribie island Aldi.
Mine wont last long its cleaned anything i can jam into it, Laughing
And everything has come up a treat. Even rusty coins found on the beach, and a 40 year old door key came up like new.

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:47 am

try putting your sunglasses in it, told it works well
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaw Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:08 am

Yep sunnies already done, and reading glasses aswell..
Works on dentures too, but i was always a good boy and brushed regularly, and still have my own choppers..

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:45 am

hi nvchris, i have a question, the white soil on the nuggets, did they come from salt lakes, here in vic gold is found in soil that colour but its very deep cheers stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by gcause Sun 05 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

Just picked up mine from Chermside Aldi, they have it on a pallet at the back of the store, they must be selling well as the pallet was only half full whereas the other products on pallets were all full.

Now to go try her out and see what she can do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Feb 2012, 5:45 pm

We dont have Aldi stores in WA Cleaning gold 4066623196 Cleaning gold 4066623196 so we just toss the gold away when its too grubby lookin lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum