Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easter almost here

+7
CrazyPete
Gold Diver
goldstrijk
Bignuggs
Flying kiwi
Metamorphic
Doofus
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Easter almost here Empty Easter almost here

Post by Doofus Tue 10 Mar 2015, 3:37 pm

For those WA people who have the 7000 and are getting out maybe at Easter, all the best.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying we need to see lots of pics and video of your finds and your reviews on the new machine.  cheers
I'd like to hear from the non experts and what you think.
You have spent the money to buy it, now lets hear what you have to say.

Last edited by Doofus on Tue 10 Mar 2015, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more added)
Doofus
Doofus

Back to top Go down

Easter almost here Empty Re: Easter almost here

Post by Doofus Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:48 pm

Easter is getting close and I see no one has answered my post. thats ok.
so i guess i should ask the question, how many WA people have the 7000 and are getting out at easter ??
I'm like a lot of other people, I'm not a milionaire but I'm relyin on reports. so I'm hopin I can get and honest report from a user, a non pro user.
attack me all ya like, I'm sick of the BS about this machine.
I want to know, is it worth th emoney, yes or no, its a simple question.

Doofus
Doofus

Back to top Go down

Post by Metamorphic Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:52 pm

Buy one and find out for yourself!

Or hire.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Doofus Mon 16 Mar 2015, 8:15 pm

Thanks for you response Meta but it doens't help one bit.
I couldn't see anyone hiring the machine here in WA just yet.
and to say just go an buy one isn't helpful.
Let me remind people it's $10,700
thank ain't chicken feed in anyones language unless people in Vic are paid a hell of a lot more than us mere mortals in WA.
and we dont all work in the bloody gold mines makeing big dollars to spend on what seems like a piece of shite.
Doofus
Doofus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 5:42 am

I hear your frustration Doofus, as I can also see that there's little hard evidence on the performance of the 7000 as yet, just lots of smoke and mirrors, its still too early and hot for most of the prospecting fraternity to be on the ground at this time, Easter has been still very hot some years so people tend to get away a bit later on, but then a couple of people I have spoken to are telling me that the 7000 is the "ducks guts" but as yet have not received their machines and even had them on the ground as yet Suspect

Maybe by end of next month there will be a lot more feedback and honest opinion on this machine, and I sincerely hope it lives up to the hype as I said previously have owned and used almost every model minelab machine produced, and would be disappointed if it does not, but at present I am perplexed at the release of this machine, and the price also, for what is largely an unknown item, anyway time will tell. scratch

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 17 Mar 2015, 8:36 am

hey bro at the end of the days its a metal detector not really worth attacking anyone about.
ive got an open mind and will keep an open mind on it, have not seen any reports yet that make it a must have for me. but I wont be bagging it either as I haven't used one.
being a completely new platform it will take a while for the operator to work out where the advantage lays and then exploit it.

cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:01 am

it'll be a wait and see game for me too as I'm hoping it will put a spark back in me.
but I have to agree, it's a lot of money.
let's hope some of our forum members who have the machine get some good finds and give a good report about it's performance here in our goldfields.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:53 am

Well I finally got mine about a week ago, been busy learning the menu etc., setting up the Pro45 harness
Found it works best for me having both the "J" struts in place and also utilising the hipstick, feels very well balanced weight wise
One thing that amazed me was, I have power lines around my house and how the Z ran after a noise cancel, very impressive. The 5k would have been howling
Can't wait to get out there and give it a go kwdf

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Diver Tue 17 Mar 2015, 2:31 pm

Just the way Minelab have set it up makes me want one.
It was about time they brought it into the modern age.
Nothing worse than being 20km from home on a motorbike and she starts to rain. Water proof, bloody good idea.
Can't wait for your review Goldstrijk?

