Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somewhere u rather b??

5 posters

Go down

Somewhere u rather b?? Empty Somewhere u rather b??

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:24 am

yep out of my workshop and prospecting out bush--one day this will b me

in the mean time I keep doing my homework only trouble is I'll b to old to really enjoy it.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Somewhere u rather b?? Empty Re: Somewhere u rather b??

Post by Bignuggs Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:56 am

Ya too bloody old now so why wait   Somewhere u rather b?? 1472621687

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 16 Nov 2014, 12:14 pm

rather be out digging my hole but no detector means waiting till mid week for the delivery now. Somewhere u rather b?? 4111366853

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 2:01 pm

Yeah,I would rather be other side of April 2015 ready for seasons detecting.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 2:03 pm

theres still good weather from Meeka down..

Marble Bar is out of the question as its permanently above 40' every day and an occasional thunderstorm.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 16 Nov 2014, 3:31 pm

martinjsto wrote:rather be out digging my hole but no detector means waiting till mid week for the delivery now. Somewhere u rather b?? 4111366853

Martin, What have you got coming?

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 16 Nov 2014, 4:47 pm

Bignuggs wrote:Ya too bloody old now so why wait     Somewhere u rather b?? 1472621687

Too true.............

If I had known years ago how little it costs us to live in the bush I think I would have aimed for retirement a lot earlier. I had several opportunities to sell my business for more than 10 times the price we got in the end but I thought I needed a lot more money. I made the mistake of listening to the financial "experts".

You don't need $1,000,000 invested to live an enjoyable but basic lifestyle. At least that's what I think now. We're treading lightly right now as we keep a close eye on the little money we made out of the sale of our core business. Sandra's mum thinks we are crazy spending money like it grows on trees. We've built our motorhome (well almost finished), bought new metal detectors and right now we're sitting in a cheap hostel in Hawaii. The thing is you do have to spend a few bucks to make the break from full time work. If you just stop work you may as well roll over and drop dead. We've had to spend a bit to set up a new lifestyle. Hopefully we can survive on a lot less than we've spent in the last year. We still have a bit of work lined up to cover this initial expense but then I recon we can get by on a very low income until we reach pension age.

Anything beats having to be at work every day kwdf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 16 Nov 2014, 5:30 pm

Moneybox wrote:
Bignuggs wrote:Ya too bloody old now so why wait     Somewhere u rather b?? 1472621687

Too true.............

If I had known years ago how little it costs us to live in the bush I think I would have aimed for retirement a lot earlier. I had several opportunities to sell my business for more than 10 times the price we got in the end but I thought I needed a lot more money. I made the mistake of listening to the financial "experts".

You don't need $1,000,000 invested to live an enjoyable but basic lifestyle. At least that's what I think now. We're treading lightly right now as we keep a close eye on the little money we made out of the sale of our core business. Sandra's mum thinks we are crazy spending money like it grows on trees. We've built our motorhome (well almost finished), bought new metal detectors and right now we're sitting in a cheap hostel in Hawaii. The thing is you do have to spend a few bucks to make the break from full time work. If you just stop work you may as well roll over and drop dead. We've had to spend a bit to set up a new lifestyle. Hopefully we can survive on a lot less than we've spent in the last year. We still have a bit of work lined up to cover this initial expense but then I recon we can get by on a very low income until we reach pension age.

Anything beats having to be at work every day kwdf

That's the thing about work.  You rely to heavily on ya wage/salary and get used to it.  Guess ya got no choice if you have a mortgage and young kids.
But comes a time when ya say "stuff it".  You get to a point when you ask yourself "Do I really need it" and you can learn to live on less and still enjoy life.
All comes down to personal choice.  
For some time I've been asking myself if I really need anymore of the 9 to 5 rat race, a bloody big house with constant maintenance and yards to look after.  My answer to that is, No I Don't.
Then you start to upset your kids or rellies coz ya spending THEIR inheritance.  who ever said it was THEIR bloody inheritance to start with    Razz
Just my opinion and rambling but I gotta say, when you hit the dark side of 60, it's time to look after number 1.

Cheers
Cliff

Last edited by Bignuggs on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Sun 16 Nov 2014, 5:45 pm

I agree with you both Ray Cliff, and Phil, I've been told I will be put off at the end of march and really wondering whether to look for more work or go detecting for 6 months to see how we go. 59 yesterday so chances of more employment are pretty slim anyway.

Last edited by shorty on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Left Ray out ;))
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 16 Nov 2014, 5:58 pm

sdc2300 and gpx5000 deal Phil, should arrive mid week, I got registered for the Bendigo gold $7399 bundle when they were advertised and they honoured it. we could live off the tiny bits the sdc will find once everything falls into place and were in Northampton. not long now cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:01 pm

Yep,could not agree more Phil and Cliff.I was made redundant just on 12 months ago and was missing the regular wage coming in.Its just a matter of juggling things around and cutting back on a few things.Make me home brew,grow vegies and catch fish are just a few things which help out.Certainly dont miss the Monday to Friday routine and trying to cram every thing into two days on the weekend.

Cheers

Phil.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum