Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the next detector ,a 7000

5 posters

Go down

the next detector ,a 7000  Empty the next detector ,a 7000

Post by albo Tue 11 Nov 2014, 9:53 am

just fishing for news on this one , I believe from 4th hand its going through the testing process atm , iv been out of the game for awhile & from what iv heard unfortunately the coils will not be compatible from the 2100 to the 5000 to work on the new one . so when it comes out or before there will be a glut of coils worth zilch , any news on this would be good .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

the next detector ,a 7000  Empty Re: the next detector ,a 7000

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 10:11 am

SORRY MATE --CANT HELP U ON THIS ONE.

the problem with the vast majority of fossicers is that continually hit their old spots rather than positioning themselves in an area that has potential to shine.

i wouldnt write the GPX5k and the coils of just yet. Its a very good machine once u master it and trust me it takes a bit of playing around however once u get it humming then u r basically on your way.

u just have to walk over the right color.

u must b getting close to retirement.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Tue 11 Nov 2014, 12:17 pm

I thought what JP wrote below on another forum was interesting, it was in response to someone basically saying JP would be too busy out there cleaning up all the gold with the new machine. I know he get's continually pestered around this time so I guess i'm no better adding to the speculation.

"Oh and BTW OZ is a BIG place, much more than I can cover in a life time let alone the short period of time available to me once a test unit becomes properly functional"

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 2:30 pm

DONT FORGET JP and the other testers out there conduct tests on all the units big and small.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:05 pm

some say as early as late December this year, lots of speculation as usual but
I have read a report on the frequency and emissions testing done by some electronic engineering mob in vic and this was done june/july 2014, mind you it was all bloody double dutch to me but it all complied to aussie standards so may not be far away

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:10 pm

i wouldn't give up drinking just incase u may think u will miss something.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:33 pm

I wouldn't personally go out and buy any machine until its proven itself in WA like the SDC2300 has now done, in saying that the new detector from minelab does look like it will deliver the goods as all they seem to do. probably get some extra depth and be EMI friendly plus some other wiz bang thing from them but it will cost ya and who really knows when it will be released, 1 month, 6 a year?. the 5k is a great machine that will keep on going for many years yet as the flagship of minelab and the highest yielding detector on the market in current times and so it seems will be closely followed by the SDC. isnt that whats its about, yield of gold recovered. how do you judge a detector without first learning all there is to using it and that will take most people years to master with a 5k. me i will stick to the 5k and get the missus a SDC especially with the value of the deals ATM, nothing like a bit of speculation to get people panicking and dropping their pants om some good gear. wegr

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:51 pm

yep shouldn't have commented on this post, I know nothing like everyone else on the subject. QK;

Last edited by aussie18 on Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i'm a idiot)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 11 Nov 2014, 5:53 pm

I won't be rushing out to buy a new fangled machine and I can just imagine what the price will be.
bugger me, I haven't even had a chance to use a 5000 for a decent amount of time and get used to it so I don't think I've got a snowballs chance in hell of gettin my head around anything that could possibly be more high tech.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 4:39 am

One thing to remember is that every new machine that hits the market has issues that take time to iron out, you are either in the first group to have them on the ground and have to deal with these issues or.......

You wait awhile until the dust and bs settles and then make an informed decision, detectors dont make gold and no matter how good it sounds in theory it still has to prove itself on the ground.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:17 am

are no worries its exciting that theres a newy on the horizon out soon & when that happens theres always hype , just gammin with you lot & stirring the boys n girls a bit , hope its great , albo.
ha ha jeez Ray, retirement , theres still a bit of kick & cheek in this ol fart mate , picture of health I am , the bodies a killkenny temple , albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:35 am

just read back some posts & noticed jackthehound had already covered this subject , apologies for the repeat ... its old hat now . lol!
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down