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Tue 17 Mar 2015, 3:21 pm

Pete - whack ya 11"DD on the 5k and do the same test "ie" press auto tune button
and then can ya post up your results here mate Very Happy
I think a lot of users are forgettin the EMI cancelling quality of a DD coil seeing as we've been Mono freaks since the 45k came out.

cheers mate Wink

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Diver Tue 17 Mar 2015, 3:27 pm

Not pushing whites, but look at their little PI SPP detector they sell for $1299. Great bang for the buck, and no EMI.

https://youtu.be/dXsXguYFjLw

I heard that whites is coming out with a new muti-frequency detector this year, it will be interesting to see if it will be PI.

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 5:21 pm

CrazyPete wrote:Pete -  whack ya 11"DD on the 5k and do the same test "ie" press auto tune button
and then can ya post up your results here mate Very Happy
I think a lot of users are forgettin the EMI cancelling quality of a DD coil seeing as we've been Mono freaks since the 45k came out.

cheers mate Wink

That's a fact, prior to the 4500 on machines up to the 3500 that I had I used a mix of dd and mono coils, changing from mono to dd when EMI was high or the ground became too noisy to work, and I found consistent gold with both types of coils, what a lot of operators forget is the key to hearing those deep feint targets is to get the machine to run as quietly and stable as possible allowing the target signal to stand out enough to be recognised. Wink

Lazy operators don't change coils often enough to see what best suits the ground type they are on or to suit the atmospheric conditions on the day, the change of a coil and tweaking of the controls can make the difference to getting or not getting gold, I know people who will use the same coil for weeks on end, where as I might use 3 or 4 coils in the same time and change them two or three times in the day as conditions dictate. scratch

The 7000 coil is a dd coil and would of course run quietly, the difference seems to be that it has an increase in sensitivity that the earlier dd coils didn't have, which of course has to be a plus, but the first hand user feedback that I have received says that yes its very quiet and capable enough to find small gold, but its a heavy machine to use and unfortunately this is going to be fine if you are young and strong but us old farts are going to find it tiresome. Easter almost here 2655572557

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Tue 17 Mar 2015, 6:30 pm

I would Pete if I had a DD coil
Can't remember ever getting one scratch scratch scratch Easter almost here 2517112348 Easter almost here 3179412840

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Tue 17 Mar 2015, 7:19 pm

goldstrijk wrote:I would Pete if I had a DD coil
Can't remember ever getting one scratch scratch scratch Easter almost here 2517112348 Easter almost here 3179412840

That must have been some dodgee salesman spank at that PP store in them days Cloggie!
you got ripped off ol fella, if you paid full quid, the 5000 was sold with both coils where I got mine... Rolling Eyes
kwdf

I've found the DD an awesome coil for the beach, hooks & 1g sinkers over 0.5m.hjjo
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by norwest gold Tue 17 Mar 2015, 7:26 pm

I think you will find most gpz users are keeping quiet as the longer there is people sitting on the fence the less gpz's out there are on the goldfields and therefor more gold to help pay for them I have been pretty open in speaking for the zeds performance so far as I feel sharing a little info is what forums are about, yesterday we added another 7 oz bit to the 12 oz piece from last week( video on u tube) , we have paid for our 3 zeds in the first month we have owned them.
Sooner or later you have to either just bite the bullet or continue to sit on the fence wondering what if.
Also would like to mention we are not rich and we each had to finance our detectors to be able to afford them, we took a risk and for us it has paid off so far.
Happy hunting mick

norwest gold

Back to top Go down

Post by UTBN Tue 17 Mar 2015, 7:33 pm

I can say without a word of doubt the 7000 is an awesome detctor. It leaves the 45 and 5 for dead. In fact no comparison. Theres a lot of crap being said and that's all it is.

