Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great price and service on new radiators

5 posters

Go down

Great price and service on new radiators Empty Great price and service on new radiators

Post by CrazyPete Fri 02 Jan 2015, 9:56 am

If your in the market for a new radiator for whatever car you have i fully recommend this Ebay seller.
We have a 100 series Tojo and ordered a radiator from them on 23rd Dec, it arrived today (free postage) and it's a Bewdy.
Best local quote we could get was $400 cash deal just for supply, we went with this seller and got an original
Tojo radiator for $132 with free postage from Sydney.
Cant recommend them enough.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181117536012?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Pete

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Great price and service on new radiators Empty Re: Great price and service on new radiators

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jan 2015, 10:24 am

sounds good--so long as they have insurance if their radiator fails and u stuff your engine they will warrantee the replacement or repairs to your motor.

just like oil filters--if u can show that the aftermarket filter from say Repco failed and u stuffed your engine they will warrantee your motor.

keep an eye on your temp guage..no mater what radiator u have.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Great price and service on new radiators Empty Re: Great price and service on new radiators

Post by Banjo Fri 02 Jan 2015, 10:33 am

Some good mobs out there to deal with for sure, i needed a air con condenser a while back, after doing my research with online prices and checking trade prices back home with a guy i knew, i rang the local Repco and thought heck if i have to pay $150-$200 more so be it, well they wanted over $600 delivered for an aftermarket one and i would have to wait 2 weeks, this was the same unit that my mate could buy for $178 trade back in Newcastle.

I ended up getting one through Nationwide parts, $261 delivered, still 2 weeks to get here but saved a packet.

Definitely pays to do your homework.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jan 2015, 10:45 am

if it aint made by repco then its outsourced..pays to shop around..sometimes people want it now not 3 weeks time unfortunately.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 02 Jan 2015, 10:47 am

I stopped buying local years ago due to the ridiculous prices they ask here in the West. I can get all I want from the East cheaper and that includes freight.
Call me a traitor to local business if ya want but if I can save a heap of money on a purchase then my dollars head East.
And I read a news article a few weeks ago where the Fed Gov is being urged to take action about the online shopping business. I can't remember if it was the local or OS online shopping but do remember seeing something about the GST component.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jan 2015, 10:53 am

yep they dont pay any GST on the first $1000--what the heck--Team Australia--

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Fri 02 Jan 2015, 10:59 am

Yeah Ray they were only getting it through Ashdowns which Repco is tied in with, the one i ended up with was a good quality unit, i replaced my radiator a few years back and from what i can work out the radiator guy i went through sourced it through Nationwide auto.

I guess there would be some real cheap n nasty stuff out there to be wary of.

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Fri 02 Jan 2015, 11:55 am

oneday wrote:yep they dont pay any GST on the first $1000--what the heck--Team Australia--

regards
oneday

From what I've been reading, that is all going to change soon -just to appease the like of Myers, David Jones and "Hardly Normals". But it will cost more to collect the GST than we'll get back by taxing these things. "Team Australia" again.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Fri 02 Jan 2015, 12:27 pm

I often get the response from a retailer "mate, I can't even buy it for that price." to which I usually respond, "well your obviously getting them from the wrong place."
Most stuff I get online I would buy locally if I only had to pay a 10 - 15% margin, but more often than not it's 50% and up to 400% more for the identical item and I won't wear that unless I really have to.

Stuff bought online from within Australia still has the GST component. It's only the o/seas stuff that is GST free.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down