Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Balls

5 posters

Go down

Blue Balls Empty Blue Balls

Post by pilko Tue 09 Jan 2018, 7:20 am

For the one or two of you that have been following the Blue Balls story in GG&T.....I got it up and running late yesterday and
put a vid up so you can see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxDzvxBPB6o

pilko

Back to top Go down

Blue Balls Empty Re: Blue Balls

Post by Ian226 Tue 09 Jan 2018, 7:30 am

Hi Tony
Great to see it finally finished and operational really nice job. Blue Balls 1424279845
Ian

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Tue 09 Jan 2018, 8:56 am

Tony, Have you given it a test run, looks to be spinning a tad fast, retention time would be a problem?

Blue Balls Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko Tue 09 Jan 2018, 11:41 am

Hi Guy's, this was only the first time I started the motor with the mill attached. There's a LONG way to go before it's operational.
At the moment I'm just running in the seals on the bearing blocks and generally seeing how things are working. I have more frame work to do under the front end of the motor as well as some safety gaurds. The impact crusher needs to be plumbed in but that's no biggy. Once everything is in place I'll charge it up with balls and that will be the real test to see how it goes. Peter, target RPM's will be around 36...I haven't measured it yet to see what it's doing as I will need to use higher revs and a lower gear once the balls are in...I think???

Thanks for your interest.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 09 Jan 2018, 2:45 pm

Hi Tony

Looks great man got to love seeing her come to life after grafting away
What's the plan for the recovery side knelson or table?

Cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by pilko Tue 09 Jan 2018, 3:13 pm

G'day Tom,

Not 100% as I'm governed buy money (as most are). I fully restored a mineral cone in anticipation to use that but as I'm only running gravity I don't think it will be efficient enough. This plant is being built to be mobile and so tables whilst good, can be a little temperamental....My preferred option is centrifuge...the one I'm looking at is from the US called a Neffco Bowl....an improved version of a knudson as far as I can tell. They come it at around 8k which is a lot...but can be very little in the long run if they bring the recovery up a bit. At least that's the line I'm spinning to Lisa at the moment.

pilko

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Tue 09 Jan 2018, 9:20 pm

nice work Tony, I am jealous. kwdf

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down