UTBN

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Tue 17 Mar 2015, 7:37 pm

norwest gold wrote:I think you will find most gpz users are keeping quiet as the longer there is people sitting on the fence  the less gpz's out there are on the goldfields and therefor more gold to help pay for them  I have been pretty open in speaking for the zeds performance so far as I feel sharing a little info is what forums are about, yesterday we added another 7 oz bit to the 12 oz piece from last week( video on u tube) , we have paid for our 3 zeds in the first month we have owned them.
Sooner or later you have to either just bite the bullet or continue to sit on the fence wondering what if.
Also would like to mention we are not rich and we each had to finance our detectors to be able to afford them, we took a risk and for us it has paid off so far.
Happy hunting mick

Well done Mick... I think you sum it up mate. If you own a 7K and know the where abouts of some deep gold spots, all you don't want to see is another 7k machine if they are working for ya. Thankyou for sharing your honesty. Oh yeah, and try to leave a few bits for us who are still saving for the new machine. Problem is, the next model will probably come out before half of us can afford one without taking a risk on a second mortgage.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Diver Tue 17 Mar 2015, 9:02 pm

I think Goldstrijk just got excited

Gold Diver

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Wed 18 Mar 2015, 6:28 am

Gold Diver wrote:I think Goldstrijk just got excited
Your dead right Mark! With all that has been said for and against the Zed, just got to bite the bullet and do it
Minelab has always come up with the goods. Twisted Evil l;wfh

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 Wed 18 Mar 2015, 9:26 am

Well I finally got mine about a week ago, been busy learning the menu etc., setting up the Pro45 harness
Found it works best for me having both the "J" struts in place and also utilising the hipstick, feels very well balanced weight wise
Goldstrijk
I only got the one J' srtut with my harness,do they come with two?
Can't say I think much of it, just can not get comfortable with it, the lower back tends to ache after a few hours.

Last edited by homer08 on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to idenify original poster)

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Wed 18 Mar 2015, 9:35 am

Hi Homer08
I got two with mine, RH and LH, I found I would still use the hipstick with it as well

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by norwest gold Wed 18 Mar 2015, 9:37 am

Back aches are normal I can't swing more than 90 minutes without having to stop for a 10min break the harness does come with2 j struts but you only fit one to the side you swing from fitting both makes it more difficult/ uncomfortable to swing

norwest gold

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk Wed 18 Mar 2015, 9:43 am

I've got both in because I was going to use the centralising harness
I will try with the LH one removed, still experimenting Razz

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Metamorphic Sun 22 Mar 2015, 12:29 am

Doofus wrote:Thanks for you response Meta but it doens't help one bit.
I couldn't see anyone hiring the machine here in WA just yet.
and to say just go an buy one isn't helpful.
Let me remind people it's $10,700
thank ain't chicken feed in anyones language unless people in Vic are paid a hell of a lot more than us mere mortals in WA.
and we dont all work in the bloody gold mines makeing big dollars to spend on what seems like a piece of shite.

Doof what would you like me to say?

You can ask till the cows come home mate, but you will only get opinions of others.....whats good for some, doesnt mean is good for all yeh?

Hiring makes perfect sense if you would actually like to get out into the field and do some personal testing for yourself to see what you actually think of it, without outlaying the big $$

If your looking for a guarantee in finding gold, your mistaken. Nothing will give you that, but if you want my view these machines are a game changer!

As others have stated, they are league's ahead of anything else you can currently buy.

Now whether you want to spend the money or not, thats entirely up to you.

If you can only get out a few times a year then maybe its a huge expense yes, but remember some of us do this for a living to put food on the table. It makes sense to give ourselves the best possible chance in the areas we work hard to research and get too.

Mad keen golfers spend 10k on the best set of clubs.....mad keen fishermen spend 10k on a tinny no probs.....mad keen prospectors spend 10k on the best detector!

Best of luck with your choice Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doofus Sun 22 Mar 2015, 5:24 pm

Meta, I am not asking you to say anything you don't believe to be true.
I'm still not convinced about this machine but I have chosen to take a chance.
I'll be spending big dollars on a piece of equipment that is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.
I'm about to find out.
Doofus
Doofus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next