Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

google earth -geo maps

5 posters

Go down

google earth -geo maps Empty google earth -geo maps

Post by joe007 Mon 16 Jan 2017, 5:37 pm

Hi all Is it possible to overlay google earth over WA Geomaps any advice would be greatly appreaciated. regards JOE confused confused

joe007

Back to top Go down

google earth -geo maps Empty Re: google earth -geo maps

Post by Flouro Tue 17 Jan 2017, 4:35 pm

Hi Joe,

It's the other way round, WA Geomaps are overlaid onto Google Earth easily just google it but the way round that you want to go...don't know

Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

google earth -geo maps Empty Google earth -geomaps

Post by joe007 Tue 17 Jan 2017, 4:51 pm

HI Ron thanks for that. I suppose I was half right, ill google it and see how I go. NOT realy computer savy Many thanks JOE Very Happy

joe007

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Tue 17 Jan 2017, 7:36 pm

Hi Ron.I tried a while back to do the overlay but could not get the images ( scale wise to line up ).
I am a bit like Joe,not too good with the computor.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Wed 18 Jan 2017, 9:10 am

Hi Guys,

Jeez, it wasn't easy for me either, from memory I had to download the total map off the forum with all the explanatory bits around the edge and put in a new file in "my pictures" in my computer

I then opened my programme that came with one of our cameras and photo shopped it, that is I had to trim all the edges off so that there was just the geo map....taking note of the exact coords of the corners so that you can use these to line up on Google Earth

This resized (trimmed ) picture is then placed into the file in "my pictures"alongside the original ...now we can recall both of these pictures by going into my pictures in your computer and bring them up at any time

Now this is where the memory is fading..a quick look on the ie should find the answers but I think you open GE and you can proceed to upload your resized pictures with cords onto GE

Let us know if you want more help

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Wed 18 Jan 2017, 9:19 am

Hi All,

As a footnote, go into GEOVIEW and you can bring up all the geo maps of WA and overlay granted and pending leases also old mines roads also sat picture of the exact spot, only trouble is getting this out bush where you need it

Cheers Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

google earth -geo maps Empty Google earth- geomaps

Post by joe007 Wed 18 Jan 2017, 3:01 pm

Hi Ron thanks for that info .Would I be correct in assuming that the geo view is a download from the DMP ?, and this is  a sat image the same as google earth?   Thanks JOE Very Happy Very Happy

joe007

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Wed 18 Jan 2017, 7:01 pm

Thanks Ron,much appreciated.I will give the overlay another go.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Wed 18 Jan 2017, 7:59 pm

I have been using this of late and love it. If you got to layers you can overlay mining information such as tenements and mindex. Its a langate tool, I find myself using this more than anything else.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Thu 19 Jan 2017, 8:10 am

Hi mada,

I used to use Locate but they changed things a while back and I havnt been able to open the site since, the sat pictures were a lot better

Hi Joe,

Just type in Geoview in your search engine window and follow promps, you will most likely have to download Silver....., its a bit harder to learn but way better

Cheers,Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

google earth -geo maps Empty Google earth geomaps

Post by joe007 Thu 19 Jan 2017, 11:44 am

Thanks Ron ,     Ill give it a go. It only took me about 6 months to learn geomap Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes ..It will be like starting all over again cheers JOE Very Happy Very Happy

joe007

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Fri 20 Jan 2017, 5:03 pm

You will find 'Locate' here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ted

HAVE WHEELS WILL TRAVEL
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Fri 20 Jan 2017, 8:57 pm

Hi Topcat,

Thanks, every time I opened it I got error, it was compatibility view, I had to turn them off....all good now

Th

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum