Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quad Bike

5 posters

Go down

Quad Bike Empty Quad Bike

Post by Flouro Mon 26 Jan 2015, 5:30 pm

Hi All,

Goin to Perth tomorrow to look at a couple of 250cc quads, ones the Raptor and the other a Fury...40 bloody degrees drivin around Perth...oh well

We have had a chinese 150cc quad that has let us down no end, but you get what you pay for and it was an early model, they have learnt a lot in 5-6 yrs, so here's hopin things are a little better

Water cooled 250cc with extra fan, disc brakes all round. a seat and handle bars , what more could you ask for

And before you jump in, I aint spendin $6-8,000 for a known brand..my loss

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Quad Bike Empty Re: Quad Bike

Post by salt-d Mon 26 Jan 2015, 5:59 pm

Hi Ron
Your question
Water cooled 250cc with extra fan, disc brakes all round. a seat and handle bars , what more could you ask for
Answer,. RELIALIBILTY . Laughing
The temp here in Queensland might not be as quite as high as over there BUT it's hot and bloody humid here at present. Cheers and enjoy Aussie Australia Day.
Peter
salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by ronybaby49 Mon 26 Jan 2015, 8:15 pm

Hi Ron, I wont waffle on but i bought a loncin wildcat 250cc from a mob in malaga. $3100 all up .has only done 130 k's but seems
to super reliable,and fairly comfortable. I believe that ray in karratha has serviced these as well.
new season coming up,keep finding ,keep safe....cheers ron..

ronybaby49

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Mon 26 Jan 2015, 9:01 pm

Hi Ron,

Yeh, like them to, price now I think is around $3.600, sort of the next level of bike for me...the 150cc I like as well but it has CVT and I won't go anywhere near one of them ever again

Pete,

Reliability, what's that, so long as I can fix it I would be happy

I don't think there is a bike that fits the bill perfectly, my choice would be a loncin 250cc but had a bad year so will have to wait

The Fury and Raptor 250cc have a gearbox and clutch as in not CVT tick

adjustable steering tick

Go from A to B and back again tick

Can get totally airbourne no tick

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by silverback Mon 26 Jan 2015, 9:40 pm

look around for a 150 Suzuki Quadrunner .Reliable as hell.
silverback
silverback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015, 1:39 am

People have been telling me that some of the later model Chinese and Jap knockoff quads have become quite good, are any of these close to as reliable as say a Honda or Yamaha, if you were going to buy one what would be the best choice and why?

I prefer to stick with what I know like the Honda but unless you buy new you can also get a troublesome machine that has been flogged, you never know what people have done with it before you get it, also I would tend to go with a farm style quad rather than a race style one, for one you get all the racking for carting your gear, but if its been used on a farm it may have had an easier life just getting someone from a to b, rather than being flogged around a racetrack or used for bush bashing.

au-fever

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by linlara Tue 27 Jan 2015, 9:57 am

Hi Ron,
Like Silverback we now have a 150 Quadrunner, like Silverback said reliable as all hell. Look around for one would be worth the wait.
Linlara

linlara

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Wed 28 Jan 2015, 7:39 am

Hi All,

Well that was fun, a Fury that I was interested in by a kid that found it too dangerous to ride still brand new had put the price up so didn't even bother checking that one out

Looked at a brand new one in shop and they wouldn't even start it up and when you sat on it you overlooked the ground in front of the wheels, it's 150mm higher in seat than other bikes, handlebars still at same height...pass

Back to shop in Malaga and started it up, sounded alright, manual choke, counterlevered swing Arm shocky mount, just like my CR125 bike has,nice soft long travel suspension unlike the farm quad of similar ilk which was like a brick and would travel on rocks like you had no suspension

All moving parts on front end had grease nipples, battery would go and a Glass Mat battery one of larger size being the only source of starting the bike would get replaced

Only downside was the wide front wheels and no means of starting other than battery or push start and no front rack

The Loncin 250cc had a lot of pluses even down to the pull start but its a lot larger bike and consequently a lot heavier

So.. now looking into Suzuki quadrunner 150cc and the battle continues

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 9:11 am

THE LONCIN HAS THE HONDA MOTOR IN IT from memory..we had the fury up here --sold a few but a few problems..

main thing is to drain the carby when not in use as they will gum up ...

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum