Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online internet shopping

5 posters

Go down

Online internet shopping  Empty Online internet shopping

Post by Bignuggs Thu 20 Nov 2014, 5:23 pm

Well here it goes again. I get a call this morning to say my Visa Debit card which is tied to a savings account was rejected.
so once again a call to the bank and I find out the account has been blocked/stopped but the bastards didn't bother to tell me.
Why ? well for the fourth time in about 18 months, those f**king pullers at Walmart in the great USA have debited money from my account for a purchase.
I've never bought a damn thing from Walmart and what pisses me off is, the bank blames me.
Now this is where it gets interesting. There is a history of this shite with my account so the fraud section of the bank must know and that's why they blocked the account but the pullers still allow the money to be transferred.
so an hour of my time at the bloody bank to try and get my money back and I get told I have to wait about 3 weeks for their decision. f##k them. I won't name the bank but they are the only one I've had trouble with but not for too much longer. They can get screwed right royally.
So, if you use paypal or any other internet outfit to buy online, always check your transactions.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Online internet shopping  Empty Re: Online internet shopping

Post by martinjsto Thu 20 Nov 2014, 5:34 pm

gees sorry to hear the saga continues, how in the hell can they allow the transfer to happen given the history. I do a lot of shopping online and will keep an eye on things more closely. in the mean time 3 weeks is a joke, anyone would be spewing and i hope it gets sorted way faster but dont bust a stitch over it.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Online internet shopping  Empty Online Internet Shopping

Post by Ian226 Thu 20 Nov 2014, 7:43 pm

Interesting as my bank are very quick off the mark. Ordered a bow from the US a know reputable bowyer maker and within 15 minutes of my order being sent I had phone call from bank querying if it was a genuine purchase as they put the account on hold. I confirmed it was genuine and never thought much of it as the statement showed nothing out of order. My surprise was 2 weeks later after filling up with fuel and going to pay for it as my card was still suspended so could not get to my savings or use credit. Lucky the missus had another account and paid for the fuel but still embarrassing.

Waiting 3 weeks not really that good, as when you owe the bank they want it there and then always two rules. Hang in there......Ian

Ian226

Back to top Go down

Post by Topcat Fri 21 Nov 2014, 6:17 am

Hi Cliff,

When I started doing internet buying years ago, I was told by a friend to setup a separate account for this & only transfer the amount you require for each purchase so that there are no funds left in the account which prevents exactly what has happened to you.
I only leave a couple of dollars in that account to keep it open.
Hope you get your problem sorted.

Cheers

Ted

Ted

HAVE WHEELS WILL TRAVEL
Online internet shopping  Signature
Topcat
Topcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 21 Nov 2014, 8:20 pm

Topcat wrote:Hi Cliff,

When I started doing internet buying years ago, I was told by a friend to setup a separate account for this & only transfer the amount you require for each purchase so that there are no funds left in the account which prevents exactly what has happened to you.
Hope you get your problem sorted.Cheers
Ted

exactly why I use this particular account.  only enuff to pay for stuff and some extra so I don't get hit with bank charges, so a total loss is not great but it's still my money that's getting ripped off.  That's the bit that pisses me off.
It's all plastic cards now and banks cannot secure your money and beware of this new paywave crap.  
Like I said, I won't name the bank coz I don't need to get sued for defamation but I don't recommend them to anyone.
What makes it worse is, I actually have shares in the bloody bank.  
what a bloody dill I am (no reply comments required on that remark thankyou   lol!   )

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Nov 2014, 2:58 pm

just red an article of how thieves have hijacked TAP & GO technology--the so called easy way to pay

Look like thieves like this technology more than u do especially if it contains your money.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by sandgroper Sun 23 Nov 2014, 8:55 pm

Bignuggs wrote:
Topcat wrote:Hi Cliff,

Hope you get your problem sorted.Cheers
Ted

exactly why I use this particular account.  only enuff to pay for stuff and some extra so I don't get hit with bank charges, so a total loss is not great but it's still my money that's getting ripped off.  That's the bit that pisses me off.
It's all plastic cards now and banks cannot secure your money and beware of this new paywave crap.  
Like I said, I won't name the bank coz I don't need to get sued for defamation but I don't recommend them to anyone.
What makes it worse is, I actually have shares in the bloody bank.  
what a bloody dill I am (no reply comments required on that remark thankyou   lol!   )
Cliff Your not a dill, you're a Sage!!
sandgroper
sandgroper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 3:06 am

One thing you can be certain of these days is the lowlife pond scum that carry out these scams are always one step ahead of the banks etc.

The banks would like to have us believe that our money is safe, but history has shown that to be false, they are so busy fisting us themselves they couldn't care less about minor legue players dipping in as well.

The scumbags are swift when it comes to taking fees and things but incredibly slow at paying up when they are caught out, its like the class action that went through with one bank charging excessive fees on late credit card payments, they are still contesting it even though they have been shown to be in the wrong, been going on  for more than a year now.

There are few choices but one I have made is to steer clear of any of the big banks

au-fever

Last edited by oneday on Mon 24 Nov 2014, 6:17 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spellin correction)

Back to top Go down

Post by sandgroper Mon 24 Nov 2014, 6:00 pm

au-fever wrote:One thing you can be certain of these days is the lowlife pond scum that carry out these scams are always one step ahead of the banks etc.

The banks would like to have us believe that our money is safe, but history has shown that to be false, they are so busy fisting us themselves they couldn't care less about minor legue players dipping in as well.

The scumbags are swift when it comes to taking fees and things but incredibly slow at paying up when they are caught out, its like the class action that went through with one bank charging excessive fees on late credit card payments, they are still contesting it even though they have been shown to be in the wrong, been going on  for more than a year now.

There are few choices but one I have made is to steer clear of any of the big banks

au-fever
My sentiments exactly, P&N bank.
sandgroper
sandgroper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down