Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bulldust

3 posters

Go down

Bulldust Empty Bulldust

Post by cruiser1 Wed 12 Nov 2014, 4:25 pm

Since it will be a few months before I get back out to the goldfields I thought I would give the troopy a birthday today.Its amazing where the dirt gets into when off the bitumen.Even though I always give her a good wash down after each trip it amazes me where its still coming from.I think a good high pressure washer might be on the cards for xmas.Outside done today and inside tomorrow.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Bulldust Empty Re: Bulldust

Post by wandwaver Wed 12 Nov 2014, 4:33 pm

We use the air compressor to blow the dust out of all the nooks and crannies inside the cab of the Landcruiser. It is amazing how much dust gets in there. Have fun.

wandwaver

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 12 Nov 2014, 4:39 pm

yes tell me about it, it gets everywhere and you get to the stage where it becomes a part of the furniture. i have a high pressure unit and they are great, good to get it our of the door sills and all the under frame and suspension. it goes hard as and is a pain when it falls in ya eyes when working underneath. i panned off a heap of mud and crap one trip but didnt find anything. worth a shot i thought.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 4:26 am

I dont worry too much about it during the winter months as you barely come back before you want to head out again, as mentioned get the air hose into the cabin and back of the troopy and blow the dust out, use a long soft paintbrush to get into the dash vents etc.

Wipe over the interior with a damp microfibre cloth, that gets the worst of it out, tip: dont use any shiny sprays like armoral as it gives the dust something to stick to.

The outside is another thing, pressure washing is well and good but it can force moisture into places that dont like it, such as electrical connections and nooks and crannies that are better staying dry or you will start to get internal rust.

If I wash the engine over I always spray it well with crc or wd40, door hinges and plastics etc get the same, dust sticks to it but it washes off easily, better that than allowing the rust to start.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum