Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC and other things

+4
Digginerup
codgerwa
albo
Bignuggs
8 posters

Go down

SDC and other things Empty SDC and other things

Post by Bignuggs Fri 25 Jul 2014, 4:50 pm

calm down fella's, it's only a detector.  it's not as if life has come to an end, discuss the why's and wherefores without getting heated about it.
Then again, I good shite fight might cheer us all up     SDC and other things 1472621687
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

SDC and other things Empty Re: SDC and other things

Post by albo Fri 25 Jul 2014, 7:30 pm

arrr well , is that it , the new minelab big jump detector .... mmm il stay workin , bugger.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

SDC and other things Empty Gday.

Post by codgerwa Fri 25 Jul 2014, 8:33 pm

albo wrote:arrr well , is that it , the new minelab big jump detector .... mmm il stay workin , bugger.

Albo, it's only like an entry model tector, very easy to use but works good on small gold to 400 mm. Good for cleaning up patches & works quietly in fairly noisy ground. $400. Terral & I have been using one for the last week, the only problem is that it is a bit ergonomicly awkward, but very sensitive on small Gold. Cheers to you from codgers Steve & Terral What a Face flower scratch 

codgerwa

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Tue 12 Aug 2014, 7:35 pm

cheers Steve , arr got it now , there was some carry on about it , new you would put it in perspective , cheers mate & hope the new patch comes in ... give me a call when your 3/4 done  Laughing 
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Digginerup Tue 12 Aug 2014, 10:02 pm

codgerwa wrote:
albo wrote:arrr well , is that it , the new minelab big jump detector .... mmm il stay workin , bugger.

Albo, it's only like an entry model tector, very easy to use but works good on small gold to 400 mm. Good for cleaning up patches & works quietly in fairly noisy ground. $400. Terral & I have been using one for the last week, the only problem is that it is a bit ergonomicly awkward, but very sensitive on small Gold.    Cheers to you from codgers Steve & Terral What a Face flower scratch 

$400!!! I wish  Rolling Eyes  I would order one tomorrow if that was the case, minelab certainly didn't shower themselves in glory with its design and construction but after seeing it in operation over the course of a week or so mopping up patches I am convinced it works well.

Wayne. cheers

Digginerup

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:27 pm

I don't get this. I'm reading what "Old Codger" says, (and please bear in mind I know him very well & he's a good mate that I've known for decades), and here we have a new detector that's "really good on mopping up small bits & patches" and it costs 4000 bucks. But according to all opinions around the bipping' game, "it's not as good as a 5000" which costs 6700 bucks. I know "Old Codger" will have a 5000 as does his partner.

So, when I buy a 5000, am I buying a machine that misses the small stuff and isn't capable of mopping up patches?? The point I'm making is at 6700 bucks, the 5000 should be doing that same job on small bits, old patches etc. So why pay for two detectors when one will do everything you need,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or will it??

The logic's not right here.

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:51 pm

the sdc is aimed mainly at an entry level detector especially to those who want something that is very good yet cant afford to fork out $6750.

I have seen a lot of people with the GPX machines and there are a lot of detectorists out there who either swing to fast-swing high and low-some who dont want to damage the skid plate and a lot that just walk a million miles an hour.

these people will miss a lot of gold. Put a person in the same area that has the experience and patience will basically clean up especially if they have a 8" coil and a larger coil say a 17x11.

i personally like the fact that its compact and when on a quad looking for new ground it is a treat to use up here in the Pilbara.
i'm over picking up sub grammers but its still a rush especially on shallow ground.

so if u are a good GPX operator then u r laughing--generally these type of people leave only a very few sub grammers for the rest.

If there are two of u going bush and are bleased with a bit of female company and u only have 1 detector then i reckon its not a bad buy

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 14 Aug 2014, 2:37 pm

the logic off having both the 5000 and the SDC might sound confusing and maybe a bit of overkill but if they do the job then why not have both.
I'd be interested in knowing how many people bought the ATX and ended up using them for target practice.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wedgetail Thu 14 Aug 2014, 4:13 pm

Bignuggs,

Now yer being spiteful Very Happy . This is not a discussion about the ATX vs "anything Minelab". Refer to Ray about ATX purchases. Ray will tell you all you need to know.

Why not have both you ask. I have both. I have a GPX 5000, a GPX 4500 and female company that knows how to use both as well cook. That's a trifecta I believe.

And for Ray all I can say is that for years since the 2000 came out and everything since, I've gone over old patches with the "latest and greatest" and pulled out practically nothing after me & a 2000 went over it the first time. Now, I'm not sure if that makes me a brilliant operator or a poor one 'cos I'll never know what the guy following me got. But what I got wasn't worth getting compared to what the initial 2000 got. As Ray says, I'm over it with sub-gramme stuff.

However, during the VLF days my mate in Cue used to call me "The Vacuum Cleaner". That could mean I'm real flash or just a sucker eh?

Wedgetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 14 Aug 2014, 5:12 pm

wedgetail, ya taking it all too serious, calm down.
if people want a 5000 and the SDC, good on them and end of story.
and if I want to refer to the mighty ATX, I will.
so don't tell me what gets discussed in here.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Thu 14 Aug 2014, 6:20 pm

The wife loves her new SDC 2300 (thanks Ray) and is matching me nugget for nugget with me using my 4500. Simple to use, deadly on shallow gold no matter what size. Obviously lacks the depth of the 4500 but makes up with its' super sensitivity.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Aug 2014, 6:30 pm

Is Mrs Toad running it on 5--flat out?

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Thu 14 Aug 2014, 7:20 pm

Yep. Set on 5 and happy with it, although I have heard her cursing the #*!!% hotrocks every now and then.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Fri 15 Aug 2014, 7:50 am

G,day Neil, had ya misses found a nice specie yet as I remember that was what she realy wanted to find.
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggo Sat 16 Aug 2014, 7:17 am

Hi Snapper, No specie yet! Although I was probably more interested in finding one when I was Toads 'pick bitch' now I'm more than happy to find nuggets! If I come across a nice specie I won't complain! Very Happy 

Froggo

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Sat 16 Aug 2014, 6:09 pm

The wife picked up 7 little bits today with the 2300 for a total of 1.6 grams. Targets that were clear and obvious to the 2300 hardly registered with the 4500 running a 12" round mono NFA. I had to put the headphones on and concentrate like buggery to hear what was obvious to the 2300. Only small bits, but that was all that was there. It is a very sensitive machine even in the most mineralised ground.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 16 Aug 2014, 6:16 pm

I think that says a lot about the SDC. More money paid out maybe but if it's gunna do a job, then bugger the cost.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 17 Aug 2014, 9:57 am

sounds like a good clean up machine ... codger .... gidg ... bats.. ha .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum