Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devils Dice

4 posters

Go down

Devils Dice  Empty Devils Dice

Post by Golditch Mon 06 Jul 2015, 8:15 pm

Hey there , was wondering if there is any knowledge out there about Devils dice ?

Golditch

Back to top Go down

Devils Dice  Empty Re: Devils Dice

Post by Nightjar Tue 07 Jul 2015, 8:31 am

Google has pages of info, this is an example.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nightjar on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : attach link)

Devils Dice  Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:45 am

Golditch wrote:Hey there , was wondering if there is any knowledge out there about Devils dice ?

Sandra has a few about 8mm cubic hidden amongst her collection. You have to handle them gently because they continue to break down to smaller cubes. We found them on top of the mullock heap at Nannine. I had to smash them out of a big granite rock. We also saw lots of iron pyrites at Reedys but no free cubes.

We've also got some cubic iron about 10-12mm, also called devils dice but they are black and smooth to touch. We found these at Halls Creek and Mertondale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Golditch Tue 07 Jul 2015, 8:39 pm

Thanks for the replys , just found some lately that are square / rectangle shape and some naturally cut like a square beveled cut stone. I will try and add some photos soon . Was wondering if it's any indicator of gold ?

Golditch

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 07 Jul 2015, 8:55 pm

Well I'm not experienced enough to answer that. Gold came from each place we found them but I can't tell you if that's a sign. The shiny gold coloured cubic crystals are quite fragile and totally different to the cubic iron. The cubic iron ones are just like square lumps of steel.

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm

It does seem it could be an indicator of gold ground as I found them in a patch near Ruby bore, Doolgunna [ not Ruby well ] & a couple of others in the Pilbara. All the devils dice were iron & about 10 mm cubed.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Golditch Tue 28 Jul 2015, 8:23 pm

Thanks for the discussion and info guys! It all helps as we never stop learning they say !!

Golditch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum