Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 7000 Feedback - Treasure Talk

+8
Nightjar
Tkinggold
mulgadansa
Flying kiwi
Ttrash
Bignuggs
Wedgetail
Banjo
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GPZ 7000 Feedback - Treasure Talk Empty GPZ 7000 Feedback - Treasure Talk

Post by Banjo Wed 18 Feb 2015, 7:21 am

http://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk

Steve and Chris reporting on the 7000, hopefully JP can grace us with his presence soon to give some feedback of his own.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 Feedback - Treasure Talk Empty Re: GPZ 7000 Feedback - Treasure Talk

Post by Wedgetail Wed 18 Feb 2015, 11:55 am

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,doesn't really tell us much that we didn't already suspect. More data pls. Depth?

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 18 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm

There was one interesting thing I noted and it will be extremely interesting what price is placed on an after market accessory.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Wed 18 Feb 2015, 5:07 pm

They both make the point, without actually saying it, that if the ground isn't deep enough then a 4500/5000 has probably cleared out the patch. So there's a tip right there that this 7000 is probably better suited to virgin patch hunting in most areas of WA. The 7000 needs feeds on deep ground.

Next is that it does find similar gold to those fine species that I had last year. Hmmm,,,,,,,might have to go back there?? I reckon this machine will clean out the bulk of "economic" gold WA in most known locations. After that it's patch hunting all over again. I usually wait a year to buy a new machine but not with this little baby.

This is the game "all over, red rover". If this 7000 doesn't find it, then nothing will.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 18 Feb 2015, 5:17 pm

Ok Les, in your honest opinion, will this new machine lead to a new world of gold finds or not.
We have only read stories so far but no video evidence of the actual digging on targets.
At $10,700 a lot of people seem to be relying on the machine instead of research to get away from areas already done.
sure they always say, they don't get all the gold but, will this new machine come up with the goods.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttrash Wed 18 Feb 2015, 5:22 pm

Bit more here from Chris

Quotes from Reno Chris
" It's an excellent detector, but is not a miracle machine and not everyone who buys one will instantly go out and find many pounds of nuggets."

"The most extreme out performance over the 5000 is on mossy, wiry, porous or prickly types of gold"

"I will also say that while the GPZ will outperform the 5000 on really big gold at depth, its my honest (opinion). My experience is that with solid, medium-size gold say two to 10 pennyweight, (3 to 15 grams) in milder soils such as is more common here in the states, the GPX will outperform but not in a huge way."

"Although some people will complain that the threshold is warbly, I would rather have full control of my machine then have the manufacturer dumb it down in advance to make the threshold quiet."

????
Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 5:38 pm

I reckon Reno Chris should come up here to the Pilbara and do some actual tests but I reckon we will just have to see what JP and a couple of other aussie detectives have to say. Good or bad.

wish we had milder ground up here..maybe that's why all the big iron ore producers are here in the Pilbara.

geez I only need to find 1 piece of big deep gold. I'm not greedy.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 18 Feb 2015, 5:54 pm

Is it possible the 7000 will be a killer on deeper ground.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 18 Feb 2015, 6:53 pm

I recon a place like mainland would be ideal - rich patch that huge amounts have been pulled over the years but the ground is hot as BIF running down into deep salty flats

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Wed 18 Feb 2015, 7:48 pm

Gday FK
I guess u're talking about Lake Austin? My 1st thoughts about this new rig was "this could get a guernsey at Nannine". Big deep gold in absolutely crap conditions, guess Austin is the same.
cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Wed 18 Feb 2015, 8:05 pm

Yep

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Wed 18 Feb 2015, 8:51 pm

Those two areas were my first thought as well. Those and Kurnalpi near Kal. I well remember the tales from two of "The 12 Disciples" when the "non-retail" SD 2000s were raping Australia. I saw the photos,,,,,,,pehew!!

But as for "The Island" I'd be careful. Late in 2013 year, I spoke to the guy that owns it now and he wouldn't be happy to see intruders. I was looking for somewhere DEEP to test that scientists new gear, remember? But maybe the same at "The Mainland", but I dunno who has it these days. I do know the people that pushed it way back when the 2200 was the go. They used a BIG Cat FE loader and they knew what they were doing as they were doing for a living and stayed there for years. You'd need it to be real deep ground on the Mainland itself for it to be fruitful. The lake's a different matter. I once saw some "drill" results a few years back of hand auger work (yes it was a HAND AUGER) of tests done across the lake done in the 60s, from the old boiler to the north end at the "Sandy Knob". At the south end the salt/clay/mud was 12 feet deep. So plenty of depth there,,,,,,,,BUT,,,,,towards the Sandy Knob and The Mainland it was ,,,,,,,,,98 FEET deep to the gravel on the bottom of the lake!! I kid you not. So the edge of the lake is a place to try the 7000. But you'll need to beat me there! BTW - the lake is 95% Exploration Licence, so Sect 40e and fill yer boots. Lake Austin is hugely deep fault that resembles a valley if you could dig it all out to the caprock.

Nannine is another spot that would be good but again, all those tenements that appear to belong to GMK Exploration who are or were, the subject of a buyout late last year so I dunno who owns it nowadays - confusions reigns with that one. Plus, both areas are the hottest BIF and iron laterites that I have ever worked on - screaming, headache HOT.

I've had sleepless nights trying to come up with an idea for Lake Annean (Nannine) and Lake Austin. Nothing yet.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Tkinggold Wed 18 Feb 2015, 9:09 pm

Metals X bought all the Nanine tenements of GMK, the DMP just haven't done the name transfer yet.
Make sure you get permission of the pastoral lease holder there, he has heaps of cattle in there at the moment and is sick of all the grey nomads camped there disrupting them, so has been trying to get rid of them.
Also the northern edge of lake Austin has gates there with f@$k off signs blocking the track to get down to the EL you mentioned. I wouldn't go there without permission anyway as it's a private holder, not a company last time I looked.

