Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did you do on Australia Day

+5
Biggest Kev
Flouro
Flying kiwi
Bignuggs
cruiser1
9 posters

Go down

What did you do on Australia Day Empty What did you do on Australia Day

Post by cruiser1 Mon 26 Jan 2015, 12:35 pm

Decided to take Brian the pooch down to the local,beach that is.Back home to watch a bit of cricket then top it off with a barby and all accompanied with some fresh ale.
Not a bad life ah.

Cheers Phil
What did you do on Australia Day Austday009_zpsf39995df
What did you do on Australia Day Austday024_zps6c3fca0c
What did you do on Australia Day Austday026_zps7833d692
What did you do on Australia Day Austday043_zps61a082c7
What did you do on Australia Day Austday045_zps0201d0dd
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

What did you do on Australia Day Empty Re: What did you do on Australia Day

Post by Bignuggs Mon 26 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm

You are a handsome lookin fella in the pics Phil, not sure about the man who owns ya   lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Mon 26 Jan 2015, 12:58 pm

Onya Phil

We are on the road back to perth from albany
Currently stopped off in York for "refreshments" kwdf

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 26 Jan 2015, 3:27 pm

I've had a few coldies  What did you do on Australia Day 1214499189   lweg    and I was trying to have a nana nap   lol!
every time I nod off, the bloody phone rings.  Leave me alone Ray    What did you do on Australia Day 1472621687  get a new computer   What did you do on Australia Day 3179412840
Later on I'll cremate some snags and onions but I think I'll stick to the liquid diet   What did you do on Australia Day 1632602647

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flouro Mon 26 Jan 2015, 5:20 pm

G'day All,

Went crabbin in Harvey Estuary got our 20 crabs, it took 8 pulls of the ten nets(the missus's hands would be red raw) and wouldn't ya know it, the kids want some

All's good,all the best for Aussie day,

Ron,Sherri and Yoda

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Mon 26 Jan 2015, 9:17 pm

Nice pics Phil glad you had an enjoyable day, I spent the day pushing dirt off a waste dump but I can relax now as Ive got a week off.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Tue 27 Jan 2015, 8:53 am

We went down and set up on the highway they call a beach just north of Preston beach, spent the day there, I think most of the 4wds in WA had the same idea, had the lines in all day and not even 1 fish Sad very relaxing though and got home after dark.
Chris and June
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 27 Jan 2015, 1:49 pm

spent Australian day at the beach with the missus and my son and his girlfriend up at the Hut river mouth. too windy to fish but had a nice arvo. had to do a 200 mt sprint up sand dunes chasing a beach ball that got away, nearly killed me, kids recon it was the funniest thing seeing the old man disappearing over the dunes chasing a ball. lwkgh

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 27 Jan 2015, 3:23 pm

If ya kids are only toddlers then ya gotta go get that ball  Twisted Evil  bugger me it breaks their heart to see that ball blowing away at a million miles an hour.
Many years ago I tried swimming after one, I think it is has now reached England and is floating up the Thames   What did you do on Australia Day 1472621687  
Lesson Learnt: always have a spare   What did you do on Australia Day 79175053   What did you do on Australia Day 1632602647
but if they are teenagers, I know what I'd be saying and doing   Very Happy   get the bloody thing ya self     kwdf

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 27 Jan 2015, 6:28 pm

na there in there 20;s i was just the silly bugga that decided to get it and once committed i couldn't pull out and be seen as unfit as I am, although i did a good job at showing it anyway lol!

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 27 Jan 2015, 11:03 pm

I spent the day struggling to put 750kg of engine, gearbox and transfer case back in. It originally had a tilt cab but that was before we welded a bus body on the back.

What did you do on Australia Day Engine11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 7:07 am

a road train of jacks--different.

good luck with your next adventure.

At least all I had to do was to take the motor out of my ford explorer just to do the timing chains..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:12 pm

Thats one hell of a balancing feat there Moneybox

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:43 pm

Not kidding homer08,you wouldn`t want to sneeze.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Wed 28 Jan 2015, 3:46 pm

The whole assembly has to go in the bottom because there's just not enough space above. I've only got a 3.5T hoist so that took care of the rear end and the forklift did the front. Then I had to support the bus to free up the forklift for a few days. The 500kg transmission jack worked a treat holding about 2T but I put the forklift back under while I was working on the water tank repairs.

It's all back in now and im just connecting all the loose ends. So many bits and pieces and so little time. I welded 100mm from the little airbag air-hoses that go to the gauges. I heard a little fizzle like water leaking onto the weld. It was the 200psi air finding its way out through the little 1/8" hoses. Just another little job to replace a bundle of five hoses.

It looks like we're going to get away late anyway. I ordered new tyres through Interco in the states but their customer service is lacking a little. I called a few weeks later to see where my tyres were at because there was nothing showing on my CC statement. She hadn't sent them because she needed to confirm that it was ok to send them seperately instead of on a pallet. No email or phone call to let me know. The ship should land in Fremantle on 22nd of Feb and then we're in the hands of customs, quarantine and whoever else can keep us hanging on. The shipping agent says 7-10 days if all goes well. It doesn't look like we're leaving on 28th but that's when the house sitters are moving in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 8:17 pm

hi Phil,
I don't know why u don't change the hubs to a size that is redily available in Australia.

Get some new centres made and bobs yah uncle. there has to b an easier way.
Hope that the tyres u get from the States are suitable for aussie.--DOT stamped on them.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:56 pm

oneday wrote:hi Phil,
I don't know why u don't change the hubs to a size that is redily available in Australia.

Get some new centres made and bobs yah uncle. there has to b an easier way.
Hope that the tyres u get from the States are suitable for aussie.--DOT stamped on them.

regards
oneday

Ray I probably could have done better on my rim sizes but finding singles with some flotation is difficult for my 6000 kg GVM. These tyres have a 3640 lbs load rating and yes they are Dot marked. It's not as high a load rating as required but high enough considering we can never fully load the vehicle in its current configuration. They are tubeless split rims so as long as I have a reasonable tool kit I can patch them on the run. They also have beadlocks so I can run with very little inflation with absolutely no chance of rolling the tyre off the rim or having it move enough to deflate. It's not all bad but my supplier is a Yank and there lies the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down