Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW Coiltek Coil

+3
NuggieDreamer
martinjsto
Bignuggs
7 posters

Go down

NEW Coiltek Coil Empty NEW Coiltek Coil

Post by Bignuggs Sun 26 Apr 2015, 4:10 pm

I see it's now available from MinersDen for $450
Are there any reports to show the capabilities of this coil.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW Coiltek Coil Empty Re: NEW Coiltek Coil

Post by martinjsto Sun 26 Apr 2015, 5:24 pm

ive had one under trial for the last trip recently to cue. it is a great coil but due to the wet soil it did suffer from noise, every other coil was also noisy, thats the only negative. the elite is very sensitive and finds small gold at good depth but consequently if the ground is bad like it was in que you get a lot of noise. a few others tested the coil in dry soil up in the pilbara b4 it rained and had great results. the one impressive feature was that it picked up species that had tiny bits of gold in it, something the 5k usually overlooks, i will be taking it to sandstone in a few weeks for another test but IMO its a great coil well worth the money and a lot cheaper than the 7k.
martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Sun 26 Apr 2015, 5:43 pm

Cliff - here's my notes on this particular coil...

The official release date for the new 14" Mono Elite Camouflage coil is 27th April 2015.

"We won't be producing coils for the GPZ but this new coil will breathe new life into the GPX series
Suits and optimises the Minelab SD / GP / GPX detector performance".
Tests have provided greater sensitivity - small nuggets up to 12” in depth when compared to achieving 1-2” greater depth than the standard 14" Mono by Coiltek.
- Extremely sensitive and quiet in operation
- Sharp and bright response to targets
- Water resistant
- Deep searcher
- Weighs 1130grams or 40 ounces
- Innovative internal litz mono winding method

“Just heard of a 92.2g (3 ouncer) found with the 14" Mono Elite in Victoria. 23" down in a heavily detected area”.
Coiltek Manufacturing (Facebook)

- Posted Reviews -
"They are a great coil, had a demo one out for a weekend with Hermann Steffen and Graham Ashton a few weeks back. Both put their names down for one. Didn't test it against the Goldstalker but did against the Nuggetfinder 14" and 12" adv. on an ugly 1oz. Put it at a depth where the 12" NF just couldn't get it and the 14" NF would only pull you up if gridding or knew it was there. It gave a clear signal that there was something there on the first swing using the Elite. It gave my GPZ a good run as the main diff was the smoother threshold on the Z running audio smoothing high, signal being very clear even quite a few inches above the ground whereas the Elite dropped off a bit quicker. I was impressed with the Elite as it did run nice and quiet on the 5000 so I might even have to get one".
Mariusz Godecki

"I had the opportunity over the Easter weekend to test the new Coiltek 14" Mono Elite coil on my GPX5000. The coil ground balanced quickly and was stable and quiet. I was working on rocky ground and the coil didn't false when hitting rocks or being pushed under bushes. I found the coil to be extremely sensitive to small nuggets at depth. I located a 0.5gm nugget at 250mm and a 1.4gm nugget at 300mm. Nuggets down to 0.03gms were recovered. The new coil clearly indicated a 0.5 nugget that the standard 14” mono didn't recognise. I am very impressed with the new 14" Mono Elite it will now become my go to coil for this type of ground".
Trevor Clark

"Gave the coil a work out at the most well known "Patch" not far from Karratha today. This area has seen every detector known to man over the last few years. The coil run quiet in some of the noisiest ground around but was easily effected by train noise and EMI spikes that also effected all our other detectors today.
We tested a number of targets found by the SDC and 7000 to see how the Elite went on the 5000.
Changed a couple of settings from yesterday, upped the stabiliser to 10 and gain to 15. Signal clarity on any target was very good and like yesterday it picked up surprisingly small targets for a 14inch coil.
Highlight for the day was a nice target picked up by Ktown on the 7000. We run the elite over the undug target and clearly could pick up a signal. We continued using the elite an'd unearthed a nice speci from a depth of over 12 inches. The depth and signal response was a welcome surprise for both of us.
Targeting was no issue with this coil but we did notice that the most sensitive areas of the coil were from 8 to 11 and 1 to 4 O'clock.
Is this the answer for all us GPX owners who are not ready to part with the cash and upgrade?
I am not sure yet! It is a damm good coil from what we have seen so far. I don't think its going to make my 5000 magically transform into a 7000!
Will I buy one?
Yes!"
K-Town (Karratha)
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Sun 26 Apr 2015, 6:29 pm

Had a look at one last week

I havent bought a coil for the 5 since the day I bought it
end of 2012

But Im keen to get this one......!
Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:40 am

seriously thinking about this one as well,
consensus is more sensitivity on the fly shite and a little extra depth on a std 14" mono may have to deal with more ground noise??
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mxt Sniper Thu 07 May 2015, 11:05 pm

Both my hunting partner and I just ordered and got the new 14" Elite mono, hope to give it a good go June 1st for a week in Northern Nevada in some good areas.

Last edited by Mxt Sniper on Thu 28 May 2015, 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Mxt Sniper
Mxt Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 08 May 2015, 12:14 am

io see nuggetfinder are also releasing a new 14 inch coil in july, i will wait and see now b4 buying the coiltek,
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mxt Sniper Fri 08 May 2015, 12:21 am

Coiltek is building several different sizes of coils with this same new woven leitz wire technology as we speak.
Mxt Sniper
Mxt Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Fri 08 May 2015, 7:59 am

martinjsto wrote:io see nuggetfinder are also releasing a new 14 inch coil in july, i will wait and see now b4 buying the coiltek,

Yes I just seen a photo of it

It's a solid coil

Orangy coloured
Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Fri 08 May 2015, 9:07 am

martinjsto wrote:io see nuggetfinder are also releasing a new 14 inch coil in july, i will wait and see now b4 buying the coiltek,

Obviously NF's know their current 14" coil range isn't as good as the new Coiltek if they are bringing out a new model to match it...
so, even if you have bought a Coiltek Elite Camo, I wouldn't sweat it. But isn't it great that the GPX still has some life in it yet.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Fri 08 May 2015, 11:37 am

Deet has definitely shaken them up all good for us punters eh
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Fri 08 May 2015, 12:45 pm

sure is Tom, nice to have options that boost the 5k's performance. interesting times ahead.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boulder Sun 10 May 2015, 8:50 pm

NuggieDreamer wrote:

"I had the opportunity over the Easter weekend to test the new Coiltek 14" Mono Elite coil on my GPX5000. The coil ground balanced quickly and was stable and quiet. I was working on rocky ground and the coil didn't false when hitting rocks or being pushed under bushes. I found the coil to be extremely sensitive to small nuggets at depth. I located a 0.5gm nugget at 250mm and a 1.4gm nugget at 300mm. Nuggets down to 0.03gms were recovered. The new coil clearly indicated a 0.5 nugget that the standard 14” mono didn't recognise. I am very impressed with the new 14" Mono Elite it will now become my go to coil for this type of ground".
Trevor Clark  

I don't think its going to make my 5000 magically transform into a 7000!
Will I buy one?
Yes!"
K-Town (Karratha)

If we are to believe those depths on the 0.5gm and 1.4gm nuggets stated by Trevor Clark then that is impressive and life left for my 5000.
Shame a 7000 was not present to do a comparison.

Last edited by Boulder on Sun 10 May 2015, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

Boulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down