Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 MUSTER

+15
NuggieDreamer
Vivace
Moneybox
shorty
Flatlander
Logic
Bignuggs
Hopperite
frick41
gold n beer
david dj
mulgadansa
Chiv
captain101
martinjsto
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

2019 MUSTER Empty 2019 MUSTER

Post by martinjsto Wed 06 Feb 2019, 12:02 pm

Hi all,
getting in early as i do, for this seasons annual muster,
last years muster up at Doolgunna was a great success due to all the wonderful people who attended, it was great to meet the new members as well as catch up with all the old faithfuls. a great time was had by all and some nice gold found.

The admins of Detecting West Australian Gold would like to thank you all for your diligence with the prospecting guide lines. no rubbish was left behind, all gates left as they were found, all holes filled in, keeping clear of homesteads and minimal track damage, well done everyone.
I would also encourage you all to keep on top of your 40E obligations of reporting, it may be late but still ensure you have reported your finds as he sheer amount of information supplied to the lease holders of gold discovered ETC provides them with targeted exploration areas yielding better returns on their investment so by completing 40E reports its a win win situation for all.

Anyone interested please start dropping suggestions of places and time frames for the 2019 muster, we usually do 1st August to 8th but im open to suggestions.  
I have a few places in mind but would like to encourage others to participate and maybe lease holders to offer their leases for some quality exploration.
There is still heaps of great gold still to be found in WA, its a massive place and gold turns up in the most unlikely places as i have discovered over the last few years.
over to you....
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

2019 MUSTER Empty Re: 2019 MUSTER

Post by martinjsto Sun 17 Mar 2019, 10:28 am

ok..... 138 views and no one has any ideas for locations or time frames.
so i will get the show started by booking our muster date and no surprises here, start on Saturday August 3rd till Saturday August 10th.
looking at areas N/E or S/E Sandstone, anyone have any info on the area around

Booylgoo Springs -
Sandstone WA 6639

some nice looking pending ground through there
any other suggestions will be appreciated
cheers
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JustScratching Mon 18 Mar 2019, 4:41 pm

Hi Martin,
Although it is still a little while off my wife and I are keen. We intend to be a bit further North in July and this could be made to fit into our plans. We cannot give a firm commitment at this stage but please keep us in mind.

Best regards
JS

JustScratching

Back to top Go down

2019 MUSTER Empty muster 2019

Post by captain101 Tue 19 Mar 2019, 5:20 pm

Hi Martin,
very keen to participate. please put me on the list.
I have wanted to attend of on these for years however commitments have stopped me.

regards
captain

captain101

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Wed 20 Mar 2019, 6:22 pm

Hi Martin,
I’m up for the muster again this year, hope you did well in the Pilbara late last year. Look forward to catching up
With all coming along
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by david dj Thu 21 Mar 2019, 12:24 pm

Hi Martin
We have been to Sandstone a few times, but not in that area. With all that pending ground there, maybe it should be worth trying.

david dj

Back to top Go down

Post by LITTLEGEM Thu 21 Mar 2019, 8:22 pm

Hi Martin, we cannot commit at the moment given Bob's health. Is it possible to leave it to the last minute to advise you of our attendance. Cheers Joan

LITTLEGEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Logic Sat 30 Mar 2019, 10:10 am

Certainly interested in coming this year via Lake Eyre on the way..On my calendar
Jill

Logic

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Sat 30 Mar 2019, 10:17 pm

Hi Jill this will be my 2nd muster and will be great too meet other dirt scratchers
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Logic Wed 03 Apr 2019, 4:31 am

Have minelab 4500 .. also have Garrett ATX which I’ll probably sell as I prefer 4500.. is the 4500 adequate for soil etc? Is an SDC2300 superfluous .. which detectors are being used by others?