Tkinggold

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Wed 18 Feb 2015, 9:17 pm

Bignuggs wrote:Ok Les, in your honest opinion, will this new machine lead to a new world of gold finds or not.
We have only read stories so far but no video evidence of the actual digging on targets.
At $10,700 a lot of people seem to be relying on the machine instead of research to get away from areas already done.
sure they always say, they don't get all the gold but, will this new machine come up with the goods.

I reckon it will result in new patches because of the devastating combo of the quiet, sensitivity of the 2300 combined with the deep punch in hot ground of a GPX 5000 + "40%". It has to be a winner in that respect. BUT - "will it find heaps n heaps on old patches"? No, is my honest answer. It will get more off old patches IF the ground was either very hot, deeper than usual or very small gold. The reason is the GPX 4500 and 5000 were so good, they didn't leave much. I know that from pushing ground that they've been over. The 7000 doesn't seem to me to represent the two massive quantum leap in technologies of the last decades. The first was the Garret machines in the 60s and then the huge gap between VLF machines of all types and pulse induction machines that we see today. When the SD2000 hit the streets it revealed so much remaining gold that it was a gobsmacker.

Doing more research and working close to old areas but looking for the "right" ground on fault lines will be the thing that reaps rewards. But you'll still get fuel money and maybe a bit more from an old patch with this 7000. Time will reveal all, when JP gets here and Ray tests his 7000 against a 5000. I wish I could be there.

Last edited by Wedgetail on Wed 18 Feb 2015, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Wed 18 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm

Tkinggold wrote:Metals X bought all the Nanine tenements of GMK, the DMP just haven't done the name transfer yet.
Make sure you get permission of the pastoral lease holder there, he has heaps of cattle in there at the moment and is sick of all the grey nomads camped there disrupting them, so has been trying to get rid of them.
Also the northern edge of lake Austin has gates there with f@$k off signs blocking the track to get down to the EL you mentioned.  I wouldn't go there without permission anyway as it's a private holder, not a company last time I looked.

Thanks for the tip about "Metals X', that's put me out of a real good deal!! A mate of mine had a deal with GMK after lodging forfeits on the ground. Looks like that fell through and I'm out on me ear! Bugger eh! Ah well, there's a few others around.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Porter Thu 19 Feb 2015, 3:42 am

Here you go......

http://www.minelab.com/aus/treasure-talk/introducing-the-gpz-7000

JP

Jonathan Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 19 Feb 2015, 7:10 am

looks like the gaging order has been lifted, thanks for your input JP

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Thu 19 Feb 2015, 7:13 am

yep mainland is pegged and active fair bit of pending ground / EL around it.
Les how about a Dredge Yukon style for those lakes? would cost more than $600 to get that past the DMP What a Face

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Thu 19 Feb 2015, 7:35 am

Flying kiwi wrote:yep mainland is pegged and active fair bit of pending ground / EL around it.
Les how about a Dredge Yukon style for those lakes? would cost more than $600 to get that past the DMP What a Face

FK,

That idea was tried about 50 something years ago, could be even longer. If you drive up the track from the bitumen to the West of The Island, as you go up the ridge or spine of The Island, you'll see an old float thing with an old Ruston Dorman Long engine on it. That was a dredge that was built specifically for dredging the lake. It wasn't successful. I used to have sleepless nights trying to work out a way of getting the gold out of that lake. There must be millions of dollars worth sitting on the bottom. (I've done years of research on Nannine and The Island; they were my pet projects for years along with Duketon)

Some company was gonna try another dredge idea back around the 80s and the costings came out at 20 to 30 million dollars to dredge Lake Austin. There was too much risk for the investors as there were no guarantees. It never went ahead. The big issue is that the clay is like "baby poop" and it sticks like it too. You'd need a lot of water to break it up before running it through a sluice. The surface water is irregular but the water table is only about two metres down in the clay. My thoughts - The gold eventually drops through the clay layer and it'd be sitting on the lake bottom which is greenstone cap. It'd be a very messy job.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Thu 19 Feb 2015, 8:28 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:Here you go......

JP

cheers JP cheers

Banjo

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 Feedback - Treasure Talk Empty 7000 - treasure talk

Post by Ttrash Thu 19 Feb 2015, 8:31 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:Here you go......

JP

Thanks JP

Appears to have great capabilities on varied conditions & all depths .

Looking forward to footage , hopefully showing live comparisons with

2300 , 5000 & 7000 ..... cheers

Ttrash
Ttrash

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Thu 19 Feb 2015, 9:09 am

Thanks JP, also looking forward to seeing actual results working WA ground.
Ray, when are you taking a few fellas maybe Sheila's out for a test run?

GPZ 7000 Feedback - Treasure Talk Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Thu 19 Feb 2015, 9:20 am

geez Nightjar, we want Ray sharp as a tack and operating the machine at it's optimum, we don't need any distractions Laughing

Might be a good abdominal workout for all of us though, sucking our guts in for a few hours we will all have six packs by the end of the session GPZ 7000 Feedback - Treasure Talk 3179412840

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Feb 2015, 9:33 am

they send mine couple over by camel and cart--they still arent here yet....maybe the plane went missing via china..

then i need to charge batteries...

waiting waiting

got to eat some lollies to calm me down...

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Thu 19 Feb 2015, 9:55 am

Well if Cloggsie doesnt have heart failure in anticipation before getting his GPZ on release day, I hope to get some video on a head to head shootout 2300 vs 7K vs 5K in hard to penetrate southern WA iron country soon, if I can get him away from cleaning out the place 1st. HD Hero charged ready to go...
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next