Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shovel and rake holder

3 posters

Go down

shovel and rake holder Empty shovel and rake holder

Post by Guest Sun 22 Jun 2014, 5:04 pm

has any one got a few ideas on how to attach a shovel and my rake to the side of my troopy

I keep leaving the buggers behind and when I do remember to take them they r a pain in the back of the troopy

just trying to be neat and organised.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

shovel and rake holder Empty Re: shovel and rake holder

Post by cruiser1 Sun 22 Jun 2014, 5:46 pm

G!Day Ray.On my troopy,a 94 model there is a hollow tube which runs accross the front of the vehicle just in front of where the roo bar is attached.I simply slide the shovel handle through the tube and place a steel clip through a hole drilled in the end of the handle.Works fine,out of the way and easy to access.Take a pic tomorrow in day light.

Regards

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 22 Jun 2014, 9:45 pm

cruiser1 wrote:G!Day Ray.On my troopy,a 94 model there is a hollow tube which runs accross the front of the vehicle just in front of where the roo bar is attached.I simply slide the shovel handle through the tube and place a steel clip through a hole drilled in the end of the handle.Works fine,out of the way and easy to access.Take a pic tomorrow in day light.

Regards

Phil

Yes Phil we used to do the same for many of the mining vehicles back in the 80's. I think we had something in front of the bade so you just had to rotate it a bit and drag it out.

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Mon 23 Jun 2014, 9:01 am

On the quad bikes I just cable tied 50mm PVC to the racks and slid our picks in them.
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Mon 23 Jun 2014, 5:48 pm

G!Day Ray.Here are the pics of my troopy.If you dont have a set up like this from factory may be you can still fit a pipe accross the front of your vehicle.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cheers

Phil

cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jun 2014, 6:21 pm

hi Phil
I checked out my troopy and if I mount it there I'm sure to break it..

I get into some harsh places unfortunately looking for an elusive metal with not too much success..

looks like a modified roof mount is on the drawing boards..

one thing I did do and that was to put a rubber handle something like those cricket bat handle wraps--trust me u shouldn't get another blister. they work a treat--might even slip one on the handle of me pick..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Tue 24 Jun 2014, 8:23 pm

Rhino make a lockable shovel holder that might work for the pick as well if you can mount it. It's basically two short pieces of pipe with a bolt screwed in from the side. The Rhino one has a flat plate on the end of the bolt so it doesn't damage the handle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Aug 2014, 5:35 pm

I decided to do a quick mod to the front of the troopy. I am getting to old to climb up and undo bolts etc..
a piece of exhaust tube and a nut welded to the bottom of it and away I go.
note a mark on the handle to show me the top centre.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum