Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

coiltek 18 inch mono elite.......

5 posters

Go down

coiltek 18 inch mono elite....... Empty coiltek 18 inch mono elite.......

Post by wilddog Fri 01 Jan 2016, 10:49 am

Has anyone tried it yet? Any good.

wilddog

Back to top Go down

coiltek 18 inch mono elite....... Empty Re: coiltek 18 inch mono elite.......

Post by wilddog Sun 10 Jan 2016, 11:49 am

Actually, i dont think its out yet, being tested

wilddog

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sun 10 Jan 2016, 8:26 pm

I believe it will be released late January.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mxt Sniper Wed 20 Jan 2016, 8:29 am

I found this a couple days ago on Youtube, must be a Coiltek tester with a 18" Elite mono. Looks like it finds sub gram gold easy enough, was surprised, now we only need to know how much deeper it goes than current coils of same size.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Mxt Sniper Wed 24 Feb 2016, 9:13 am

Release date for the Elite 18" mono recently posted by Coiltek is March 16th.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuggethill Tue 22 Mar 2016, 10:06 pm

The coil was released yesterday 22/03/16
and mines in the mail hope to get it Friday or Monday
it's a shame I'm stuck in Sydney for another month
Sorry forgot it was Easter so next week some time

Last edited by nuggethill on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put in Easter)
nuggethill
nuggethill

Back to top Go down

Post by Mxt Sniper Thu 24 Mar 2016, 12:34 am

Let us know how that 18" pans out on the deeper targets.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuggethill Thu 24 Mar 2016, 4:58 am

I'll let you know but I'm not in the gold fields at the moment will be in the next couple of weeks

Last edited by nuggethill on Thu 24 Mar 2016, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
nuggethill
nuggethill

Back to top Go down

Post by Mxt Sniper Thu 24 Mar 2016, 5:49 am

Great much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuggethill Thu 24 Mar 2016, 9:09 pm

I came to-day and now I need to set it up on the 5000
blessed it with my lucky nugget hjjo
now where's the gold wegr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol!
nuggethill
nuggethill

Back to top Go down

coiltek 18 inch mono elite....... Empty Coiltek 18" mono elite

Post by Ian226 Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:34 pm

Hi all had opportunity to test the 18" mono elite coil for a week thanks to my mate Steve.

First impression it is bloody heavy and weighed in 100gms more than my Commander 15 x 12 coil so it requires a heavy duty bungee cord.
On turning on the start up was quieter but clear. I went to a previous patch and gave it a swing and it covers open ground very well. I hit a target which again sounded different but very clear. It was a 4.7g flatish nugget at around 6".
After a couple of hours I changed to a 16" nugget finder coil as the weight did end up taking it out on my shoulder.

Next day in the arvo I detected 2 small nuggets on side of hill and ground below was looking deep so gave the Elite another go first thing next morning. The hill had all types of mineralisation from nil to very heavy. The coil handled the light to medium better than the other coils and was quieter to run.
With the heavy mineralisation no different as it just screamed every swing, even when lifted a foot off the ground. No further gold was found that day.

Second last day just on knock off I detected a 5.9g around the 8" mark below some scrapings so again decided that in the morning I would give the coil another go. Whilst struggling with checking in medium undergrowth I push coil under bush and hit a small branch which pushed the coil downwards and I got a slight variation in threshold that did sound like ground noise with the knocking of the coil.
I removed branch and swung coil best I could as it was right up against a bush and sure enough a change in the threshold was there but so slight I believed it was ground noise. Scrapped about an inch off surface and no change to the signal, so took a chance and removed 3 more inches and sure enough signal improved. Result was a 1.8g nugget at 8". It was detected with edge of coil as I could not get in over it due main trunk of shrub.
This really impressed me. Later came across a scrap about 1.5" deep likely someone had found a nugget just did not fill it in. Waived coil over it and another nice sweet response happened. Yep another '3 down 4 more inches.

All up the coil is very nice to use, very clear signals and covers open ground with ease and I do believe it will find deep gold, and as stated earlier it's main drawback is the weight. For those whom more senior in age and/or have trouble with shoulders it will be a struggle for them however if Coiltek can get it lighter they will have a formidable coil. Hope this helps those contemplating of getting a coil.
Regards Ian

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by nuggethill Thu 27 Oct 2016, 6:52 am

Yes I agree with Ian it's a very heavy coil to swing
so I swung it for about 2 hours a day that's all I could manage
it also picked up the steel in my hip quiet well when I swung the coil to the left
so I had to advance like I was swinging a sword LOL
I found very little gold on this trip but things my improve next time I'm out
cheers Harry
nuggethill
nuggethill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down