Logic

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 03 Apr 2019, 12:32 pm

looks like were in for a good muster for 2019:cheers: cheers cheers . some regulars and some new people.
Seems like NE sandstone could be productive ground so I will narrow down areas and access as we get closer to the muster.
all maps, camps sites, tracks information will be available about 4 weeks prior (or earlier as available by prior arrangement) to allow 40e permits if desired. these will be available for members who have confirmed their attendance unless by arrangement with admin, we want to keep the area for the muster so i wont be publicly posting maps etc. to receive the information you will need to PM me.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 03 Apr 2019, 12:37 pm

Logic wrote:Have minelab 4500 .. also have Garrett ATX which I’ll probably sell as I prefer 4500.. is the 4500 adequate for soil etc? Is an SDC2300 superfluous .. which detectors are being used by others?

Hi logic,
a gpx4500 is a great machine especially when paired up with a elite coil. I also do love the SDC and find it has its unique place in the arsenal. mine has led me to good patches a few times.
the ATX can have a place too, especially near high emi areas such as minesites, electric fences and overhead powerlines but i dont encounter many of those issues in the field here in wa anyway. me i would sell it for a sdc anyday.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by david dj Wed 03 Apr 2019, 12:46 pm

Hi Martin looking forward to the muster this year
John and Sue

david dj

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 03 Apr 2019, 8:57 pm

Hi All,
After missing last years muster I'm busting to get out again.  Unfortunately due to getting old I can't commit at this stage but, my Wonder Dog does need to meet some future meals lol!
Cheers and beers and I'll crawl there if I have too  2019 MUSTER 1472621687

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Logic Thu 04 Apr 2019, 10:03 am

Hi Martin.. thank you for your advice.. yes I have been meaning to put the ATX up for sale but now I’ll do it. Had an SDC and traded for 4500. At the time I would loved to have been able to keep both. Will be around Victorian goldfields until mid July and head over.

Logic

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv Sat 27 Apr 2019, 11:08 am

Hi all,
Keen for this years muster, as missed out on last years one. will confirm with pm to you Martin bit later on as till waiting on date for canning stock route trip that suppose to be in august some time
Thanks
Danny

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Thu 02 May 2019, 10:42 pm

Martin, that's very close to home, you're tempting me scratch

We'll be a long way from home but our other 40e might just about be done by then Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 08 May 2019, 9:14 am

hi all,
i attempted to visit the location a few weeks ago but it was the wettest i have ever seen it out from yalgoo to sandstone and beyond so i wasnt able to explore the tracks etc. see update bellow

Last edited by martinjsto on Tue 28 May 2019, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update info bellow)

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LITTLEGEM Thu 09 May 2019, 10:10 pm

Thanks Martin,  we hope to get there this year.  Is it possible to post co.ordinates of area where you suggest we meet. Many thanks for all your input. Bob & Joan

LITTLEGEM

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 11 May 2019, 12:10 am

no worries joan, im investigating a spot that may be a better choice so will let you know soon
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LITTLEGEM Sat 11 May 2019, 4:15 pm

Thanks Martin, much appreciated. Bob & Joan

LITTLEGEM

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Tue 14 May 2019, 5:36 am

Gday Martin
Count me in please.
Van friendly site?
Cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 14 May 2019, 11:09 am

will do Brett,
cheers
Very Happy

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 28 May 2019, 5:06 pm

ok update to muster, time frame is the same but it looks like we can get permission to detect on a couple of large great leases aprox 50km NE of sandstone. the lease owners would like attendance info a few weeks prior to muster so please PM me.
I will get all permission docs sorted and will just need standard 40E info from you all, ie car and caravan rego;s, miners right and APLA numbers, and personal details and we will all need to do a report for the lease owners as usual.
this ground is an extension to the sandstone greenstone belt well known for its gold and will be on ground that has minimal detectors over it so some good gold will be found.
looking forward to seeing you all again and please pm me your details so i can get the ball rolling.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Tue 28 May 2019, 9:25 pm

Good job Martin,sounds like good ground I’ll pm dets tomorrow
Cheers Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down