Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heading out again

+4
BIG GEM
Nightjar
Scrubby
Bignuggs
8 posters

Go down

Heading out again Empty Heading out again

Post by Bignuggs Fri 16 Sep 2016, 7:54 am

Me and the dawg are leaving late tonight and heading to the Cue area for some fun. The weather looks good up there now so it'll be good to get out of the metro for awhile.
We'll be in the caravan park for a few days so if ya in the area drop in and say hello.
Cheers
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Heading out again Empty Re: Heading out again

Post by Scrubby Fri 16 Sep 2016, 2:58 pm

I can recommend either site number 8 or 15, both are very handy to the amenities and you have the park`s resident mechanic next door should you need him, possibly for starting problems with the Nissan, or maybe for just an informative yarn.          Heading out again 3179412840

Good luck mate.

Scrubby

Scrubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 16 Sep 2016, 6:04 pm

Ya cheeky old bugger  lol!
If the mechanic is still there, I might have to change plans and camp out in the bush  Razz   I couldn't take more of that man anymore   Evil or Very Mad   Heading out again 3179412840
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri 16 Sep 2016, 7:55 pm

Good luck Bignuggs.
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Fri 16 Sep 2016, 8:07 pm

Hi Cliff, goid luck in Cue and surrounding areas. Keep yourself and beautiful Oscar safe and good luck finding more gold. We are in Leonora for APLA AGM. Martin & Karen are here also. Keep,safe out there. Bob & Joan

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Fri 16 Sep 2016, 10:11 pm

Bignuggs, if you get bored over in Cue, you could slip down the Day Dawn road and turn right just before the day Dawn Dam. Drive up around the waste dump and turn right onto the Water Supply track. When you get to the first fence turn right and drive down the dirt track about 5 or 600 meters till you come to the creek system. During my 9 years in Cue I found a little patch there detecting from the creek back for about 100 meters and about 50 or so meters from the fence. I Chained it out and got about 20 plus bits of 2 to 4 grams. I only did that area of about 100 by 50 metres and there must be a few more bits there. That is only one of many good spots I stumbled on around 1989 - 1999. I also had some good luck around the old golf club on the southern side of the creek system.
Good luck mate.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by gut feeling Sat 17 Sep 2016, 1:55 am

Heyya Cliff, Change of plans ..be in Northampton end of this week coming. Then might divert to cue . will let you know how we go Very Happy
gut feeling
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 18 Sep 2016, 9:18 pm

What a waste of time that was.  I actually left home early Saturday morning got to Cue in the late arvo.  Oscar the wonder dog whinged and moaned all night in the caravan park so my next door neighbours left  lol!
Sunday morning I got 3 hours detecting done only to find the mongrel found out how to get his muzzle and harness off so I couldn't have him running around free.
So back to the park, pack up and come home and I came home to bloody rain.  The weather in Cue is brilliant, bit cool at night but the days are nice and warm.
Maybe go back in a months time when the nugget sniffer is a bit older.
9.15pm and I'm now having a beer or three  Razz
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 19 Sep 2016, 1:20 pm

Only took 1 photo and that was of the mongrel once I got his harness and muzzle back on him.
Warren, some interesting ground where we were and I'll give ya the details later, I gotta get back there.  Might have to leave the dog in the vehicle next time so he doesn't get free.

Heading out again Best10
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gut feeling Mon 19 Sep 2016, 5:36 pm

Hey Cliff .. be in cue 22nd thurs for a while .. be camped out in the park doing day trips if ya head back.... Very Happy Very Happy
gut feeling
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Tue 20 Sep 2016, 12:15 pm

He is going to be a big boy Cliff looking at the size of his feet now!where you get that muzzle he looks like hanniball off silence of the lambs -poor dog -LOL-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 21 Sep 2016, 9:46 am

When new people see him, they always comment about the size of his feet and his thick front legs.  He's a handful now and a strong little bugger.  He is always sniffing the ground so the muzzle has to stay on, might have to gaffa tape it to his head  Razz
Hannibal would be a good name for him, he loves fresh meat and lots of it   lol!   he farts well too, he can stink my jayco out real quick    affraid

Heading out again Best210
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Wed 21 Sep 2016, 9:25 pm

I can lip read dogs and he is saying, " Please give me a T-bone".
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Thu 22 Sep 2016, 7:17 am

There is no doubt what this dog is saying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF45ReaFSYs

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Thu 22 Sep 2016, 9:46 am

Good one pebbles, maybe I was in the right area, just the wrong paddock. That's not unusual as I do it all the time when trying for sniff a piece.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 22 Sep 2016, 2:52 pm

Young Simmo wrote:I can lip read dogs and he is saying, " Please give me a T-bone".

A T-bone would be a quick snack lol! give him a lump of roo tail and it disappears real quick, bone and all  Razz

The sod wakes me up at 5am every morning without fail and he wants breakfast and I'm sure he's trying to tell me to give him a full side of beef  Razz
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu 22 Sep 2016, 4:03 pm

Cliff,
We had a Labrador who could smell a mouses fart at 50 metres. He could flick his muzzle (one like yours) until we bought a "flick proof one. He was still able to drink but could NOT pick up any snacks, especially "baits."
He contracted cancer three years ago at age of 14 and we had him put to sleep.
If you are ever down Waikiki way give me a call and the muzzle is yours.
One buckle on the collar and it's fixed in place, no other straps to do up.
*** You maybe able to see in photos there are multiple holes so you can adjust to suit your dogs head. Drill out the existing pop rivets, adjust and re-rivet.***
Heading out again Muzzle%20004

Heading out again Muzzle%20005
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 22 Sep 2016, 6:33 pm

Thanks Peter. Good looking muzzle. It'll be a few weeks before I'm heading to Mandurah area so I'll take you up on the offer.
I usually head down that way on a Sunday but I'll drop you a PM for a day that's fits in with yourself.
Cheers
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Fri 23 Sep 2016, 12:22 pm

I have a border collie that does the same thing Cliff-wakes me at 5.30am every day for her tucker -I figure she is checking to see if I karked it during the night in which case I become tucker-Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 23 Sep 2016, 2:06 pm

I've now got a 15mm scar running down my nose coz I refused to get up this morning at 5am.
WHACK and take that  Heading out again 3179412840  the mongrel   Heading out again 1472621687

Heading out again 20160911
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum