Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A couple of lessons learned.

+3
Bignuggs
bluedog
Moneybox
7 posters

Go down

A couple of lessons learned. Empty A couple of lessons learned.

Post by Moneybox Fri 20 May 2016, 10:21 pm

I got the 4500 with the 14" Elite and wished I could afford a small coil but after having it in the field I'm quite happy. I'll surly need a small one if we get in amongst the spinifex or tight bushes but so far it's been good.

First lesson was that just because the SDC can't find anything it doesn't mean that it's all gone. The first day out I had 15 pieces with the 4500 and Sandra hadn't opened the account yet with the SDC. We took most of the little stuff last time.

A couple of lessons learned. Gold_810
Three and a half days near Meekatharra.

The second lesson was that if you drag a chain when detecting around a tree you improve your chances of a bloody good signal around the other side  Laughing

The 4500 found a lot more than the SDC but that might be because we got all the surface bits last year and the SDC can't see more than about 75mm down out there. Most of the places we end up are quite open and the 14" coil sure covers a lot of ground quickly.

Back to top Go down

A couple of lessons learned. Empty Re: A couple of lessons learned.

Post by bluedog Sat 21 May 2016, 5:02 am

Hey moneybox nice gold good to see it's still about if you look Very Happy
Cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 21 May 2016, 4:16 pm

Good stuff Phil and Sandra will have to lift her game now Very Happy
cheers

PS. got a little bottle for ya Sandra. I have no idea what is was probably used for.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 22 May 2016, 8:53 pm

Bignuggs wrote:Good stuff Phil and Sandra will have to lift her game now Very Happy
cheers

PS.  got a little bottle for ya Sandra.  I have no idea what is was probably used for.

HaHa, Thanks Cliff, that's enough to make her get along to the muster Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by AuWanderer Mon 23 May 2016, 2:19 am

Great combo 14" Elite with the ML4500.....nice gold.
AuWanderer
AuWanderer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Tue 24 May 2016, 11:55 am

Excellent gold guys Very Happy well done kwdf

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 24 May 2016, 6:47 pm

Quote:
"and the SDC can't see more than about 75mm down out there."

still not convinced this is correct Phill, i have found heaps of pieces of a gram or less at around 300mm with the SDC and so has karen. and have you seen this post?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
yes a big bit but found at 18 inches so she does punch deep just gotta learn to hear what she is telling ya.
I agree it does auto track and auto ground balance all the time but i dont believe it is at a cost of depth,
just my opinion.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 24 May 2016, 11:44 pm

martinjsto wrote:
Quote:
"and the SDC can't see more than about 75mm down out there."

still not convinced this is correct Phill, i have found heaps of pieces of a gram or less at around 300mm with the SDC and so has karen. and have you seen this post?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
yes a big bit but found at 18 inches so she does punch deep just gotta learn to hear what she is telling ya.
I agree it does auto track and auto ground balance all the time but i dont believe it is at a cost of depth,
just my opinion.
cheers

Yeah what can you say when CrazyPete comes up with a piece like that. However I still don't think the SDC can get down in that noisy red soil near Meekatharra. We had two guys there with 7000's and they agreed that they were limited to about 200mm in depth on that same patch.

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 27 May 2016, 6:49 pm

definately Phil, the ground can limit most machines penetration. its about getting the most out of where you are with the machine you have and in some places you may not get very deep due to the noisy ground but that goes for all machines. they are definitely not a 7K or a ATX and should not be compared to them either. we are north of meeka ATM Phil, I picked up 44 bits today for 10.57g, deepest was about 9 inches. I run her on max and she is noisy but the gold signal is clear,

A couple of lessons learned. 20160510

A couple of lessons learned. 20160511

cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Fri 27 May 2016, 6:55 pm

Very nice Martin, wish we were there,
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Fri 27 May 2016, 10:14 pm

Martin sage words brother and BTW very very nice gold, that'll come up a treat after the usual bath.

I got some great gossip tonight but i don't gossip myself, but it was GOLDEN GOSSIP re the SDC Wink

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sat 28 May 2016, 10:08 am

Wow Martin that's a great haul. We're still in Denham waiting for one of my brothers and his wife to arrive from Cape Palmerston. They are about three weeks late and most of the family have already left. We pull out of the house here on Monday. Nic and Trevor towed the last two boats out this morning so most of the fishing is done. I'll let you know what's happening when we pull out of here. We had planned on making it to the APLA and DEWAG meetings but with a big group of family plans are not all that clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 28 May 2016, 9:07 pm

CrazyPete wrote:Martin sage words brother and BTW very very nice gold, that'll come up a treat after the usual bath.

I got some great gossip tonight but i don't gossip myself, but it was GOLDEN GOSSIP re the SDC Wink

cheers Pete. we will wash them once we are home. reading between the lines looks like the SDC has scored big time again. interesting to hear the story someday.

Phil we will be heading up towards newman over the next 10 days stopping off at any pending ground that has indicators of gold but its a leisurely trip with no commitments to worry about so hopefully plenty of the good stuff to come.
i was tinkering with the SDC today due to the false signals we both have experienced when swinging, usually hearing it on the start of the backswing. i discovered a few things. one check the cable connector inside the shaft and ensure it is tight. secondly slow the swing down especially towards the end and you must keep the coil level especially when running on 5, i twist my wrist ever so slightly. dropping to 4 will help a bit but i found that if you hold down that little green button that seems to do nothing, whilst swinging it sometimes helps heaps at one time it eliminated the noise altogether.

not much you can do when waiting for family traveling so far but wait it out especially when its 10 yrs between visits i guess. anyway good travels and we will see you again soon if at the muster.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum