Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check your location when detecting

4 posters

Go down

Check your location when detecting Empty Check your location when detecting

Post by cruiser1 Mon 04 Jul 2016, 7:20 pm

Make sure you have studied tenegrath when out in the scrub.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-04/detectives-seize-stolen-gold-kalgoorlie/7566796

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Check your location when detecting Empty Re: Check your location when detecting

Post by Shaz Mon 04 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm

It's good that people like this are finally being stopped, lease holders are getting sick of prospectors just doing what they please.

Shaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Sat 24 Sep 2016, 4:50 pm

So is this saying I can not go out looking for old coins and jewellery? It sure is becoming a sick world when station owners don't want you to find gold that they are too lazy to get themselves. And mining companies don't want you to get the tiny little bits they will never find.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Sat 24 Sep 2016, 8:05 pm

Young Simmo wrote:So is this saying I can not go out looking for old coins and jewellery? It sure is becoming a sick world when station owners don't want you to find gold that they are too lazy to get themselves. And mining companies don't want you to get the tiny little bits they will never find.

What it means is you can't just go detecting on someones lease without permission. if you do, it is stealing, plain and simple.

You're obviously concerned about your rights being eroded so I'm guessing you're a current member of APLA. After all, they are the people out there trying to defend your rights. They may give you a more appropriate view of the law as it stands at the moment.

Just remember, when you finally come across that big patch, on ground that your are allowed to detect on, you'll be looking for some sort of protection from people plundering "your" gold.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Sat 24 Sep 2016, 8:28 pm

I have no idea what APLA is , but I do know that from 1978 till 1998 I detected from Marvel Lock to Nullagine and everywhere in between. All I did was walk out of the door and turn on my detector and enjoyed myself. Now it seems to be a nightmare. The next thing I will need is a permit to walk across Scarborough Beach.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Sat 24 Sep 2016, 8:41 pm

Good onya mate! Things change, albeit slowly. If you don't keep up, you get left behind. Sad
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Simmo Sat 24 Sep 2016, 9:13 pm

Yeh mate, I might have 1 or 2 more little sorties left in me out to my favourite spot Cue, where I went to for a 2 year project and stayed 9 years. I have had a brand new Fisher Gold Bug DP sitting in the cupboard for about 18 months, so it is time for action not talk.
Cheers..,...Simmo.
Young Simmo
Young Simmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down