Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the gold bug

2 posters

Go down

the gold bug Empty the gold bug

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 11:23 am

well since it's way to hot and the gold bug is realy bitting i think a night run is the way to go. i have a great feeling about this run so the gear has been set up ready and one coil is getting left at home.... the 8".... it's time to work the bigger coils

the gold bug 00111

cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

the gold bug Empty Re: the gold bug

Post by Makaw Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:03 pm

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&q=unbrella+light#q=umbrella+light&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=6w4VT6zKKOWZiAeIsdxD&ved=0CFAQrQQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=796524c65575d64b&biw=1600&bih=728
Cant go past a LED unbrella light on the shaft...
they have spring loaded clamps in them that grip the shaft, and AAA batteries last days and days....
Makaw
Makaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

Good onyer Stoppsy thats the spirit mate, the small ones wont be goin no where.
Hope you bust a toe on a bewdy man.
Best of luck

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 7:31 pm

hope you get some :)

themrburns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 7:52 pm

bugger it didn't turn out the way i wonted it, with in the first 10 mins i picked up my 1st target 1.18 gram the biggest in my collecton and the 1st for the year. i found it with the 18" wich was bloody great, my mate picked up 3 for 6 grams wich was good to see, so there has to be more there so a few more outings to see how it goes.

the gold bug 00616

cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 8:32 pm

Good score man, that also saved ya digging 5 other holes
to get the same weight total. Very Happy

So this being probably the 1st time you have swung a large coil what are your feelings
and what settings did you try with it mate.

I bet one of the main things you first noticed was the shear amount of ground you was
covering in the time you swung it.

Cheers
Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 8:46 pm

CRAZY PETE wrote:Good score man, that also saved ya digging 5 other holes
to get the same weight total. Very Happy

So this being probably the 1st time you have swung a large coil what are your feelings
and what settings did you try with it mate.

I bet one of the main things you first noticed was the shear amount of ground you was
covering in the time you swung it.

Cheers
Pete
it's not to bad of a pick up better than nothing. it was the first tim with an 18" and yeah it was good to use it, it was even better when i picked up the little nuggie. took a bit to get the pin pointing but got the hang off it pretty quick. i had goldstalkers settings he showed me and then i went from enhance to nornal, as the sun was going down i could up the gain and that wich was good. it was good to cover so much geound in a small amount off time. there's a spot with a heap off little shrubs that the 8" will get into but that can wait until i have found the bigger bits.

i'll go to my old spot and pick up one or two bits then put the big coil on and hit the new spot i think.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 17 Jan 2012, 8:51 pm

They are getting bigger. Make the next one the 1oz club.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 8:58 pm

i'm not far from it in the little stuff does that count lol! i do hope it happens sometime this year.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:02 pm

Not sure if the little ones piled on the scales count Razz ya deadly with the machine, keep lookin coz I know you will find it and I wanna see it Very Happy
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

bugger i'll melt it into one big nuggie and then will that count? lol! i'll be posting for sure when or if i find that big one i think eveyone will know when i do find it.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:16 pm

Razz Razz might have to turn a blind eye. Lets think about it, ya next pic just might be the biggie lol!
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2012, 6:32 am

Don't fret about the big one Stoppsy. If ya walk over it you'll find it. Sh#t... how's that for logic? Shocked Shocked Shocked
M8, it's the number of ounces the bits add up to that count. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jan 2012, 6:54 am

right to the point lol! i got my AI coil today so i can get under these power lines that havn't been touched with a coil, should be fun. i put the coil on the 45 and turn it on and ran smooth as i couldn't believe it.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum